Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
Results 433 to 437 of 437

Thread: Around Baseball 2018

  1. #433
    MVP jaysfan2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,773
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 404 Times in 324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I assume Martinez would be 1B or DH? They probably have the best defensive OF in the game right now.
    DH--and it's possible he turns down a deal with Boston because he wants to play OF, which the Red Sox cannot offer due to a full outfield.

  2. #434
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,170
    Thanks
    2,484
    Thanked 6,860 Times in 4,311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Oh come on, it's not like he'd be shouting. The hitter wouldn't be able to hear it.

    If NJH posted that, you'd be begging to suck his dick but maybe it's my turn.
    NJH is like a 6, I wouldn't bang him with your dick.

  3. #435
    Just Drafted
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysfan2014 View Post
    DH--and it's possible he turns down a deal with Boston because he wants to play OF, which the Red Sox cannot offer due to a full outfield.
    Cant see him turning down the only team willing to pay him big $$, considering this is probably the biggest contract of his life.

    I think he has no problems playing DH, more like he was promised a ridicolous amount of money by his agent, and Boston values him at $125M, which means he would have to be a .900 OPS guy for the next 5 years to give them any value.

    I think some of the calls for the Redsox not having a big power hitter are ridicolous. They won the ALEast for a second consecutive year, and the playoffs are a crapshoot anyways.

  4. #436
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    5,653
    Thanks
    1,830
    Thanked 1,524 Times in 995 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AledmysDiaz View Post
    Cant see him turning down the only team willing to pay him big $$, considering this is probably the biggest contract of his life.

    I think he has no problems playing DH, more like he was promised a ridicolous amount of money by his agent, and Boston values him at $125M, which means he would have to be a .900 OPS guy for the next 5 years to give them any value.

    I think some of the calls for the Redsox not having a big power hitter are ridicolous. They won the ALEast for a second consecutive year, and the playoffs are a crapshoot anyways.
    He's probably get a fair amount of time in the OF anyway (say 50-60 games) as all 3 OFers could rotate through the DH spot from time to time to give them a rest. But Boston resigned Moreland and still has Hanley (who's the current DH). Do they have the balls to simply platoon those 2 lickbags at 1st?

  5. #437
    Just Drafted
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    He's probably get a fair amount of time in the OF anyway (say 50-60 games) as all 3 OFers could rotate through the DH spot from time to time to give them a rest. But Boston resigned Moreland and still has Hanley (who's the current DH). Do they have the balls to simply platoon those 2 lickbags at 1st?
    You could make the argument that the Redsox would be worst off with JD Martinez, the could simply hold on the cash, get behind the luxury tax, than get Machado next year with Pedroia close to the end. Move Bogaerts to 2nd, and have an infinitely better team. I would pick the Redsox over the Yankees for the ALEast this year even if they do nothing. Hanley is coming off the books as well,

    Redsox don't have to do anything, the rest of the American league is sinking really fast. Rays and Orioles maybe 90 loss teams, at the worst they are guaranteed a wild card game with Chris Sale pitching.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •