• SEA
    MIN
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
  • LAD
    SD
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 1197 of 1231 FirstFirst ... 197697109711471187119511961197119811991207 ... LastLast
Results 19,137 to 19,152 of 19691

Thread: NBA Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 5,332 Times in 3,373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    So if the Cavs keep downplaying during the regular season, they'll downplay themselves right out of a Finals spot. Three blow out losses against good teams and a close game against a basement dweller on their four game road trip. Barely positive point differential now. I don't know basketball that well but that looks like a team that wasn't what it was the last couple of years. If I bothered with bets that took 5 months to complete, some money on the Raptors or Celtics to be the conference winner looks pretty good right about now.
    They're too old and don't play defense. LeBron as usual is just carrying the entire team on his back, he has zero support from the rest of the players right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

Thanks
    Thanked 1,492 Times in 906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    They're too old and don't play defense. LeBron as usual is just carrying the entire team on his back, he has zero support from the rest of the players right now.
    I really hope he goes to the Lakers so the Cavs can continue their legacy as an 11 win team. What a shithole city. Cleveland has had far too much winning (in sports, not in life) recently. It needs more Browns.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,486 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    So if the Cavs keep downplaying during the regular season, they'll downplay themselves right out of a Finals spot. Three blow out losses against good teams and a close game against a basement dweller on their four game road trip. Barely positive point differential now. I don't know basketball that well but that looks like a team that wasn't what it was the last couple of years. If I bothered with bets that took 5 months to complete, some money on the Raptors or Celtics to be the conference winner looks pretty good right about now.
    The thing with Lebron lead teams is that they have a history of turning it on in the playoffs (Cleveland and Miami). So, yes, they look like garbage right now...but don't sleep on them. Those veteran teams can be very dangerous when they get on the same page. It may not happen, but don't be surprised.

All Star
    Thanks
    So seriously I'm not trolling... but assuming both teams are healthy, would you really bet on the Raps over Lebr.. I mean the Cavs in a playoff series?

Kool-aid is nice sometimes

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    The thing with Lebron lead teams is that they have a history of turning it on in the playoffs (Cleveland and Miami). So, yes, they look like garbage right now...but don't sleep on them. Those veteran teams can be very dangerous when they get on the same page. It may not happen, but don't be surprised.
    When they decide to play defense like it matters*

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    So seriously I'm not trolling... but assuming both teams are healthy, would you really bet on the Raps over Lebr.. I mean the Cavs in a playoff series?

This team could easily beat the Cavs in a playoff series, I have no doubt about that. Our bench is like, the best in the NBA. Now whether that means they will play at a high level come the playoffs like they're capable of, and LeBron will completely dominate as usual, is a different thing.
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

All Star
    Thanks
    This team could easily beat the Cavs in a playoff series, I have no doubt about that. Our bench is like, the best in the NBA. Now whether that means they will play at a high level come the playoffs like they're capable of, and LeBron will completely dominate as usual, is a different thing.
    Not sure how many times Bron's teams have to coast regular season to know they're coasting. Let's just bookmark these posts

Thanks
    Thanked 1,492 Times in 906 Posts

That's a silly question. A gambling newb here trying to be a smartass. You have to frame the question right, gambling newb. Would I take the Raptors in an even money bet....no, what a stupid idea that would be. Would I take them at +150 or higher, which would be the going rate with the home court advantage if the season ended today. Yes, I would.

Thanks
    Not sure how many times Bron's teams have to coast regular season to know they're coasting. Let's just bookmark these posts
    I don't know what you're getting at here. I don't expect the Cavs to crap out come the playoffs, but they most certainly are not the clear cut best team in the East like the last couple of years, the Celtics and Raptors present huge problems for them. Could I see Cleveland winning the East? Of course, but they won't just sweep everyone like last year.

All Star
    Thanks
    I don't know what you're getting at here. I don't expect the Cavs to crap out come the playoffs, but they most certainly are not the clear cut best team in the East like the last couple of years, the Celtics and Raptors present huge problems for them. Could I see Cleveland winning the East? Of course, but they won't just sweep everyone like last year.
    Not sure how clear cut they were last year when Boston had better record and TOR same record

Thanks
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,553 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    I think the key to beating them in the playoffs will be to play extremely fast. Cavs will no doubt turn it up in the playoffs but at the same time they are still old and slow and have limitations on defense.

If the Raps or Celtics (maybe even the Wiz) run in transition I think they have a good chance of beating them. The Pace always slows down in the playoffs because teams don't want to risk turning the ball over but a smart coach will realize that's going to be how you beat them.

Thanks
    For the Raps the biggest questions are going to be:

1. Can Derozan and Lowry play to their talent level

2. Can the young players knock down open shots. Delon, OG, VV and Siakam are going to be left open as teams rightfully will focus on Lowry and Derozan.

I'm confident in the Raptors defense being good enough as they've shown all year they are a top team with all of their length and athleticism so I think that will translate. Then bench isn't going to be a factor as much given stars play 35-40 min in the playoffs.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 963 Posts
    Until Lebron actually gets beat, I'd say Cleveland is the clear cut favourite. Casey needs to stop with the 12 man rotation though and go hard for that 1 seed.

The bucks or Washington would be a good entertaining series. Getting bounced in 5 by the Cavs would be horrible
    #FireCasey

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,116 Times in 2,311 Posts
    This game might be incredibly high scoring. Neither team seems interested in playing defense.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Abomination For This Useful Post:

Orgfiller (01-13-2018)

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    Until Lebron actually gets beat, I'd say Cleveland is the clear cut favourite. Casey needs to stop with the 12 man rotation though and go hard for that 1 seed.

The bucks or Washington would be a good entertaining series. Getting bounced in 5 by the Cavs would be horrible
    I can't say I watched any game against TOR but I've seen my fair share of Cavs games this year and Lebron isn't even pretending to play D most of the time lol.
    It'll all start with him and I expect they're going to turn on the jets post-season

Thanks
    Raps defence struggling big time. Credit to GS because they've made everything but lots of good looks for them.