Page 3 of 1137 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Thread

Thanks
    Gay and Derozan were terrible. Hansbrough and Fields looked great. Ross was decent, JV was decent.

Their offense looked terrible for the most part. Almost every shot came with 5> on the shot clock.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 848 Posts
    I don't watch basketball nor do I care about it, but why do Raptors fans hate DeRozan? The reason I ask is because every basketball conversation I overhear at work/school is about how much DeRozan sucks and how they need to get the "bum" off the team. Is he like in that mold of Bozak/JPA in terms of awfulness? I'm guessing he just chucks up a lot of shots with little to no efficiency?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by havok24 View Post
    I don't watch basketball nor do I care about it, but why do Raptors fans hate DeRozan? The reason I ask is because every basketball conversation I overhear at work/school is about how much DeRozan sucks and how they need to get the "bum" off the team. Is he like in that mold of Bozak/JPA in terms of awfulness? I'm guessing he just chucks up a lot of shots with little to no efficiency?
    Poor defender, poor re-bounder, doesnt utilize ball screens effectively, cant pass worth a dime. He gets to the line at a good rate, but thats about it.

Thanks
    I'm not sure how you can come away from last night and say Gay looked "terrible".

He pretty much locked down the 4th as calmly as you'd expect from a 19 million dollar man. Now is he worth that? No, but he played well last night.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 691 Posts
    He wasn't terrible last night, he played exactly to expectations... 19 points on 18 shots = mediocre just like the raptors have always been.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,997 Times in 1,488 Posts
    It was the first game of the season. Both teams looked exactly like they were playing the first game. I can't believe how many people around here can possibly complain so much even when the teams win.

Thanks
    This year is not the time to win.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dineke View Post
    This year is not the time to win.
    They're to good to finish bottom 5, or even 8. Making the playoffs and growing their team during next off season will be more beneficial than trading away guys like Lowry and Amir to improve their pick.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,729 Times in 3,395 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    Making the playoffs and growing their team during next off season will be more beneficial than trading away guys like Lowry and Amir to improve their pick.
    Nah. The first 10 picks of the draft are significantly more valuable than those two.
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GordieDougie View Post
    Nah. The first 10 picks of the draft are significantly more valuable than those two.
    The 6th pick lets say for argument sake is more valuable than the 15th and Amir? If thats what you are arguing, youre nuts.

Thanks
    They're to good to finish bottom 5, or even 8. Making the playoffs and growing their team during next off season will be more beneficial than trading away guys like Lowry and Amir to improve their pick.
    Grow what? Lowry, and Gay are in their prime and Derozan has barely improved his efficiency since his rookie year. The only guy on the team that is young and on the upswing is Valanciunas.

This team is maxed out and has a ceiling of a 6th seed and winning one series if they get really really really lucky.

Also, Lowry is a great candidate to be traded because he's coming up on FA.

If they trade Lowry and Gay, they're a great candidate for a bottom five finish.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dineke For This Useful Post:

GD (10-31-2013)

Thanks
    The 6th pick lets say for argument sake is more valuable than the 15th and Amir? If thats what you are arguing, youre nuts.
    I'm arguing that trading guys like Gay, Amir and Lowry for draft picks is more beneficial to the team than making the playoffs this year. Sorry if I worded that badly. I almost certainly did.

E: ^what he said
    climate change (lol)

Thanks
    Getting an 8th seed and getting their butts handed to them is sure great for growth. Milwaukee suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure has benefited from that over the years.

Thanks
    Grow what? Lowry, and Gay are in their prime and Derozan has barely improved his efficiency since his rookie year. The only guy on the team that is young and on the upswing is Valanciunas.

This team is maxed out and has a ceiling of a 6th seed and winning one series if they get really really really lucky.
    Grow as in continue to obtain assets and build the team, not just trade away players for the sake of doing so. You arent going to outank the Phoenix's and Orlando's of the league, it aint happening. Loaded draft or not, you trade away the few decent players we have, and well we're back to square one if it doesnt land us Wiggins or Parker. Tanking's a great strategy if you have literally nothing on your team and its a guarantee to get a top 3 pick.

Thanks
    Getting an 8th seed and getting their butts handed to them is sure great for growth. Milwaukee suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure has benefited from that over the years.
    I feel so bad for them. If they're too bad, they'll get relocated, but they have to be bad to be good. Catch 22.

You arent going to outank the Phoenix's and Orlando's of the league, it aint happening.
    You know that a.) we don't have to to get a great player, as being a bottom 10 team will get us an excellent player, and b.) that there's a lottery, right..?
    climate change (lol)

Thanks
    Who's saying to trade them for nothing? So what, you just want to sign Lowry to a long term contract and stick with this maxed out and mediocre core for the next few years?

gross

If you can trade lowry for a draft pick and Gay for a package like the raptors gave up (Ed Davis), take it and run.

Now you have gained a couple of assets and maybe more importantly, cap space in the off season to add more assets.