Thread: Design your feature...

Thanks

Design your feature...

So just sitting here watching ALDS and thinking how much I miss Tall’s Hill and the flagpole. Recently Shapiro commented about his desire for irregular field dimensions (I’m paraphrasing).
    So... what would you design?

Inspiration...
    Outfield rocks in Anaheim
    Trees in Denver
    Green Monster
    Monument Stadium at Yankee Stadium

I would shorten the wall in right to accomodate a feature (maybe a new level of excellence area that features Carter and Bautista homer statues and something for Roy and Delgado) and have the flight deck extended a bit over the field. Bring the fans into the game.

Dream big. What signifies Toronto Baseball or Skydome and can be built into a unique feature.

Welcome to the offseason... sigh.

Go ‘Stros

Thanks
    Thanked 2,079 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Not really sure what you could do monument wise but I'd like to see the walls lowered across all of the OF and the dimensions change. Maybe have a shorter distance to LF which won't be a bad thing when Vlad and Bo come up.

Thanks
    - Grass, but I think that's still just a pipe dream

- Green seats

- Remove the hotel

- I'd probably get rid of the electronic walls. I always find it a bit of a distraction

- Lower the lights in the stands

Thanks
    Thanked 4,483 Times in 2,856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post

- Green seats

- Remove the hotel

- I'd probably get rid of the electronic walls. I always find it a bit of a distraction

Why the green seats? I don't think that would fit in at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orgfiller For This Useful Post:

burlingtonbandit (10-05-2017),Spanky99 (10-05-2017)

Thanks
    New stadium on the water.

And if that don't fly, how about a swim up pool bar in center field? that way the jays could sell even more tickets to people who never pay attention to the game. That diseased filled Cabana pool bar might go under doe.
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Thanks
    Add wood paneling to concrete

Change roof to let in my natural light with windows of some sort in a section

Somehow add a massive window in CF

Thanks
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 997 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post

- Green seats

- Remove the hotel

Green seats for sure. I remember seeing a picture posted on here a few years ago that showed what the RC would look like with them, and they looked great. I love the green seats in Baltimore.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Of course he can, but it's safe to assume Biagini will match Stroman's numbers over the next three years easily.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    Why the green seats? I don't think that would fit in at all.
    I think it would give it more of a baseball park feel. Someone here once did a photoshop that didn't look too bad.

Thanks
    I don't think the hotel is moving. Marriott just bought it and did some renovations on the entrance way.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maahfaace View Post
    New stadium on the water.

And if that don't fly, how about a swim up pool bar in center field? that way the jays could sell even more tickets to people who never pay attention to the game. That diseased filled Cabana pool bar might go under doe.
    A new stadium literally out on the water would be interesting (although probably not realistic with Billy Bishop flight paths). They could make something truly unique and beautiful if they did.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    A new stadium literally out on the water would be interesting (although probably not realistic with Billy Bishop flight paths). They could make something truly unique and beautiful if they did.
    I don't think its feasible even without the planes. The traffic would be insane trying to move that many people across a bridge plus you wouldn't have any underground parking for players and employees. The Molson Amp takes like 30 min to get out of the venue after a concert, could only imagine what 40K would at a baseball game.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    I don't think its feasible even without the planes. The traffic would be insane trying to move that many people across a bridge plus you wouldn't have any underground parking for players and employees. The Molson Amp takes like 30 min to get out of the venue after a concert, could only imagine what 40K would at a baseball game.
    A subway extension, and/or underground moving walkways (more realistic economically) could easily handle it. There's no need for the parking to be attached to the stadium in a traditional sense, or necessarily for bridges.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,562 Times in 4,779 Posts
    Hard to think of a real "feature" that they could add, given the bones of the stadium.

As far as general park changes go, I agree with lowering the outfield walls, they need to be short enough to allow more home run robberies. Probably move them back a bit so the HR rate doesn't really change. Don't want it to be too much of a band box.

But the problem with the walls being lowered is the turf/concrete - there would be soooo many annoying ground-rule doubles.

I think they should remove like 8,000 seats and revamp all of the seating. This is the most important thing. Make the things a bit wider and for fucks sake point all of them at the infield. Maybe some cupholders too

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NJH For This Useful Post:

burlingtonbandit (10-05-2017),P2F (10-05-2017),Pinkfloid (10-05-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    A subway extension, and/or underground moving walkways (more realistic economically) could easily handle it. There's no need for the parking to be attached to the stadium in a traditional sense, or necessarily for bridges.
    Players aren't going to want to walk to the stadium in an underground walkway. You need for a road to be close for people to be dropped off close to the stadium.

I think we both know a stadium on the water isn't going to happen. One by the water would be cool and probably the place they are going to have to put one as there isn't much room elsewhere.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,584 Times in 1,643 Posts
    Sign me up for team "I fucking hate irregular stadium dimensions. They should be standardized across all of the MLB ffs".
    Deadpool is Right counter: 38

Thanks
    Thanked 1,509 Times in 915 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L54 View Post
    Green seats for sure. I remember seeing a picture posted on here a few years ago that showed what the RC would look like with them, and they looked great. I love the green seats in Baltimore.
    Thats because there is generally nobody in them in Baltimore

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sammy225 For This Useful Post:

SirBJay (10-06-2017)