DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,536 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Leo is hilarious...

you will keep petting me human....

Success!

****FREE SPANKY****

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to John_Havok For This Useful Post:

Boxcar (04-03-2018),JG34 (04-03-2018),Maahfaace (05-18-2018),Orgfiller (04-03-2018),SirBJay (04-03-2018),Spanky99 (04-06-2018),vdubmvp (04-03-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 5,444 Posts
    Fuck me I love it when they do that. My new kitty does that too. He also grabs your pants if you dare try to walk away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Can't wait to meet the new Matt Olson(s)!

DONOR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Well, shit, when I first started buying it, it definitely did not have the rice in it, I'm 100% sure. There have been no adverse effects but I'm kinda annoyed they just slipped it in there at some point. Sorry for misleading you, I should have double checked.

E: at any rate, I am pretty positive the food your vet wants you to buy has rice in it as well. Rice isn't quite so bad, it's wheat and wheat gluten you really want to avoid.
    Quick update on this. I did some further recon on the PC brand food and it turns out most of their wet canned cat food does not have brewers rice in it, but the salmon dinner variety does.

The oceanfish+tuna, tuna+chicken, beef, chicken and turkey giblets varieties do not have brewers rice.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Quick update on this. I did some further recon on the PC brand food and it turns out most of their wet canned cat food does not have brewers rice in it, but the salmon dinner variety does.

The oceanfish+tuna, tuna+chicken, beef, chicken and turkey giblets varieties do not have brewers rice.
    Fish isn't great for cats to eat regularly anyway, so no big loss.

How is your kitty doing, btw?

DONOR
    Thanks
    Fish isn't great for cats to eat regularly anyway, so no big loss.

How is your kitty doing, btw?
    Much better now thanks. Hopefully there will be no recurrence now that he's on wet food.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

7. The Following User Says Thank You to John_Havok For This Useful Post:

Boxcar (04-06-2018)

Thanks
    Prefacing by saying don't be a fucking pussy and just LOOK at them. "ermergerd they arent cute little kitties!!1 lyk, toally guhross!!" Fuck off and grow a pair

Well, my GF has finally agreed to allow me to buy my first spider. Need some opinions, as I'm not sure which species I want to start with. Since I'm a newb, I'm limited to something from the Americas and preferably slow and docile.

Brachypelma Emilia
    Love the look of this species, pretty docile and slow moving but also supposedly slow growing. Also not very expensive.

Brachypelma Boehmei
    I love the kind of gradient that goes up the legs. Beautiful species. Drawbacks are that they are a bit quick and skittish for this genus and a bit expensive. They also are apparently big time hair kickers.

Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens
    I absolutely love this species. They make huge web castles, are very hardy, are absolutely stunning and eat like machines, meaning they grow pretty quickly. Downsides are that they are skittish, fast, kind of expensive ($50 for a 1/4" spiderling) and have a shorter life span (Males live 4 years, females around 12)

Acanthoscurria Geniculata
    this is my GF's favourite. They are one of the best eating species (they rarely refuse food and will tackle things almost as big as they are) they are cheap since you'll often get 1000 spiderlings from one sac and they grow to 8"+. Downsides are that they are notorious for kicking hairs and since they think everything is food, they are quick to attack anything in their path.

All of these species tend to stay out in the open, which is another benefit. Any opinions one which I should go for first?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,827 Posts
    Get the blue one.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,690 Times in 3,156 Posts
    Yeah I'm with P2F. The Blue one looks pretty dope.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    Get the blue one.
    Yeah, I'm kinda leaning that way. I absolutely love the metallic blue legs and metallic green carapace, plus that bright orange abdomen. They come from a very dry part of Venezuela as well so husbandry is pretty straightforward.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,237 Posts
    I think you should start with a daddy long-legs and see how that goes. Maybe work your way up to a wolf spider.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    I think you should start with a daddy long-legs and see how that goes. Maybe work your way up to a wolf spider.
    Do you have any idea how fast wolf spiders are?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,574 Posts
    My coworker has 4. I'll ask her for advice. I know from her Snapchat that at least one will walk right past crickets even when it hasn't ate in several days. Just because he's lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    My coworker has 4. I'll ask her for advice. I know from her Snapchat that at least one will walk right past crickets even when it hasn't ate in several days. Just because he's lazy.
    The Chilean Rose Hair sometimes, for no reason, can refuse food for like 6 months and no one knows why.

Most people usually feed their Ts once a week as adults, maybe more often as slings (2-3 times per week) and you can even feed them once a month, but when feeding is part of the fun, who wants to do that?

My big quandary right now is that the next expo isn't until September and Tarantula Canada is based in Montreal. I guess I can wait but ugh, I want it now dammit. I'll probably go for the blue one and the white knee for sure.

DONOR
    Thanks
    Definitely wouldn't get the orange/black one... unless you were gonna name it Showalter.

THat blue one does look cool
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks
    Thanked 1,488 Times in 1,017 Posts
    The Blue one is cool.

Call it Vladdy Jr. Jr. OR Vladdy III

Thanks
    Prefacing by saying don't be a fucking pussy and just LOOK at them. "ermergerd they arent cute little kitties!!1 lyk, toally guhross!!" Fuck off and grow a pair

Well, my GF has finally agreed to allow me to buy my first spider. Need some opinions, as I'm not sure which species I want to start with. Since I'm a newb, I'm limited to something from the Americas and preferably slow and docile.

Brachypelma Emilia
    Love the look of this species, pretty docile and slow moving but also supposedly slow growing. Also not very expensive.

Brachypelma Boehmei
    I love the kind of gradient that goes up the legs. Beautiful species. Drawbacks are that they are a bit quick and skittish for this genus and a bit expensive. They also are apparently big time hair kickers.

Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens
    I absolutely love this species. They make huge web castles, are very hardy, are absolutely stunning and eat like machines, meaning they grow pretty quickly. Downsides are that they are skittish, fast, kind of expensive ($50 for a 1/4" spiderling) and have a shorter life span (Males live 4 years, females around 12)

Acanthoscurria Geniculata
    this is my GF's favourite. They are one of the best eating species (they rarely refuse food and will tackle things almost as big as they are) they are cheap since you'll often get 1000 spiderlings from one sac and they grow to 8"+. Downsides are that they are notorious for kicking hairs and since they think everything is food, they are quick to attack anything in their path.

All of these species tend to stay out in the open, which is another benefit. Any opinions one which I should go for first?
    What does kicking hairs mean? That blue/green/orange one is super dope.
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.