Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Preparing for 2018

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SaskJaysFan_2 View Post
    1. I'd rather have JB that Morales as DH. In a perfect world...

2. Maybe, but I'd sign one more person, too. Not a bank buster, but someone like like a Curtis Granderson. Maybe Jay Bruce.

3. I'm on the trade him side here.

4. Someone like Dee Gordon would be a nice get.

5. I'd say minors for sure here, unless someone falls into their laps.
    JB was a horrible hitter this year. Numbers showed a huge decline - in ability to pull the ball for the last two months of the season was very evident. Time to say good bye to Jose imo

DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,647 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    I hope the Jays have a worse pick than the Orioles for the next 50 years.
    Jays get the 11th pick looks like?

DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,647 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeleelop View Post
    JB was a horrible hitter this year. Numbers showed a huge decline - in ability to pull the ball for the last two months of the season was very evident. Time to say good bye to Jose imo
    True

Morales was a significantly better hitter this year

97 vs 80 wRC+

4. The Following User Says Thank You to G-Snarls For This Useful Post:

Mikeleelop (10-03-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysblue View Post
    Might be able to get Pederson for a lot cheaper. He would be a good buy low. Though the Dodgers FO isn't stupid.

As with Zobrist and the no-trade, he could waive it depending on his playing time with the Cubs. Would love to see him in a Jays uniform. Could even be a leadoff option.

RF Ben Zobrist (S)
    3B Josh Donaldson (R)
    1B Justin Smoak (S)
    DH Kendrys Morales (S)
    SS Troy Tulowitzki (R)
    C Russell Martin (R)
    2B Devon Travis (R)
    LF Teoscar Hernandez (R)
    CF Kevin Pillar (R)

BN Steve Pearce (R)
    BN Ezequiel Carrera (L)
    BN Alex Avila (L)
    BN Ryan Goins (L) or Dawrin Barney (R)

Zobrist could play 2B or SS when Tulo or Travis need a day. Or when one hits the DL, Zobrist takes over as the starting 2B or SS. Wouldn't have to see Goins or Barney play everyday. Then could move Pearce or Carrera to LF when Zobrist plays 2B or SS and slide over Teoscar to RF. I'd love to see the Jays bring in Alex Avila to share catching duties with Martin. Probably signs somewhere as a starter though.

I might not even tune in next year.

Blue Chip Prospect Rusty_Savage's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    Jays get the 11th pick looks like?
    12th

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/f...-what-to-know/

Unless that was sarcasm.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,265 Times in 853 Posts
    Detroit tanked like a motherfucker in the last third of the season to get that first overall pick.

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Need to find a way to get Profar this offseason. Almost a certainty heís gonna be traded because heís out of options and that infield is pretty crowded.

I say trade Dalton Pompey to the Rangers for Profar. Both former highly regarded prospects that have been injury ridden and havenít been able to put it together with their respective clubs. Pompey has more control and has another year of options, but we have a glut of OF as it is in Buffalo. We can afford to lose him. Rangers need OF depth and we need IF depth. Perfect trade.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,102 Times in 1,310 Posts

Thanks
    Thanked 2,583 Times in 1,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Otani confirmed!
    Deadpool is Right counter: 38

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Deadpool For This Useful Post:

glory (10-03-2017),jays4life19 (10-03-2017),Pinkfloid (10-03-2017),Spanky99 (10-03-2017),Terminator (10-03-2017),THANOS (10-03-2017),z3r0s (10-03-2017)

Thanks
    There is all sorts of shit from this presser that Atkins is saying. Bautista is likely gone, wants to add speed, Vlad Jr. not in the 2018 plans but won't count him out, Blad Jr. might get OF reps next year because Atkins thinks both Donaldson and Vlad can be on the team, etc.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

THANOS (10-03-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,265 Times in 853 Posts
    Aim. Lots of people aim for this every off-season and miss. I'm not holding my breath. We'll see how this plays out.

Thanks
    Hey everyone.

I made the mistake of watching the presser, which I must admit I become a fan of Atkins more and more when I hear him speak, but the comments by people on the SportsNet board were just awful - not a single positive note. All just a bunch of negative Nancys. From now on just going to avoid reading them.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CanuckofChicago For This Useful Post:

Deadpool (10-05-2017),KingKat (10-10-2017),Terminator (10-03-2017),THANOS (10-03-2017)

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckofChicago View Post
    Hey everyone.

I made the mistake of watching the presser, which I must admit I become a fan of Atkins more and more when I hear him speak, but the comments by people on the SportsNet board were just awful - not a single positive note. All just a bunch of negative Nancys. From now on just going to avoid reading them.
    Avoid Reddit, avoid comments to articles posted on new sites, avoid Twitter. Take what Atkins says, and try to figure out what players he may be interested in. Debate their merits with other level headed people. You'll be much happier, enjoy the process, and probably learn some stuff too

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Abomination For This Useful Post:

Deadpool (10-05-2017),Pinkfloid (10-03-2017),SirBJay (10-03-2017),THANOS (10-03-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckofChicago View Post
    Hey everyone.

Yeah the Sportsnet board is probably the worst. Reddit is also bad. Shatkins is largely responsible for the fantastic team in Cleveland so I trust them more than dopes on the internet.

Thanks
    Yeah the Sportsnet board is probably the worst. Reddit is also bad. Shatkins is largely responsible for the fantastic team in Cleveland so I trust them more than dopes on the internet.
    I have not tried Reddit. I have certain sites that I enjoy reading.

In regards to "Shatkins", I did not fully welcome them on-board, I waited until after a year into their tenure to see how they would operate and now I can say I like them. I personally do not see them doing a full Houston/Chicago rebuild considering how it would kill the goodwill created by the past couple of seasons and alienate the fan base, even if they are casuals (I know some of you despise casuals).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,509 Times in 915 Posts
    I heard Stanton is going to be out of Miami...... Might as well plop him into that 3rd spot in the order behind JD..... I am sure that wouldn't intimidate pitchers.