• PIT
    DET
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • PIT
    DET
    Preview
    3:33 AM ET
  • HOU
    LAA
    Preview
    2:10 PM ET
  • CWS
    SEA
    Preview
    2:10 PM ET
  • COL
    SD
    Preview
    3:10 PM ET
  • SF
    WSH
    Preview
    3:45 PM ET
  • NYY
    MIN
    Preview
    6:35 PM ET
  • CIN
    ATL
    Preview
    6:40 PM ET
  • PHI
    ARI
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • BAL
    TB
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    BOS
    Preview
    7:07 PM ET
  • CLE
    CHC
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • LAD
    MIA
    Preview
    7:35 PM ET
  • TEX
    OAK
    Preview
    8:05 PM ET
  • KC
    MIL
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
  • STL
    NYM
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 785 to 800 of 956

Thread: Offseason Roster Thread 2017-18

  1. #785
    MVP Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,985
    Thanks
    2,456
    Thanked 2,569 Times in 1,591 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBJay View Post
    Jays really should focus on extending Donaldson at this point. Trading him this point onward will likely be a poor short and long term decision.
    I'm leaning this way unless someone backs the truck up for him. The vibe I'm getting is that isn't happening though.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (12-13-2017)

  3. #786
    DONOR Angrioter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    D_R
    Posts
    24,708
    Thanks
    1,787
    Thanked 5,535 Times in 3,308 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBJay View Post
    Jays really should focus on extending Donaldson at this point. Trading him this point onward will likely be a poor short and long term decision.
    Donaldson is a shit actor and an old player. Trade him Shapiro

  4. #787
    Hall of Famer Jonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Courtice, Ontario
    Posts
    15,231
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,064 Times in 1,435 Posts
    Hard to imagine us giving Donaldson a 5 or 6 year deal at 20+ million at age 33. That would be outrageous. But unless they are going out to get talent to compete now they need to trade him immediately. I would love to compete next year but litterally everything woulf have to click right with the current roster.

  5. #788
    All Star jays_fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,034
    Thanks
    291
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 960 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    Hard to imagine us giving Donaldson a 5 or 6 year deal at 20+ million at age 33. That would be outrageous. But unless they are going out to get talent to compete now they need to trade him immediately. I would love to compete next year but litterally everything woulf have to click right with the current roster.
    He can easily put up four 5 War seasons in a row and almost pay for the contract right there.
    #FireCasey

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to jays_fever For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (12-13-2017)

  7. #789
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    43,350
    Thanks
    44,760
    Thanked 8,601 Times in 6,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysguy44 View Post
    Who do you prefer from the two?
    Uhmm...

    Quote Originally Posted by THANOS View Post
    Seems fair for Yelich, but I wouldn't do it, nor do I think our FO would.
    Uhmm... *facepalm*

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Spanky says Jays aren't moving JD. Just meeting with Cards for fun.
    Did you even read the tweet, meathead? Of course teams will be asking on JD, and you always listen. *smh*

  8. #790
    Hall of Famer Jonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Courtice, Ontario
    Posts
    15,231
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,064 Times in 1,435 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    He can easily put up four 5 War seasons in a row and almost pay for the contract right there.
    Could that happen yes. I don't know you can say he will easily put up 5+ WAR through age 33-36 with already having issues with both calves. Unless you're adding a 4 or 5 win player via trade and addressing other key needs whether its through trade or free agency they need to get out now.

  9. #791
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    6,123
    Thanks
    1,990
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,108 Posts
    FWIW, Blair said tonight on Bobcat's show that:

    1. The Jays are heavily in on CC. He expects CC to sign with the Yanks or the Jays. CC and Shapiro are close and the Jays believe they need someone to mentor Stroman to tone down the douche.

    2. He gets the impression the Jays are open to trading Bo Bichette and that some in the organization question how his power will translate. He said the Jays would have to give up Bo + for Yelich.

    3. He gets the impression the Jays aren't shopping JD. He'll be a Blue Jay this year - only flipped at the deadline if we aren't in the race.

    I hate Jeff Blair, but there you go. #1 + #3 seems realistic, #2, not so much.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie19 For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (12-13-2017)

  11. #792
    All Star SirBJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Maple
    Posts
    4,033
    Thanks
    3,081
    Thanked 1,949 Times in 1,142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    I'm leaning this way unless someone backs the truck up for him. The vibe I'm getting is that isn't happening though.
    Exactly this reason. The market for hitters with limited control just aren't going for enough value to balance out pissing off the fanbase and probably won't be making the team much better in the long run.
    Last edited by SirBJay; 12-14-2017 at 12:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Heck no. I'm not too impressed with Garcia. Has been overly wild imo and gotten them to chase some which has helped a lot.

  12. #793
    MVP LetTheBallFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,251
    Thanks
    6,903
    Thanked 761 Times in 643 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekFatAss View Post
    Anyone in the Rule 5 tomorrow that you guys are interested in?
    Burdi is in it right
    See the ball and let it fly, Watch the ball soaring through the sky, Higher like a comet in the night air, Defying gravity is rare, Let the ball fly, Its homerun time!!!!!

  13. #794
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,170
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 473 Times in 328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    FWIW, Blair said tonight on Bobcat's show that:

    1. The Jays are heavily in on CC. He expects CC to sign with the Yanks or the Jays. CC and Shapiro are close and the Jays believe they need someone to mentor Stroman to tone down the douche.

    2. He gets the impression the Jays are open to trading Bo Bichette and that some in the organization question how his power will translate. He said the Jays would have to give up Bo + for Yelich.

    I hate Jeff Blair, but there you go. #1 seems realistic, #2, not so much.
    You wouldn't even be tempted to trade Bo for a proven guy like Yelich? Yelich has 5 years of control left. You're only losing 1 year of control for a proven guy. Bo has played very well, but he hasn't even hit AA yet and his numbers did drop when he hit Dunedin, although he only had 182 plate appearances. I guess it would depend on what else I would have to give up, but I think I'd trade Bo for Yelich.

  14. #795
    All Star Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    4,448
    Thanks
    1,546
    Thanked 1,682 Times in 971 Posts
    Irrelevant stat of the day - Of all Rule V eligible prospects, no one ranks higher than Pentecost on his own team's MLB.com top 30 (#8).

    Here's the full list: https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.mlb....eview.amp.html

  15. #796
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    13,022
    Thanks
    823
    Thanked 3,055 Times in 2,266 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendleton View Post
    Irrelevant stat of the day - Of all Rule V eligible prospects, no one ranks higher than Pentecost on his own team's MLB.com top 30 (#8).

    Here's the full list: https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.mlb....eview.amp.html
    Kohl Stewart could be an interesting selection for the pen.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Abomination For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (12-13-2017)

  17. #797
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    43,350
    Thanks
    44,760
    Thanked 8,601 Times in 6,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekFatAss View Post
    Anyone in the Rule 5 tomorrow that you guys are interested in?
    Demeritte and Burdi.

  18. #798
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    43,350
    Thanks
    44,760
    Thanked 8,601 Times in 6,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Burdi is in it right
    Yes, I'd love to get him. Put him on the 60 day DL in March.

  19. #799
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16,876
    Thanks
    719
    Thanked 2,141 Times in 1,536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    Could that happen yes. I don't know you can say he will easily put up 5+ WAR through age 33-36 with already having issues with both calves. Unless you're adding a 4 or 5 win player via trade and addressing other key needs whether its through trade or free agency they need to get out now.
    Because he's a truly elite player. Everyone would sign him for 5/125 but he's going to get more than that.

  20. #800
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,260
    Thanks
    3,769
    Thanked 4,550 Times in 3,045 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Kohl Stewart could be an interesting selection for the pen.
    Kohl Stewart, RHP, Twins
    Stewart's stuff is too often described as vanilla, but he did get back up to 94-96 mph this year at times. Unfortunately for him, his delivery is too inconsistent. His below-average control has not allowed him to get into situations to succeed, so a team taking him would be betting on a young athlete, with the hope they could develop him down the road.

    _____

    would probably be a pass for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •