• CIN
    PIT
    Preview
    12:35 PM ET
  • TOR
    LAA
    Preview
    12:37 PM ET
  • CWS
    BAL
    Preview
    2:10 PM ET
  • OAK
    SEA
    Preview
    3:35 PM ET
  • CLE
    HOU
    Preview
    6:10 PM ET
  • TB
    BOS
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • TEX
    KC
    Preview
    8:05 PM ET
  • MIL
    NYM
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast
Results 929 to 944 of 956

Thread: Offseason Roster Thread 2017-18

  1. #929
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    44,716
    Thanks
    45,847
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,771 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saskjayfan View Post
    The Royals were the only team that popped into my mind as a team that might take him on if they don't get hosmer. Even if we had to chip in 5 mil this year I would do it.
    There's still a lot of guys eligible for the Royals to take via FA... they'd have to miss on pretty much all of them for this to come to fruition, but I'd assume there's a slight chance. It'd be nice to free ourselves of that contract, or I hope Kendrys bounces back, for all our sake.

    Chris Carter (31)
    Lucas Duda (32)
    Adrian Gonzalez (36)
    Eric Hosmer (28)
    John Jaso (34)
    Adam Lind (34)
    Tyler Moore (31)
    Logan Morrison (30)
    Mike Napoli (36)
    Efren Navarro (32)
    Mark Reynolds (34)
    Danny Valencia (33)

  2. #930
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,769
    Thanks
    3,886
    Thanked 4,673 Times in 3,142 Posts
    Speaking of the Royals they just might have the worst farm in baseball. That Org is in such a mess, going to be one long ass rebuild.

  3. #931
    All Star Krylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5,583
    Thanks
    690
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    Speaking of the Royals they just might have the worst farm in baseball. That Org is in such a mess, going to be one long ass rebuild.
    Good. Fuck the Royals.

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krylian For This Useful Post:

    Brownie19 (01-07-2018),Deadpool (01-07-2018),Gen.Disarray (01-07-2018),glory (01-07-2018),Spanky99 (01-07-2018)

  5. #932
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    851
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 350 Times in 198 Posts
    Would you rather sign J.D. Martinez to a 6-7 year contract, or try to extend Donaldson this offseason with the remaining funds we have?

  6. #933
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    44,716
    Thanks
    45,847
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,771 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Would you rather sign J.D. Martinez to a 6-7 year contract, or try to extend Donaldson this offseason with the remaining funds we have?
    Sign Josh, is the obvious answer here. The remaining funds doesn't affect an extension this year.

    Edit: Birds can still sign players, is what I'm saying.
    Last edited by Spanky99; 01-07-2018 at 05:37 PM.

  7. #934
    Mod | DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,835
    Thanks
    3,984
    Thanked 13,826 Times in 8,196 Posts
    Carrera (1.9) and Loup (1.8125) avoided arb.
    jays4life19 ban counter: 3

  8. #935
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    8,112
    Thanks
    146
    Thanked 2,519 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Carrera (1.9) and Loup (1.8125) avoided arb.
    Donaldson 23 million confirmed, avoided arb
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  9. #936
    Mod | DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,835
    Thanks
    3,984
    Thanked 13,826 Times in 8,196 Posts
    Sanchez signs for 2.7M. Between him (0.8), Donaldson (2.3), and Loup (0.0125) the team has spent about 3.1M more than MLBTR projected on their arb guys so far.
    jays4life19 ban counter: 3

  10. #937
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    909
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 62 Times in 45 Posts

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to AledmysDiaz For This Useful Post:

    BTS (01-12-2018)

  12. #938
    Mod | DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,835
    Thanks
    3,984
    Thanked 13,826 Times in 8,196 Posts
    So Leone, Stroman, Pillar, and Osuna left. Stroman is probably the last chance at a long term extension this offseason.
    jays4life19 ban counter: 3

  13. #939
    MVP LetTheBallFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,376
    Thanks
    6,964
    Thanked 771 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Would you rather sign J.D. Martinez to a 6-7 year contract, or try to extend Donaldson this offseason with the remaining funds we have?
    Extend Donaldson. Move Vlad to 1st and Bo to 2nd. Bring them up in Sept. Roll with

    C- Martin
    1B- Vlad
    2B- Bo
    3B- Donaldson
    SS- Gurriel (trade Tulo at the deadline)
    LF- FA signing
    CF- Alford (Trade Pillar at the Deadline)
    RF- Teoscar/Trade/FA
    DH- Pearce (Trade Morales asap for anything)

    Bench-

    Solarte, Diaz, Jensen, Carrera
    See the ball and let it fly, Watch the ball soaring through the sky, Higher like a comet in the night air, Defying gravity is rare, Let the ball fly, Its homerun time!!!!!

  14. #940
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    6,266
    Thanks
    2,042
    Thanked 1,751 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Extend Donaldson. Move Vlad to 1st and Bo to 2nd. Bring them up in Sept. Roll with

    C- Martin
    1B- Vlad
    2B- Bo
    3B- Donaldson
    SS- Gurriel (trade Tulo at the deadline)
    LF- FA signing
    CF- Alford (Trade Pillar at the Deadline)
    RF- Teoscar/Trade/FA
    DH- Pearce (Trade Morales asap for anything)

    Bench-

    Solarte, Diaz, Jensen, Carrera
    Good call on releasing Smoak.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brownie19 For This Useful Post:

    LetTheBallFly (01-14-2018),Spanky99 (01-12-2018)

  16. #941
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    13,246
    Thanks
    848
    Thanked 3,110 Times in 2,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    So Leone, Stroman, Pillar, and Osuna left. Stroman is probably the last chance at a long term extension this offseason.
    Leone 1.085 (1.2 proj) and Pillar 3.25 (4.0 proj)

  17. #942
    Just Drafted Todd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 13 Times in 5 Posts
    Well it's been a long winter for the jays. For the second straight year they have
    done nothing to improve, But maybe make it worst. Heard a lot of B.S. from the
    jays management team that we are interested in this guy or this guy but nothing
    ever happens.Teams like Houston, New York, Seattle, Giants, Minnesota, Texas, Oakland,
    etc are all going to kick ass this year. And the jays do nothing. As of right now have no outfield, no 5 starter,
    need bullpen help, and a legit back up catcher. And a big bat. Josh Can not do it bye himself. Justin Smoak is a one hit wonder.
    Tulo/Travis are always hurt. Remind you of anybody else......................lol
    And have no team speed. Remember the good old days when the jays had speed to burn. White, Alomar, Henderson(half the season)
    Molitor, and still had lots of power.

  18. #943
    Just Drafted Todd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 13 Times in 5 Posts
    Why are you trading away two guys that are always hurts to bring up a guy that is also
    always hurt. And nobody wants these two players TULO/TRAVIS.
    People have to get over this guy. Why take up a roster spot for a nobody just like Pompey.

  19. #944
    All Star Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    4,702
    Thanks
    1,632
    Thanked 1,808 Times in 1,039 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Well it's been a long winter for the jays. For the second straight year they have
    done nothing to improve, But maybe make it worst. Heard a lot of B.S. from the
    jays management team that we are interested in this guy or this guy but nothing
    ever happens.Teams like Houston, New York, Seattle, Giants, Minnesota, Texas, Oakland,
    etc are all going to kick ass this year. And the jays do nothing. As of right now have no outfield, no 5 starter,
    need bullpen help, and a legit back up catcher. And a big bat. Josh Can not do it bye himself. Justin Smoak is a one hit wonder.
    Tulo/Travis are always hurt. Remind you of anybody else......................lol
    And have no team speed. Remember the good old days when the jays had speed to burn. White, Alomar, Henderson(half the season)
    Molitor, and still had lots of power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Why are you trading away two guys that are always hurts to bring up a guy that is also
    always hurt. And nobody wants these two players TULO/TRAVIS.
    People have to get over this guy. Why take up a roster spot for a nobody just like Pompey.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pendleton For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (01-14-2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •