Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jose Bautista appreciation thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 903 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    He's really cut down on the umpire stuff this year. I don't think any of us liked that nonsense.
    Tough to argue with an ump when you've been as bad as he's been this year.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,262 Times in 850 Posts
    Then change it to the Bautista testicle fondling thread if we're only allowed to deep throat him here.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,741 Times in 5,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Then change it to the Bautista testicle fondling thread if we're only allowed to deep throat him here.
    Goof!
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.

Thanks
    For this thread...

I SAID GOOD DAY!
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.

Thanks
    Jose should announce he is retiring. Then the Jays can have a quick little ceremony before the last game. Maybe fill a few more seats.

At least we don't have to hear another 5 year, $150 Million demand again.

All Star
    Thanks
    Everything that happened to Jose after his 2016 spring training comments about his contract demands has been almost like every bit of karma coming back to bite him. Gets injured multiple times in a contract year, becomes a meme for life with one punch, has his worst season since his breakout, goes to free agency and has no takers, comes back to the Jays with his tail tucked between his legs and settles for essentially a one year deal, then proceeds to completely shit the bed to the point where he'll be lucky to get a big league contract for next year. Like, that's every worst case scenario for him wrapped up in 18 months.

Great player at his peak though.

Thanks
    I can't hear you Jim... TROLOLOLOLOL

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    Everything that happened to Jose after his 2016 spring training comments about his contract demands has been almost like every bit of karma coming back to bite him. Gets injured multiple times in a contract year, becomes a meme for life with one punch, has his worst season since his breakout, goes to free agency and has no takers, comes back to the Jays with his tail tucked between his legs and settles for essentially a one year deal, then proceeds to completely shit the bed to the point where he'll be lucky to get a big league contract for next year. Like, that's every worst case scenario for him wrapped up in 18 months.

Great player at his peak though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Did everyone see this Dave Cameron article from today?

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/is-th...jose-bautista/

It's a read worth reading (including the comments).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to P2F For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (09-19-2017)

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by L54 View Post
    How many WS did the Rays win under Friedman?
    Same number as Bautista.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekFatAss View Post
    Same number as Bautista.
    Whoooooooosh
    Of course he can, but it's safe to assume Biagini will match Stroman's numbers over the next three years easily.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekFatAss View Post
    Same number as Bautista.
    Bautista wins WS?

Thanks
    Jose made baseball fun to watch in those terrible softball jersey days and really put baseball back on the map in this country. I remember his 54 home run season, my friend had those Toronto Star pass tickets so we saw a lot of his home runs that season. I used to go down to spring training with my Dad and Jose used to always sign and meet fans before and after the games which was really nice.

Before the days of Jose and EE no one was going to games, now you look on TV and you see people with their whole family flying in for a holiday in the summer from all over the country just to watch a baseball game, that would have never happened before Jose came around, sure Halladay was a gem to watch and would bring in more fans on his starts but Jose was the one that changed Toronto from a hockey town back into somewhat of a baseball town.

I will never forget the Game 5 batflip moment, my buddy and I were at the game and once it left the bat the place exploded and the entire dome was shaking it was insane. We left that game and just partied on King street with other fans and the whole downtown was packed that night, it was amazing.

I will be at the last home game of the season to see Jose ride off into the sunset. Father time waits for no one and as much as it sucks that Jose is done as a Blue Jay, the future looks bright for this organization down the road so that will be fun to watch down the road as well.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,488 Times in 1,860 Posts
    As I've said before, the biggest thing I notice is that Bautista is hitting a LOT more balls to center and opposite field this year. From watching his approach, I think it's intentional, and I think it's the reason for his reduced bat speed. Now maybe he's doing it because of bat speed loss, and feels it's the only thing left he can do, who knows. It also seems like he's not picking up breaking balls very well lately, which is interesting as well.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I can actually see him being back next year (certainly not at his option price though). Trade Morales, get Bautista for ~5M, and let him DH and occasionally fill in at 1st, 3rd, OF. I really feel like he will bounce back some.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,076 Times in 1,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Nah, just a differing philosophy on asset mgmt. Prospect development and a focus on continuous asset renewal (moving aging assets for younger ones) is the way to win WS IMO. Kinda like the Rays have been running things (or were under Friedman).

And Spanky I know is still butthurt for giving me a 1st rounder for Bautista.
    dude why are you so proud of a crappy fantasy team.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to burlingtonbandit For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (09-19-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,506 Posts
    God I hope he retires here, whether it's this year or whenever. I wasn't really watching the Jays when Delgado was here, so he was really the best hitter I have ever seen in a Jays uniform (and according to Fangraphs the best position player ever). I wasn't sure how, after the Doc left, how long it would take for us to get a franchise player, someone so recognized in Baseball and representing the team and the city on the grand stage. In those dark years Pre-2014 he (and Edwin) was the glimmer of positivity we had. Constantly up in the chart for homers, breaking All-Star records, and his love for the city was public knowledge. Bautista will always be a legend for me, and while I think he won't make it into the HoF, I hope he gets put up there in the Level of Excellence sooner rather than later.

Thanks for everything Jose! Your 7th inning homer in the ALCS will forever be the single greatest sporting moment I have ever witnessed as a fan

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fatcowxlive For This Useful Post:

Omar (09-20-2017),Spanky99 (09-20-2017),Terminator (09-20-2017)