• BOS
    ATL
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • OAK
    ARI
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • TEX
    KC
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • PHI
    TOR
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • PIT
    STL
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • TB
    BAL
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • DET
    CWS
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • MIL
    NYM
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • MIA
    WSH
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • CLE
    HOU
    Preview
    7:15 PM ET
  • NYY
    LAA
    Preview
    7:15 PM ET
  • CHC
    SF
    Preview
    7:15 PM ET
  • COL
    CIN
    Preview
    9:10 PM ET
  • SEA
    MIN
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
  • LAD
    SD
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 1197 of 1231 FirstFirst ... 197697109711471187119511961197119811991207 ... LastLast
Results 19,137 to 19,152 of 19691

Thread: NBA Thread

  1. #19137
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,248
    Thanks
    4,039
    Thanked 5,332 Times in 3,373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    So if the Cavs keep downplaying during the regular season, they'll downplay themselves right out of a Finals spot. Three blow out losses against good teams and a close game against a basement dweller on their four game road trip. Barely positive point differential now. I don't know basketball that well but that looks like a team that wasn't what it was the last couple of years. If I bothered with bets that took 5 months to complete, some money on the Raptors or Celtics to be the conference winner looks pretty good right about now.
    They're too old and don't play defense. LeBron as usual is just carrying the entire team on his back, he has zero support from the rest of the players right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

  2. #19138
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,038
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 1,492 Times in 906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    They're too old and don't play defense. LeBron as usual is just carrying the entire team on his back, he has zero support from the rest of the players right now.
    I really hope he goes to the Lakers so the Cavs can continue their legacy as an 11 win team. What a shithole city. Cleveland has had far too much winning (in sports, not in life) recently. It needs more Browns.

  3. #19139
    All Star Krylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5,588
    Thanks
    691
    Thanked 1,486 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    So if the Cavs keep downplaying during the regular season, they'll downplay themselves right out of a Finals spot. Three blow out losses against good teams and a close game against a basement dweller on their four game road trip. Barely positive point differential now. I don't know basketball that well but that looks like a team that wasn't what it was the last couple of years. If I bothered with bets that took 5 months to complete, some money on the Raptors or Celtics to be the conference winner looks pretty good right about now.
    The thing with Lebron lead teams is that they have a history of turning it on in the playoffs (Cleveland and Miami). So, yes, they look like garbage right now...but don't sleep on them. Those veteran teams can be very dangerous when they get on the same page. It may not happen, but don't be surprised.

  4. #19140
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,932
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 478 Times in 363 Posts
    So seriously I'm not trolling... but assuming both teams are healthy, would you really bet on the Raps over Lebr.. I mean the Cavs in a playoff series?

    Kool-aid is nice sometimes

  5. #19141
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,932
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 478 Times in 363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    The thing with Lebron lead teams is that they have a history of turning it on in the playoffs (Cleveland and Miami). So, yes, they look like garbage right now...but don't sleep on them. Those veteran teams can be very dangerous when they get on the same page. It may not happen, but don't be surprised.
    When they decide to play defense like it matters*

  6. #19142
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,248
    Thanks
    4,039
    Thanked 5,332 Times in 3,373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    So seriously I'm not trolling... but assuming both teams are healthy, would you really bet on the Raps over Lebr.. I mean the Cavs in a playoff series?

    Kool-aid is nice sometimes
    This team could easily beat the Cavs in a playoff series, I have no doubt about that. Our bench is like, the best in the NBA. Now whether that means they will play at a high level come the playoffs like they're capable of, and LeBron will completely dominate as usual, is a different thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

  7. #19143
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,932
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 478 Times in 363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    This team could easily beat the Cavs in a playoff series, I have no doubt about that. Our bench is like, the best in the NBA. Now whether that means they will play at a high level come the playoffs like they're capable of, and LeBron will completely dominate as usual, is a different thing.
    Not sure how many times Bron's teams have to coast regular season to know they're coasting. Let's just bookmark these posts

  8. #19144
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,038
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 1,492 Times in 906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    So seriously I'm not trolling... but assuming both teams are healthy, would you really bet on the Raps over Lebr.. I mean the Cavs in a playoff series?

    Kool-aid is nice sometimes
    That's a silly question. A gambling newb here trying to be a smartass. You have to frame the question right, gambling newb. Would I take the Raptors in an even money bet....no, what a stupid idea that would be. Would I take them at +150 or higher, which would be the going rate with the home court advantage if the season ended today. Yes, I would.

  9. #19145
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,248
    Thanks
    4,039
    Thanked 5,332 Times in 3,373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    Not sure how many times Bron's teams have to coast regular season to know they're coasting. Let's just bookmark these posts
    I don't know what you're getting at here. I don't expect the Cavs to crap out come the playoffs, but they most certainly are not the clear cut best team in the East like the last couple of years, the Celtics and Raptors present huge problems for them. Could I see Cleveland winning the East? Of course, but they won't just sweep everyone like last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

  10. #19146
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,932
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 478 Times in 363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    I don't know what you're getting at here. I don't expect the Cavs to crap out come the playoffs, but they most certainly are not the clear cut best team in the East like the last couple of years, the Celtics and Raptors present huge problems for them. Could I see Cleveland winning the East? Of course, but they won't just sweep everyone like last year.
    Not sure how clear cut they were last year when Boston had better record and TOR same record

  11. #19147
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16,967
    Thanks
    722
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,553 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    The thing with Lebron lead teams is that they have a history of turning it on in the playoffs (Cleveland and Miami). So, yes, they look like garbage right now...but don't sleep on them. Those veteran teams can be very dangerous when they get on the same page. It may not happen, but don't be surprised.
    I think the key to beating them in the playoffs will be to play extremely fast. Cavs will no doubt turn it up in the playoffs but at the same time they are still old and slow and have limitations on defense.

    If the Raps or Celtics (maybe even the Wiz) run in transition I think they have a good chance of beating them. The Pace always slows down in the playoffs because teams don't want to risk turning the ball over but a smart coach will realize that's going to be how you beat them.

  12. #19148
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16,967
    Thanks
    722
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,553 Posts
    For the Raps the biggest questions are going to be:

    1. Can Derozan and Lowry play to their talent level

    2. Can the young players knock down open shots. Delon, OG, VV and Siakam are going to be left open as teams rightfully will focus on Lowry and Derozan.

    I'm confident in the Raptors defense being good enough as they've shown all year they are a top team with all of their length and athleticism so I think that will translate. Then bench isn't going to be a factor as much given stars play 35-40 min in the playoffs.

  13. #19149
    All Star jays_fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,049
    Thanks
    291
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 963 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    I don't know what you're getting at here. I don't expect the Cavs to crap out come the playoffs, but they most certainly are not the clear cut best team in the East like the last couple of years, the Celtics and Raptors present huge problems for them. Could I see Cleveland winning the East? Of course, but they won't just sweep everyone like last year.
    Until Lebron actually gets beat, I'd say Cleveland is the clear cut favourite. Casey needs to stop with the 12 man rotation though and go hard for that 1 seed.

    The bucks or Washington would be a good entertaining series. Getting bounced in 5 by the Cavs would be horrible
    #FireCasey

  14. #19150
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    13,267
    Thanks
    851
    Thanked 3,116 Times in 2,311 Posts
    This game might be incredibly high scoring. Neither team seems interested in playing defense.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Abomination For This Useful Post:

    Orgfiller (01-13-2018)

  16. #19151
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,932
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 478 Times in 363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    Until Lebron actually gets beat, I'd say Cleveland is the clear cut favourite. Casey needs to stop with the 12 man rotation though and go hard for that 1 seed.

    The bucks or Washington would be a good entertaining series. Getting bounced in 5 by the Cavs would be horrible
    I can't say I watched any game against TOR but I've seen my fair share of Cavs games this year and Lebron isn't even pretending to play D most of the time lol.
    It'll all start with him and I expect they're going to turn on the jets post-season

  17. #19152
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16,967
    Thanks
    722
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,553 Posts
    Raps defence struggling big time. Credit to GS because they've made everything but lots of good looks for them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •