• WSH 9
    ATL 3
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • BOS 7
    BAL 1
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • STL 3
    HOU 7
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • PHI 3
    NYY 8
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • DET 8
    PIT 8
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • MIN 5
    TB 4
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • TOR 3
    DET 6
    Final
    1:07 PM ET
  • NYM 10
    MIA 3
    Final
    1:10 PM ET
  • SF 10
    CHC 12
    Final
    3:05 PM ET
  • CWS 8
    CIN 5
    Final
    3:05 PM ET
  • TEX 4
    COL 2
    Final
    3:05 PM ET
  • OAK 4
    KC 4
    Final
    3:05 PM ET
  • CIN 2
    CLE 2
    Final
    3:05 PM ET
  • SEA 2
    LAD 0
    Final
    3:10 PM ET
  • ARI 1
    MIL 5
    Final
    3:10 PM ET
  • LAA 2
    SD 1
    Final
    3:10 PM ET
Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 976 of 1271

Thread: Around Baseball 2018

  1. #961
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,778
    Thanks
    3,633
    Thanked 4,769 Times in 3,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    So this guy in his first article basically just said that an extra $50M to sign Yu Darvish than what he got should have been a no-brainer for all teams. Because an extra $50M has definitely never crippled any team financially, in the recent and foreseeable future, and the fans were always better for it. Oh, hey Detroit Tigers, how're you guys doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

  2. #962
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,002
    Thanks
    1,778
    Thanked 3,992 Times in 2,704 Posts
    Sources say Boston's offer to JD Martinez closer to 100M than 125M

    Boras meeting with DBacks ownership

    Would love to see him end up staying in Arizona

  3. #963
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    25,455
    Thanks
    3,772
    Thanked 13,059 Times in 7,795 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    So this guy in his first article basically just said that an extra $50M to sign Yu Darvish than what he got should have been a no-brainer for all teams. Because an extra $50M has definitely never crippled any team financially, in the recent and foreseeable future, and the fans were always better for it. Oh, hey Detroit Tigers, how're you guys doing?
    Yes. His first article at Fangraphs was about how fans should stop worrying about the future and finding efficient front offices satisfying to watch, and instead just root for a bunch of FA overpays that will certainly hurt teams' ability to compete down the road, because Aaron Judge dingers are fun to watch (or something). It's just complete uninterpretable nonsense.

    It's sad to watch that site continue to circle the drain. They were probably the biggest reason why the average fan's understanding today is exponentially deeper than it was a decade ago, and now they have a staff of untalented writers pumping out two 500-word narrative driven pieces a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

    L54 (02-13-2018),Spanky99 (02-13-2018)

  5. #964
    All Star z3r0s's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,566
    Thanks
    946
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    Sources say Boston's offer to JD Martinez closer to 100M than 125M

    Boras meeting with DBacks ownership

    Would love to see him end up staying in Arizona
    100-125/5 is getting into very 'worth it' territory on a bat like that.

  6. #965
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    5,784
    Thanks
    1,871
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,025 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Yes. His first article at Fangraphs was about how fans should stop worrying about the future and finding efficient front offices satisfying to watch, and instead just root for a bunch of FA overpays that will certainly hurt teams' ability to compete down the road, because Aaron Judge dingers are fun to watch (or something). It's just complete uninterpretable nonsense.

    It's sad to watch that site continue to circle the drain. They were probably the biggest reason why the average fan's understanding today is exponentially deeper than it was a decade ago, and now they have a staff of untalented writers pumping out two 500-word narrative driven pieces a day.
    +1. At least they're still a good resource for the stats themselves.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie19 For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (02-13-2018)

  8. #966
    All Star L54's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    4,897
    Thanks
    695
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,060 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Yes. His first article at Fangraphs was about how fans should stop worrying about the future and finding efficient front offices satisfying to watch, and instead just root for a bunch of FA overpays that will certainly hurt teams' ability to compete down the road, because Aaron Judge dingers are fun to watch (or something). It's just complete uninterpretable nonsense.

    It's sad to watch that site continue to circle the drain. They were probably the biggest reason why the average fan's understanding today is exponentially deeper than it was a decade ago, and now they have a staff of untalented writers pumping out two 500-word narrative driven pieces a day.
    FG unquestionably is the reason why my understanding is so much deeper than it was five years ago. I used to read all of their articles and chats, and probably gave the site 100+ hits per day between player profiles and articles. Now I literally find myself googling players names + fangraphs to check out who I want, and then leave the site. It's demise has been sad to watch.

    I guess when you have bills to pay and mouths to feed you do what you've gotta do, but I can't help but think there is some sort of middle ground where they stop pushing out watered down content for the sake of it and instead publish fewer articles with more meaning and substance. I for one know I would read more if I knew the content was going to be worthy of reading.

    They've become a stepping stone for a lot of guys, and have had a lot of turnover recently. There's no doubt its tough to keep the quality high when you keep losing your best employees but most companies face the same problems, so to me it's up to them to continue finding good writers and not guys who try and tell their audience that teams are dumb for not signing Yu Darvish for 50M more than every single front office was willing to sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Of course he can, but it's safe to assume Biagini will match Stroman's numbers over the next three years easily.

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to L54 For This Useful Post:

    BTS (02-13-2018),Deadpool (02-14-2018),Orgfiller (02-13-2018),Spanky99 (02-13-2018)

  10. #967
    All Star Sammy225's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,810
    Thanks
    313
    Thanked 1,541 Times in 936 Posts
    I am going to start off by saying i am a huge Votto fan.... maybe the maple leaf sways be a bit but i think he is the best hitter in the league if not one of the best.... I don't know if he fucked Russos wife but the guy just spews shit against him i have never stand to listen to him.


  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sammy225 For This Useful Post:

    Deadpool (02-14-2018)

  12. #968
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    25,455
    Thanks
    3,772
    Thanked 13,059 Times in 7,795 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy225 View Post
    I am going to start off by saying i am a huge Votto fan.... maybe the maple leaf sways be a bit but i think he is the best hitter in the league if not one of the best.... I don't know if he fucked Russos wife but the guy just spews shit against him i have never stand to listen to him.

    Ha, what an idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

    Deadpool (02-14-2018),havok24 (02-13-2018),Spanky99 (02-13-2018)

  14. #969
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    6,225
    Thanks
    3,526
    Thanked 2,338 Times in 1,480 Posts
    Good lord, that man is insufferable. Good on Brian Kenny for staying composed while that blithering fool constantly cut him off to spew his stupidity and ignorance.

    It was like talking to a wall - a really dumn wall.

  15. #970
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,384
    Thanks
    2,501
    Thanked 6,906 Times in 4,344 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy225 View Post
    I don't know if he fucked Russos wife
    I don't know if Russo fucked his own wife; that guy has closet case written all over him.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

    Muck Bartinez (02-14-2018)

  17. #971
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12,398
    Thanks
    708
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r0s View Post
    100-125/5 is getting into very 'worth it' territory on a bat like that.
    Agreed, sticking him in our lineup would make it suddenly look a hell of a lot better.

  18. #972
    All Star z3r0s's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,566
    Thanks
    946
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Agreed, sticking him in our lineup would make it suddenly look a hell of a lot better.
    at the very least drive up the price for the BoSox!

  19. #973
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,002
    Thanks
    1,778
    Thanked 3,992 Times in 2,704 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Agreed, sticking him in our lineup would make it suddenly look a hell of a lot better.
    RF for 2 years then DH when Morales is gone

    Yes please

  20. #974
    All Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,938
    Thanks
    366
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 719 Posts
    Brian Kenny is this forum and Russo is the sportsnet comments section.

  21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to glory For This Useful Post:

    BTS (02-13-2018),Deadpool (02-14-2018),Gen.Disarray (02-13-2018),SirBJay (02-13-2018),Spanky99 (02-13-2018)

  22. #975
    All Star z3r0s's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,566
    Thanks
    946
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    RF for 2 years then DH when Morales is gone

    Yes please
    Pretty much. Or you do whatever you have to do to trade Morales for a bag of balls and just start that now.

  23. #976
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,002
    Thanks
    1,778
    Thanked 3,992 Times in 2,704 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r0s View Post
    Pretty much. Or you do whatever you have to do to trade Morales for a bag of balls and just start that now.
    We know how good Pillar is defensively

    What about Grichuk and Hernandez? You can handle one sub par defender in the OF but you don't want two if you can avoid it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •