Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 145 to 160 of 426

Thread: Around Baseball 2018

  1. #145
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    40,101
    Thanks
    41,799
    Thanked 8,069 Times in 6,204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    You're an idiot
    You're an asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    Boxcar
    Bitch on xanax causing ass rashes

  2. #146
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,917
    Thanks
    360
    Thanked 996 Times in 756 Posts


    Painting by my cousin, commissioned by Bregman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimcanuck For This Useful Post:

    Brownie19 (01-10-2018),Deadpool (01-09-2018),Spanky99 (01-09-2018),TheHurl (01-09-2018)

  4. #147
    All Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,877
    Thanks
    356
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 708 Posts
    I couldn't stand watching Dickey pitch and would rather find someone else to fill the last rotation spot, but if he comes cheap and doesn't require a below replacement man servant as his back up catcher, then the Jays can do a lot worse.

  5. #148
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    5,639
    Thanks
    1,823
    Thanked 1,511 Times in 990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Sign Ethier (who can platoon in LF) and either Anderson or Liriano, then use whatever's left for addressing RF by FA or trade (maybe ugh Cargo or Grandy). Not the sexiest team, but probably a capable one if it can stay somewhat healthy.
    Ethier had 64 PA's in the majors over the past 2 years. I don't know man...

    Grandy might be a solid vet option though. We need a lefty and he's averaged 2.3 WAR per year over the past 2 seasons. Still runs well and plays decent defense. He also walks a lot, which is a nice change up from our free swingers. I'd have to imagine we could get him on a 1 year deal (maybe with a 2nd year option).

    Lynn at $13M per + Grandy for $8M.

  6. #149
    All Star z3r0s's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,457
    Thanks
    937
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    Ethier had 64 PA's in the majors over the past 2 years. I don't know man...

    Grandy might be a solid vet option though. We need a lefty and he's averaged 2.3 WAR per year over the past 2 seasons. Still runs well and plays decent defense. He also walks a lot, which is a nice change up from our free swingers. I'd have to imagine we could get him on a 1 year deal (maybe with a 2nd year option).

    Lynn at $13M per + Grandy for $8M.
    Good call on Granderson. As long as he'd come here instead of playing a lesser role on a contender. I assume it would be a 1 year deal, dude is almost 37 now. Still projects as a 2ish WAR player with full playing time. Could hit some real bombs here after years of 25-30 with the Mets (in that park).

  7. #150
    Moderator KingKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17,314
    Thanks
    14,468
    Thanked 5,984 Times in 3,820 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r0s View Post
    Good call on Granderson. As long as he'd come here instead of playing a lesser role on a contender. I assume it would be a 1 year deal, dude is almost 37 now. Still projects as a 2ish WAR player with full playing time. Could hit some real bombs here after years of 25-30 with the Mets (in that park).
    I can't see Grandy wanting to finish his career playing on turf.

  8. #151
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    5,639
    Thanks
    1,823
    Thanked 1,511 Times in 990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    I can't see Grandy wanting to finish his career playing on turf.
    That's a fair point. It's a real nuisance that our park could factor into our abilities to sign FA's.

    Maybe Grandy is all about the dollar bills yo. I kind of doubt it though. I think I've read he's a great teammate overall. He's probably looking for a ring. Maybe it has to be a guy like Cargo who's simply looking to rebuild value. Meh.

  9. #152
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    22,558
    Thanks
    2,178
    Thanked 8,044 Times in 5,018 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    You're an asshole.
    He didn't ask how to post an image, he asked how to host one you buffoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    I know King isn't... little prick.

  10. #153
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    40,101
    Thanks
    41,799
    Thanked 8,069 Times in 6,204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    He didn't ask how to post an image, he asked how to host one you buffoon.
    I realized after, regardless, you're still an asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    Boxcar
    Bitch on xanax causing ass rashes

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Spanky99 For This Useful Post:

    Boxcar (01-10-2018)

  12. #154
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    22,558
    Thanks
    2,178
    Thanked 8,044 Times in 5,018 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    I realized after, regardless, you're still an asshole.
    True enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    I know King isn't... little prick.

  13. #155
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,453
    Thanks
    3,559
    Thanked 4,653 Times in 2,953 Posts
    Dave Cameron leaving Fangraphs to work for the Padres. Interesting to say the least.

    https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-...i-would-write/
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

  14. #156
    All Star Krylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,911
    Thanks
    641
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 901 Posts
    Gerrit Cole to Astros imminent.

  15. #157
    All Star Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,851
    Thanks
    1,362
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 827 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Gerrit Cole to Astros imminent.
    Guessing it will be Tucker as the center piece. Astros did well if they can get away without moving him or Whitley

  16. #158
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    25,855
    Thanks
    1,771
    Thanked 3,944 Times in 2,679 Posts
    Snap

    Team is gonna be so f'n good

  17. #159
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    25,855
    Thanks
    1,771
    Thanked 3,944 Times in 2,679 Posts
    No pressure on Cole to be an ace in Houston

    Good role models there

    It's a good fit

  18. #160
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    22,558
    Thanks
    2,178
    Thanked 8,044 Times in 5,018 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    Dave Cameron leaving Fangraphs to work for the Padres. Interesting to say the least.

    https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-...i-would-write/
    Lol @ the Padres
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    I know King isn't... little prick.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •