Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Offseason Roster Thread 2017-18

Thanks
    Thanked 5,940 Times in 3,790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post

You can even pitch to the fanbase that you're not giving up on the season with that trade as all 3 pieces would help the MLB club.
    You could but they're not going to buy it so it really shouldn't factor in the decision. You just have to accept that you're going to take a huge p.r. hit no matter what you get back. This is where Rogers ownership can be frustrating. You have to convince them to take away from the quality of the television product and probably take a ratings hit to make the team better down the road.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,940 Times in 3,790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    I know we have infield depth now with Ngoepe and Diaz, but I'd still love to trade for Jonathan Villar. 1 season removed from a .826 OPS season. Switch hitter. At the very least if he won't hit, he can still steal bases.
    Since Ngoepe has options, there's still room for another infielder on the 25 and really there SHOULD be another infielder on the 25. I'm surprised when people talk like that need has been fully addressed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KingKat For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (Today)

Prospect
    Thanks
    Reyes, Gyokro, and Grichuk would make a ton of sense for both teams.

You can even pitch to the fanbase that you're not giving up on the season with that trade as all 3 pieces would help the MLB club.
    I mentioned discussing Osuna, in addition to Donaldson, in another thread in trade talks with the Cards. I dont even think offering him up is necessarily throwing in the towel on the season. If we signed a guy like Cain for the OF and picked up Gyorko, our production wouldnt be any worse than what we got from Donaldson and our outfield garbage last year. Plus wed have Reyes by June for the rotation and some legit depth in AAA if we send Osuna in a deal, as well.

Id hate losing one or both of those guys, but the Cards have lots of interesting players in the upper minors that could help us now and in the long term.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    I think fans would be a lot more accepting of a rebuild after they saw it work for the Leafs. Even if we suck, as long as we have some prospects and it's a nice day out, I'm sure the attendance drop won't be that drastic.

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,039 Times in 689 Posts
    Reyes, Gyokro, and Grichuk would make a ton of sense for both teams.

Yep that would be the type of deal you can sell to the fans short and long term.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,933 Times in 6,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Im increasingly of the opinion that JD should either be traded or extended this offseason. This team isnt in the same tier as Houston, Cleveland, New York, or probably Boston when the dust settles. Getting some pieces that align with Vlad and Bos arrival makes the most sense.
    Yeah, one or the other, what do you think the Dodgers would want for McCarthy, read they were interested in moving him, that was before Ohtani decided on the Angels though?
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.