Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: General 2018 Blue Jays Discussion Thread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Olerud363 View Post
    Todd one thing I you are forgetting in your analysis is that the Jays have Anthony Alford who is extremely under-rated by the projection systems because of his late start and unusual football background.

Alford, is probably the best athlete in the system bar none. He also has a great eye at the plate. His minor league stats, show this (.280 .375 .400 or so), but that is only scratching the surface, because Alford was learning so much in the minor leagues.

.300 .400 .450 is not out of range for Alford, which with his projected defense could be an impact 6-8 WAR players. There is no telling how great Alford could become if his power develops.

So Alford could be the impact player that brings the Jays from 83 wins to almost 90.

Alford my friend, Alford, the scouts already like him, the statheads already like him, and he could be the biggest upside wild card in baseball history.
    The biggest IF of all is his health.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,506 Times in 987 Posts
    Todd one thing I you are forgetting in your analysis is that the Jays have Anthony Alford who is extremely under-rated by the projection systems because of his late start and unusual football background.

Alford, is probably the best athlete in the system bar none. He also has a great eye at the plate. His minor league stats, show this (.280 .375 .400 or so), but that is only scratching the surface, because Alford was learning so much in the minor leagues.

.300 .400 .450 is not out of range for Alford, which with his projected defense could be an impact 6-8 WAR players. There is no telling how great Alford could become if his power develops.

So Alford could be the impact player that brings the Jays from 83 wins to almost 90.

Alford my friend, Alford, the scouts already like him, the statheads already like him, and he could be the biggest upside wild card in baseball history.

That's how you troll Todd folks. That's how it's done. Could you imagine if the Blue Jays 103rd ranked prospect broke out and carried the team to the playoffs?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,027 Times in 3,427 Posts
    I was asked by my boys and board donors at AJ Sports Cards to let you know that Vlad Jr. will be signing autographs at 1:00 pm on January 21st at the Toronto Sports Expo. Located at 3710 Chesswood Dr In North York ON M3J 2W4, the Montecassino has free parking and is easy access near Highway 401 and the Sheppard West Subway Station. Please contact [email protected]

Guests at the Autograph Pavilion:
    Joe Sakic
    Frederik Andersen
    Nikita Zaitsev *
    Connor Brown *
    Michael Bisping
    Yvan Cournoyer
    Todd Bertuzzi
    Chris Osgood
    Roberto Alomar
    Vladimir Guerrero Jr
    DeVier Posey
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheHurl For This Useful Post:

Pendleton (Today),Terminator (Today)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    I disagree on the bullpen. It's not elite but it's not horrible either.
    Yeah 7th bullpen by WAR in 2017. OK there's no Joe Smith anymore, but that's offset by the awful Bolsinger and past it Grilli no longer being here.

Outside of Osuna it's OK, some players will be good, some will suck - but that's what relievers do!

Thanks
    Todd one thing I think you are forgetting in your analysis is that the Jays have Anthony Alford who is extremely under-rated by the projection systems because of his late start and unusual football background.

LMAO playing with Todd pyro fire I see? I like it .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    Yeah 7th bullpen by WAR in 2017. OK there's no Joe Smith anymore, but that's offset by the awful Bolsinger and past it Grilli no longer being here.

Outside of Osuna it's OK, some players will be good, some will suck - but that's what relievers do!
    I see the bullpen as a big wildcard at this point. If the plan is to start Biagini then that's a blow to the perceived outlook. A lot will depend on whether some of the stronger performers from last season are for real - definitely lacking in veteran dependability as of now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendleton View Post
    I see the bullpen as a big wildcard at this point. If the plan is to start Biagini then that's a blow to the perceived outlook. A lot will depend on whether some of the stronger performers from last season are for real - definitely lacking in veteran dependability as of now.
    I agree, but I'd point out that there isn't really any such thing as veteran dependability for non elite relievers. Pretty much every reliever is a wildcard, e.g. I don't think anyone would have predicted that Leone and Tepera would be our best relievers in 2017 outside of Osuna, and J.P. Howell would be so bad that he was DFA.

Prospect
    Thanks
    Todd one thing I think you are forgetting in your analysis is that the Jays have Anthony Alford who is extremely under-rated by the projection systems because of his late start and unusual football background.

Early favorite for post of the year, if for no other reason than the fact you can read between the lines and hear 'go pound sand, Todd' loud and clear.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    I agree, but I'd point out that there isn't really any such thing as veteran dependability for non elite relievers. Pretty much every reliever is a wildcard, e.g. I don't think anyone would have predicted that Leone and Tepera would be our best relievers in 2017 outside of Osuna, and J.P. Howell would be so bad that he was DFA.
    Oh yeah I agree that bullpens are a crapshoot in general, but I'm just saying our's is especially unpredictable with so few guys have tenured success in high leverage roles.