Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogers looking into selling blue jays.....

Thanks
    Thanked 12,594 Times in 7,534 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BallsDeep View Post
    I'd love a Mark Cuban type owner.
    Everyone would. But it's just as likely we'd get a Eugene Melnyk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    The ideal owner would be a rich die-hard fan. Someone like a Tom Ricketts who puts up however enough money needed to win and even is willing to risk losing a bit some times to do so. And hires the right people and leaves it to them to get the job done. Although those are few and far between.

The Jays are an attractive commodity. I'm sure there's gonna be tons of interest in them. However, you have to wonder if the Marlins sold for $1.2 billion when they're losing money how much the Jays are gonna go for?

Prospect
    Thanks
    Cuban would be my first choice. He attempted to buy a team (Pirates?) a few years back. Loves spending money.
    Otherwise, get Terrance Pegula on the phone. He already owns the Bills/Sabres. Complete the trifecta.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,970 Times in 3,389 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcowxlive View Post
    MLB has a say in fair market value for TV Deals Iím pretty sure. They probably wonít get a cut price unless they sell the team for cheap. Thatís why I think the MLSE will probably be the way to go, Rogers are going to have to probably pay an astronomical price for the Jays given their success in TV ratings and Nation-wide reach
    It's a two channel competition and TSN doesn't want to get into a war with Rogers, no matter who the owner is it will be a better than expected deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BallsDeep View Post
    I'd love a Mark Cuban type owner.

I'd like to see Cuban run against Trump.

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy225 View Post
    you guys think Jeter wants another team..... I mean he is doing such a bang up job with his other one.
    He owns 4 % of the team, it's not like he's a real decision maker over there. He's just the pretty recognizable face with a baseball name they can use to market the team.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,592 Times in 1,929 Posts
    Rogers needs to leverage what they have with the Jays better. Give people an experience no one else is digitally, rather than just broadcast. Have a VR feed, add user-selectable camera angles, add some cameras to the batting cage and let people watch BP, spike Atkin's drink and have him drunk call other GMs, that sort of thing. Heck, have some kind of in-game competition with the fans and broadcast it after the game as a reality show. I feel like they're doing a terrible job of utilizing the assets they have in general.

On the other side of things, they could host things like a programming competition to have people create new Blue Jays inspired apps. Machine learning competitions could probably help them reduce stadium costs and improve the fan experience, all at ultra low cost. The same things would apply to the NHL for them too.

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Jim Balsillie? The NHL won't let him in but this would be a shot at owning a professional sports team. Not sure he would have the capital to purchase the team on his own though.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamLindsMom For This Useful Post:

Deadpool (12-06-2017)

DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,920 Times in 2,661 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    He owns 4 % of the team, it's not like he's a real decision maker over there. He's just the pretty recognizable face with a baseball name they can use to market the team.
    Exactly

Same as Magic Johnson

(and Wayne Gretzky in my proposal)

DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,920 Times in 2,661 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamLindsMom View Post
    Jim Balsillie? The NHL won't let him in but this would be a shot at owning a professional sports team. Not sure he would have the capital to purchase the team on his own though.
    Yeah I looked it up, he's not even a billionaire any more

Thanks
    Thanked 5,970 Times in 3,389 Posts
    Sell it to Caesers and give them the the Ontario Place lands in the deal. Although Mark Scheinberg is also a great choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,462 Times in 958 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Michael Jordan owns 0.5% too - I never knew that.

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    too bad John Candy isn't around to be part of an ownership group.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,321 Times in 808 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Rogers needs to leverage what they have with the Jays better. Give people an experience no one else is digitally, rather than just broadcast. Have a VR feed, add user-selectable camera angles, add some cameras to the batting cage and let people watch BP, spike Atkin's drink and have him drunk call other GMs, that sort of thing. Heck, have some kind of in-game competition with the fans and broadcast it after the game as a reality show. I feel like they're doing a terrible job of utilizing the assets they have in general.

On the other side of things, they could host things like a programming competition to have people create new Blue Jays inspired apps. Machine learning competitions could probably help them reduce stadium costs and improve the fan experience, all at ultra low cost. The same things would apply to the NHL for them too.
    Usually your posts are pretty spot on, but I think somebody spiked your drink before you wrote this one. The VR feed/camera angle options sound intriguing, though I assume that MLB would implement than en masse as soon as the appropriate infrastructure is in place to make it happen. The rest of the stuff would be too much for me (I know some of it is sarcastic) and this is coming from a guy closing in on 4,000 posts on a Blue Jays forum. We just had a lengthy discussion in another thread about how much of an irritating douche Stroman is. I'd rather go along in happy ignorance that the rest of the team and MLB players in general aren't all exactly like that, just a little more reserved.

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    We need the Thomson family.
    Forbes estimates the Thomson family to be worth 27 billion. We would still have baseballís richest owners, but they might spend more

17. The Following User Says Thank You to saskjayfan For This Useful Post:

Krylian (12-06-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,174 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post

Rogers is old dinosaur media. The Jays would need to be owned by Google or something for all that to happen.