Preview
    8:15 PM ET
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Shohei Otani signs with Angels

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBJay View Post
    Which would very likely not his fault.

I still don't know, Gibby seems to have a great relationship wth the FO. Listens to their advice and usually applies it to games. I would like to think Gibby gets a larger rope than that.
    Of course it wouldn't be Gibby's fault. The Jays will either contend for the playoffs or be also-rans based on the talent on the team and their health. But since Shatkins is selling a contender to the fans (Atkins: yes, the Yankees have Stanton but Smoak is "phenomenal" and Tulo is "phenomenal" etc.) then Gibbons will be the easy scapegoat if the team is simply not good enough to win.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 890 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I found the Passan tweet and then scrolled down to see if there was more info in the comments. Twitter is such a fucking cesspool.
    My favourite was the guy who I thought was a Brett Anderson troll (I mean, who would make a fake profile of Brett Anderson right?) and then I saw the blue check mark and number of followers and realized it was the real Brett Anderson.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 890 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    Of course it wouldn't be Gibby's fault. The Jays will either contend for the playoffs or be also-rans based on the talent on the team and their health. But since Shatkins is selling a contender to the fans (Atkins: yes, the Yankees have Stanton but Smoak is "phenomenal" and Tulo is "phenomenal" etc.) then Gibbons will be the easy scapegoat if the team is simply not good enough to win.
    I personally prefer an exec that publicly shits all over his team's players. Bring back JPR pls. I wanna hear much, much more about how Tulo should have been drafted over Romero.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick_Pole For This Useful Post:

G-Snarls (12-13-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,288 Times in 1,553 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    I doubt that Gibbons will be the manager of the Blue Jays on opening day in 2019 ... unless they win a WC this season. If the Jays are well below .500 by the trade deadline again, then I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Gibby is fired this summer.
    Fired? WC? The team is shit what are you talking about. Lots of old players past it on big contracts + Donaldson, Sanchez and Stroman. If they build a team thatís competitive maybe

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcowxlive View Post
    Fired? WC? The team is shit what are you talking about. Lots of old players past it on big contracts + Donaldson, Sanchez and Stroman. If they build a team that’s competitive maybe
    that's my point ... the WC doesn't look promising ... but the FO is publicly saying that the Jays are contenders, so who is the fall guy if the season goes off the rails?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 Times in 1,142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcowxlive View Post
    Fired? WC? The team is shit what are you talking about. Lots of old players past it on big contracts + Donaldson, Sanchez and Stroman. If they build a team thatís competitive maybe
    CrackerJack agreed it won't be Gibby's fault. But if and when the team sucks. There's usually pressure to fire a manager, even if the manager does nothing wrong.

Even when the Jays lost in the ALCS people were blaming Gibby just because. These people suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Heck no. I'm not too impressed with Garcia. Has been overly wild imo and gotten them to chase some which has helped a lot.

Thanks
    Hope this isnít just wishful thinking: