Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogers looking into selling blue jays.....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 868 Posts
    Who owns the Dodgers? I want some of that.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,242 Times in 1,517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Rogers is old dinosaur media. The Jays would need to be owned by Google or something for all that to happen.
    Not necessarily, didn’t we have hockey VR earlier in the year? With technology I feel MLB is light years ahead because it’s league with (I think) the most control over their broadcasts. Like Statcast and 60fps video streaming, if VR happens it would be the league who likely do it first and make it exclusive to their MLB.tv service. I have yet to use any sports-dedicated service that can hold a torch to MLB.tv

With that being said, IMO VR is a very niche thing right now and I think it will only be profitable on a large scale like a VR public place rather than for home entertainment. Like 3D except the timeline is backwards going from home entertainment to dedicated spots
    Quote Originally Posted by havok24 View Post
    1. Integrate the following function "Insert function"
    fatcow's answer: Beltran to 3B.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,462 Times in 958 Posts
    I tried VR once - I was not impressed at all. I mean - I wanted to touch her tits, but I couldn't.
    Last edited by Brownie19; 12-07-2017 at 09:55 AM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Brownie19 For This Useful Post:

Boxcar (12-06-2017),BTS (12-06-2017),Jimcanuck (12-06-2017),SirBJay (12-07-2017),Spanky99 (12-06-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,613 Times in 1,657 Posts
    Just sell the team to Geddy Lee. I actually wouldn't even mind if he meddled in baseball operations, that motherfucker knows his ball!
    Deadpool is Right counter: 39
    Follow Blamethrower on Spotify

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadpool For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (12-06-2017)

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,592 Times in 1,929 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Rogers is old dinosaur media. The Jays would need to be owned by Google or something for all that to happen.
    That's actually not a half bad idea lol. They could use it as a demonstration bed for all kinds of new technology and ideas. Someone spread a rumor that Apple's gonna buy them, and Google will do it by this time tomorrow. They could even convert the hotel into a data center.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Abomination For This Useful Post:

Terminator (12-06-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,933 Times in 6,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Just sell the team to Geddy Lee. I actually wouldn't even mind if he meddled in baseball operations, that motherfucker knows his ball!
    Stroman doesn't like him, though!
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,843 Times in 1,287 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Stroman doesn't like him, though!
    Stroman doesn't like anybody that doesn't kiss his ass.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    That's actually not a half bad idea lol. They could use it as a demonstration bed for all kinds of new technology and ideas. Someone spread a rumor that Apple's gonna buy them, and Google will do it by this time tomorrow. They could even convert the hotel into a data center.
    This is a real strong possibility, just not right now! Amazon is already gearing to make a bid for some English Soccer broadcasting rights for their Prime TV service, in the next 5 years we could see Google and Amazon purchase rights away from TV companies, they are have more money than Comcast

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    Stroman doesn't like anybody that doesn't kiss his ass.
    It was a joke ol' boy, I'm sure Geddy's a Stroman fan. #betweenthelines
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.

Thanks
    Shi Davidi and Stephen Brunt killed it on Tim and Sid, basically "be careful what you wish for, Rogers are one of the best ownerships in MLB for the past decade" Amen. Who doesn't want a little more to spend, but we could be far worst. Labatt's stepped up in the late 80's early 90's as have this ownership. Anything could've happened when we made the post-season, in '15/16.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Spanky99 For This Useful Post:

Deadpool (12-07-2017)

Just Drafted
    Thanks
    Shi Davidi and Stephen Brunt killed it on Tim and Sid, basically "be careful what you wish for, Rogers are one of the best ownerships in MLB for the past decade" Amen. Who doesn't want a little more to spend, but we could be far worst. Labatt's stepped up in the late 80's early 90's as have this ownership. Anything could've happened when we made the post-season, in '15/16.

2 playoff appearances in 17 years. "One of the best ownerships in MLB for the past decade" is a stretch

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,039 Times in 689 Posts
    Yeah, I have a bad feeling about this, but I hope I'm wrong. As long as the new ownership group keeps Shapiro and lets him do his thing, I'll be fine. Don't really care what the payroll is. The Jays need to focus on getting younger and cheaper anyway, so cutting payroll and forcing them to be more careful with how they spend is probably a good thing until they are ready to be players in free agency.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavcarter View Post
    2 playoff appearances in 17 years. "One of the best ownerships in MLB for the past decade" is a stretch
    Financially, payroll man, and what don't you get about a decade?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    Yeah, I have a bad feeling about this, but I hope I'm wrong. As long as the new ownership group keeps Shapiro and lets him do his thing, I'll be fine. Don't really care what the payroll is. The Jays need to focus on getting younger and cheaper anyway, so cutting payroll and forcing them to be more careful with how they spend is probably a good thing until they are ready to be players in free agency.
    There is no new ownership, they've just floated the idea just yesterday. Both Davidi and Brunt think they have 5 years rope easy, and won't panic regardless of our '18 result, many factors of course, not to mention the offseason is just getting started. Shapiro will be around a lot longer than Atkins and the latter's just getting his feet wet in the org. AA left a lot to behold, as you know.

Thanks
    Eh, I'm not too sure about that statement. I mean sure, it's not like they weren't making money off the team. They had the TV rights and the naming rights of the stadium, didn't Rogers buy the Jays for like less than $200 million? That's not even one year's payroll.

And while, sure, we've had our share of incompetent GMs who, when given the budget blew it all away - the blame is shared by everyone (Rogers included) for only having 2 playoff appearances in 17 years. For a market this big, no excuses for this. Beeston is great, what he's done for this org way back when was invaluable, but it's no secret that he was beyond his time in the past decade. Rogers kept here for far too long, with a market this big we should have had 2015 occur much earlier.

With that being said, they've turned it around since 2012 putting more faith in AA, believing in the team in 2015 to approve Tulo and Price payroll hits, and hiring Shapiro - and I think 90% chance the next owners are a step down.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcowxlive View Post
    Eh, I'm not too sure about that statement. I mean sure, it's not like they weren't making money off the team. They had the TV rights and the naming rights of the stadium, didn't Rogers buy the Jays for like less than $200 million? That's not even one year's payroll.

And while, sure, we've had our share of incompetent GMs who, when given the budget blew it all away - the blame is shared by everyone (Rogers included) for only having 2 playoff appearances in 17 years. For a market this big, no excuses for this. Beeston is great, what he's done for this org way back when was invaluable, but it's no secret that he was beyond his time in the past decade. Rogers kept here for far too long, with a market this big we should have had 2015 occur much earlier.

With that being said, they've turned it around since 2012 putting more faith in AA, believing in the team in 2015 to approve Tulo and Price payroll hits, and hiring Shapiro - and I think 90% chance the next owners are a step down.
    112 Million what's your point? Concerning payroll, last decade, lulz. AA fucked up he pulled a 360 and blew away spect capita? The rest is wash... Smarten up, fatcow.