Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Around Baseball 2018

DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 2,703 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Royals clearing space for Morales. Nice.
    The funny thing is they probanly think they actually miss him and want him back

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 1,038 Posts
    would be a really good thing if we could trade KC Kendrys + 5M or something for a bag of balls

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,078 Times in 716 Posts
    Any chance the Royals do Hammel for Morales? Maybe if the Jays eat up half of the 2019 salary? There has to be something between the two teams that doesn't involve Ian Kennedy's shit contract going to the Jays.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,413 Times in 859 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    Any chance the Royals do Hammel for Morales? Maybe if the Jays eat up half of the 2019 salary? There has to be something between the two teams that doesn't involve Ian Kennedy's shit contract going to the Jays.
    I'd take Kennedy plus whatever prospect in a heartbeat. The Jays don't have a salary issue they have a roster construction issue. Morales is redundant, the Jays could always use an extra arm. The team is light on multi-year commitments to starting pitchers so Kennedy nailing down the #5 role (or #6 if the Jays build enough SP depth) for the next three years is not such a bad situation.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dick_Pole For This Useful Post:

KingKat (01-30-2018),Spanky99 (01-30-2018)

Big Leaguer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    They have Freeman locked up for four more years. That is how many years Jose and Edwin had left when AA went bonkers over here. I'd be shocked if he continues to rebuild beyond 2018. My guess is by this time next year he will start trading off a bunch of prospects for short term help. But again, maybe he's changed.

And the Jays were not close after 2012. They had like 90 losses and wasn't that the year every starting pitcher had to have surgery simultaneously? They were bad, man.
    I believe it was Monday (Morrow in middle of Cy Young type season out for 3 months with lat? issue)
    Wednesday - Kyle Drabek leaves in 4th inning or so to go have Tommy John surgery for second time
    Friday - Drew Hutchinson (in middle of dark house Rookie of the year campaign) leaves in 1st inning to go have TJ surgery.

And...

1 month later - Jose Bautista, on track for 3rd straight homerun crown, busts wrist hitting (almost) homerun... hooks foul at the end to add insult to the injury.

some time after that (can't remember exact date) -> Brett Lawrie, 3rd best young property in game (really he was at that moment) after Trout and Harper dives head first into Yankee Stadium camera bay. That was really the end of Brett Lawrie. Never did much after that moment.

Then -> Travis Snider/Eric Thames, former best left handed hitting prospect, and really awesome left handed hitting prospect traded for relievers after value tanks.

Oh yeah, at some moment before all that Adam "Sweet Swing" Lind, once thought of as a potential batting champ, has to go to minors.

What else?? Henderson Alvarez, thought of as potential "Pedro Lite" has incredibly bad season.

Yunel Escobar where's antigay eye black and must be traded for nothing.

I am sure there was more... Colby Rasmus, once thought of as potential all star craps out...

Finally manager John Farrell decides to leave (wouldn't you?)
    If we don't win this year we'll win next year, if we don't win next year we'll win the year after that.

Big Leaguer
    Thanks
    Escobar wasn't traded for nothing, he was part of Marlins trade, but kind of a weird part, as he was essentially traded for a guy (Reyes) who was about the same, but flashier and way more expensive.

Weird. If Escobar doesn't where the eye black, the "big" move of that offseason could of been something completely different.
    If we don't win this year we'll win next year, if we don't win next year we'll win the year after that.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,317 Times in 1,440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    I'd take Kennedy plus whatever prospect in a heartbeat. The Jays don't have a salary issue they have a roster construction issue. Morales is redundant, the Jays could always use an extra arm. The team is light on multi-year commitments to starting pitchers so Kennedy nailing down the #5 role (or #6 if the Jays build enough SP depth) for the next three years is not such a bad situation.
    No thanks. Morales has something like 2 years, 22 million left. Kennedy is near replacement level now and has 3 years and 49 mil left.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,025 Posts
    Article on Brandon Nimmo - simply because I once was suggesting we should trade for him (which I still think is a good idea, although we have a lot of OF options now).

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/what...-nimmo-become/

DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 2,703 Posts

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    The gravy train is over.... about time.

Thanks
    Boras is whining, but I agree with his principle at the very end of the article. You should reward winning, not losing.

Thanks
    1946 logo looks like some well-timed Nazi propaganda....ah the good old days if mid-20th Century America #MAGA
    Hitler respected Native Americans im pretty sure.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,843 Times in 2,114 Posts
    Boras is whining, but I agree with his principle at the very end of the article. You should reward winning, not losing.
    You should also reward current and expected future performance, not past performance. Bet he doesn't like that one though.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abomination For This Useful Post:

KingKat (01-30-2018),Spanky99 (01-30-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    The gravy train is over.... about time.
    Baseball revenues are still increasing. Team values are increasing. The gravy train is very much alive.

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    The irony of the stupid out of control contracts forcing teams to invest in analytics to finally properly value free agents is satisfying.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to GreekFatAss For This Useful Post:

JaysAllMighty (01-30-2018)