• ATL
    NYM
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • ATL
    NYM
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • NYY
    HOU
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • BOS
    TOR
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • BAL
    WSH
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • DET
    LAA
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • PIT
    CHC
    Preview
    1:35 PM ET
  • MIL
    STL
    Preview
    2:10 PM ET
  • OAK
    TB
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • CLE
    CWS
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • ARI
    CIN
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • SD
    MIA
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • SEA
    TEX
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • COL
    SF
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • KC
    MIN
    Preview
    7:15 PM ET
  • LAD
    PHI
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
Page 235 of 264 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245 ... LastLast
Results 3,745 to 3,760 of 4211

Thread: Around Baseball 2018

  1. #3745
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    20,003
    Thanks
    2,579
    Thanked 7,143 Times in 4,489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Shohei Ohtani is good at beisbol.
    He might be a better hitter than pitcher

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (05-11-2018)

  3. #3746
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    44,862
    Thanks
    45,932
    Thanked 8,844 Times in 6,785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    He might be a better hitter than pitcher
    BTS' Dumn!

  4. #3747
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    6,287
    Thanks
    2,044
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Shohei Ohtani is good at beisbol.
    It's a good time for baseball. This kid is exceeding all expectations.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie19 For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (05-11-2018)

  6. #3748
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,290
    Thanks
    1,802
    Thanked 4,098 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Braves lead the NL in BA, SLG and runs scored

    Never. Woukd have predicted that for this year

  7. #3749
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    8,152
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    Braves lead the NL in BA, SLG and runs scored

    Never. Woukd have predicted that for this year
    Albies has been ridiculous. I don't think anyone saw this kind of power coming.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  8. #3750
    Hall of Famer Laika's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,475
    Thanks
    1,185
    Thanked 8,814 Times in 4,907 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Shohei Ohtani is good at beisbol.
    20 homers, 20 wins some day? The new 20/20...

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Laika For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (05-11-2018)

  10. #3751
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Pretty sure Bautista still blows...

  11. #3752
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,290
    Thanks
    1,802
    Thanked 4,098 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Albies has been ridiculous. I don't think anyone saw this kind of power coming.
    Freddie Freeman and his 165 wRC+ are happy to finally have some other hitters in the lineup to support him

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to G-Snarls For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (05-11-2018)

  13. #3753
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    20,003
    Thanks
    2,579
    Thanked 7,143 Times in 4,489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    20 homers, 20 wins some day? The new 20/20...
    They Angels should just scrap the pitching experiment and let him settle in as a .300 AVG/50 HR DH.

    Min 70 PAs MLB Rank

    AVG - 2nd (behind Betts)
    ISO - 7th
    wOBA/wRC+ - 4th

    And this motherfucker is 23? Forget pitching.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

    Brownie19 (05-11-2018)

  15. #3754
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    20,003
    Thanks
    2,579
    Thanked 7,143 Times in 4,489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Albies has been ridiculous. I don't think anyone saw this kind of power coming.
    It's Lindor all over again.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

    Brownie19 (05-11-2018),Spanky99 (05-11-2018)

  17. #3755
    Hall of Famer Laika's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,475
    Thanks
    1,185
    Thanked 8,814 Times in 4,907 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    They Angels should just scrap the pitching experiment and let him settle in as a .300 AVG/50 HR DH.

    Min 70 PAs MLB Rank

    AVG - 2nd (behind Betts)
    ISO - 7th
    wOBA/wRC+ - 4th

    And this motherfucker is 23? Forget pitching.
    He'd probably be a v good RF. His arm is a weapon and his sprint speed is also apparently above average, I remember seeing some statcast thing on a triple time earlier this year.

    Anyway, he's at 0.4 WAR in 5 GS. +0.08 WAR per game.
    And 0.8 WAR in 70 PA (consider that 17 games). +0.047 WAR per game.

    It looks like one game started means he misses up to 3 games starting in the field. They've been giving him the day before and after off.
    So having him start is a net loss of like 0.061 WAR at this production. Even if he only misses two days in the field it's a net loss of 0.012 WAR. And if you assume defensive value in RF.... then you're absolutely right.

    You can probably get better leverage of his pitching talent as a full time RF and late inning reliever. Closer/RF is fun as fuck. Get some defensive specialist to swap in the OF with him at the end of any close game. He'd be an unhittable reliever.

  18. #3756
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,290
    Thanks
    1,802
    Thanked 4,098 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    He'd probably be a v good RF. His arm is a weapon and his sprint speed is also apparently above average, I remember seeing some statcast thing on a triple time earlier this year.

    Anyway, he's at 0.4 WAR in 5 GS. +0.08 WAR per game.
    And 0.8 WAR in 70 PA (consider that 17 games). +0.047 WAR per game.

    It looks like one game started means he misses up to 3 games starting in the field. They've been giving him the day before and after off.
    So having him start is a net loss of like 0.061 WAR at this production. Even if he only misses two days in the field it's a net loss of 0.012 WAR. And if you assume defensive value in RF.... then you're absolutely right.

    You can probably get better leverage of his pitching talent as a full time RF and late inning reliever. Closer/RF is fun as fuck. Get some defensive specialist to swap in the OF with him at the end of any close game.
    The closer option is very appealing and would allow him to hit in more games

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to G-Snarls For This Useful Post:

    KingKat (05-11-2018)

  20. #3757
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    20,003
    Thanks
    2,579
    Thanked 7,143 Times in 4,489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    He'd probably be a v good RF. His arm is a weapon and his sprint speed is also apparently above average, I remember seeing some statcast thing on a triple time earlier this year.

    Anyway, he's at 0.4 WAR in 5 GS. +0.08 WAR per game.
    And 0.8 WAR in 70 PA (consider that 17 games). +0.047 WAR per game.

    It looks like one game started means he misses up to 3 games starting in the field. They've been giving him the day before and after off.
    So having him start is a net loss of like 0.061 WAR at this production. Even if he only misses two days in the field it's a net loss of 0.012 WAR. And if you assume defensive value in RF.... then you're absolutely right.

    You can probably get better leverage of his pitching talent as a full time RF and late inning reliever. Closer/RF is fun as fuck. Get some defensive specialist to swap in the OF with him at the end of any close game.
    I don't think they can continue sitting him 3 days a week as a hitter, the way he's mashing. It seems a bit unnecessary to sit him as a hitter the day before he pitches.

  21. #3758
    Big Leaguer Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    3,136
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 853 Times in 594 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    I don't think they can continue sitting him 3 days a week as a hitter, the way he's mashing. It seems a bit unnecessary to sit him as a hitter the day before he pitches.
    FWIW he keeps saying he'd like to bat more, but then he's already missed one start because of a sprained ankle running the bases. I think this season he'll be eventually be used at least as a pinch hitter the day before a start.

    As good as he's been with the bat, if he puts it all together and settles in, he's going to be the best pitcher in the AL. Basically, Spanky is right - Ohtani is good at baseball!

  22. #3759
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,290
    Thanks
    1,802
    Thanked 4,098 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    FWIW he keeps saying he'd like to bat more, but then he's already missed one start because of a sprained ankle running the bases. I think this season he'll be eventually be used at least as a pinch hitter the day before a start.

    As good as he's been with the bat, if he puts it all together and settles in, he's going to be the best pitcher in the AL. Basically, Spanky is right - Ohtani is good at baseball!
    Wut?


  23. #3760
    Big Leaguer Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    3,136
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 853 Times in 594 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    Wut?

    Kluber is 32 and is arguably not even the best AL pitcher now anyway (though obviously he's still elite).

    IMO with a season or 2 of acclimatising behind him, Ohtani will be unhittable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •