Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: General 2018 Blue Jays Discussion Thread

Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    You guys can say what you want about me. Make fun of me what ever. Most
    of you were not alive when the jays first became a team so shut your mouths. Second
    Anthony Alford is one step away from being Dalton Pompey all over again. Good but not
    good enough to stick in the show. Come talk to me when he gets 400 or 500 ab bats in one season without
    being hurt. On one team.
    1) I was four their first season, d-bag.
    2) Age does not equate intelligence. If you need an example, see: Trump, Donald
    3) Your fixation with Alford is almost as disturbing as your sentence structure/need to press 'enter' at odd intervals

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,532 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    I disagree on the bullpen. It's not elite but it's not horrible either.
    Outside Osuna it looks pretty horrible, not one guy projected to have a FIP under 4.

http://www.fangraphs.com/depthcharts.aspx?position=RP

Thanks
    Thanked 1,354 Times in 923 Posts
    You guys can say what you want about me. Make fun of me what ever. Most
    of you were not alive when the jays first became a team so shut your mouths. Second
    Anthony Alford is one step away from being Dalton Pompey all over again. Good but not
    good enough to stick in the show. Come talk to me when he gets 400 or 500 ab bats in one season without
    being hurt. On one team.
    Todd, your problem is that you think you've got all this knowledge and you're really not knowledgeable at all. As stated, age does not equate intelligence... But to humour you, I was 3 when the Jays started in '77.

While I agree that the Jays are going to struggle this season, saying that they'll be hard pressed to win 50 games is the ramblings of a re-todd

Thanks
    The 2018 vision of the blue jays will be the worst team they
    have fielded since the begin. They will be lucky enough to
    win 50 games this year. And the jays management will
    still lair to the the blue jays fans that they are trying to
    build a new team.
    ADVISE For the newbies out there.

This is a 3 step process to let you increase your reading enjoyment of this forum.

1) Go to Settings (top right of this page)
    2) Lower left you will see EDIT IGNORE LIST Click on that.
    3) Carefully type the name Todd in this space ......now click Okay and enjoy the rest of reading pleasure here on this site!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ehjays For This Useful Post:

Maine Jays (01-20-2018),The Cats Ass (01-19-2018),vdartanian (01-22-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,187 Times in 6,295 Posts
    Shapiro on CP24...

https://www.tsn.ca/blue-jays-lineups...focus-1.971981

Excellent interview by the way!
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    Boxcar
    Bitch on xanax causing ass rashes

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spanky99 For This Useful Post:

Ehjays (01-19-2018),Omar (01-20-2018),Orgfiller (01-20-2018),P2F (01-20-2018)

Thanks
    Look at that. Say something true and the so called now it all's on this board
    block you. Time for you to put your big boy pants on and stop being a bunch of bitches.
    You have called me ever named in the book. But like you i have a opinion. That you may not like and you have a opinion
    that is what makes this board cool. People agree with you sometimes and sometimes you don't does mean you block them and ran away
    and say shit about them like you did then a was block for a whole year.
    The powers that be have to be right down the middle not favor so called friends that take shit about them behind they backs.

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,262 Posts
    Look at that. Say something true and the so called now it all's on this board
    block you. Time for you to put your big boy pants on and stop being a bunch of bitches.
    You have called me ever named in the book. But like you i have a opinion. That you may not like and you have a opinion
    that is what makes this board cool. People agree with you sometimes and sometimes you don't does mean you block them and ran away
    and say shit about them like you did then a was block for a whole year.
    The powers that be have to be right down the middle not favor so called friends that take shit about them behind they backs.
    https://youtu.be/LQCU36pkH7c
    ****FREE SPANKY****

10. The Following User Says Thank You to John_Havok For This Useful Post:

Ehjays (01-19-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,532 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Shapiro on CP24...

Lol the interviewer did a better job than most of the Toronto sports media.

Going from Beeston to Shapiro is so underrated. Bigger improvement there then any single player transaction the club could have done.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burlingtonbandit For This Useful Post:

Omar (01-20-2018),Spanky99 (01-20-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    Lol the interviewer did a better job than most of the Toronto sports media.

Going from Beeston to Shapiro is so underrated. Bigger improvement there then any single player transaction the club could have done.
    Yeah, she was fantastic, employed by Rogers too, as they own CityTV/CP24... as for the latter, that's a no-brainer, lol.
    Boxcar

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    I'm actually very very bullish on all the offseason moves so far. All the moves haven't been the sexiest (i.e. like the Yankees trading for Stanton), but these are all moves that considerably raise the floor for the Jays for both next season and the future. Even if we end up sucking next year, Aledmys Diaz, Yangervis Solarte, and Randal Grichuk will still be there the year afterwards. When our impact guys like Vladdy, Alford, and Bo finally get to the big leagues, it's really nice to know that we have a competent supporting cast in Grichuk, Solarte, Teoscar, and Diaz waiting in the background as opposed to Ryan Goins or Darwin Barney or Ezequiel Carrera who are basically black holes.

It's all about depth and having competent players around the diamond. I feel like the front office has done a fantastic job of building that without giving up much at all in prospect capital and still having tremendous financial flexibility for the future as well.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ray For This Useful Post:

Deadpool (01-24-2018),Dick_Pole (01-20-2018),glory (01-20-2018),Nafro (01-22-2018),Orgfiller (01-20-2018),P2F (01-20-2018),SirBJay (01-20-2018),Spanky99 (01-20-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,744 Times in 3,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Shapiro on CP24...

That is one great interview, amazing job on both sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    That is one great interview, amazing job on both sides.
    Right, I was blown away!
    Boxcar

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    I'm actually very very bullish on all the offseason moves so far. All the moves haven't been the sexiest (i.e. like the Yankees trading for Stanton), but these are all moves that considerably raise the floor for the Jays for both next season and the future. Even if we end up sucking next year, Aledmys Diaz, Yangervis Solarte, and Randal Grichuk will still be there the year afterwards. When our impact guys like Vladdy, Alford, and Bo finally get to the big leagues, it's really nice to know that we have a competent supporting cast in Grichuk, Solarte, Teoscar, and Diaz waiting in the background as opposed to Ryan Goins or Darwin Barney or Ezequiel Carrera who are basically black holes.

It's all about depth and having competent players around the diamond. I feel like the front office has done a fantastic job of building that without giving up much at all in prospect capital and still having tremendous financial flexibility for the future as well.
    Yeah continuing the trend of acquiring controllable players without giving up significant prospects has been encouraging.

We still need some of our prospects to work out to be a contender, but as long as all of Vlad, Bo, Hernandez, Alford, Gurriel and Jansen arenít busts then itís looking promising for 2019 onwards.

We might sneak a wildcard this year but IMO thatíd only be a bonus.

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    Yeah continuing the trend of acquiring controllable players without giving up significant prospects has been encouraging.

We still need some of our prospects to work out to be a contender, but as long as all of Vlad, Bo, Hernandez, Alford, Gurriel and Jansen aren’t busts then it’s looking promising for 2019 onwards.

We might sneak a wildcard this year but IMO that’d only be a bonus.
    I like how we're buying low on all these guys. Diaz, Solarte, and Grichuk all are coming off down years which means that we didn't have to give up much to get them, but also that there's nothing but potential upside.

Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehjays View Post
    ADVISE For the newbies out there.

This is a 3 step process to let you increase your reading enjoyment of this forum.

1) Go to Settings (top right of this page)
    2) Lower left you will see EDIT IGNORE LIST Click on that.
    3) Carefully type the name Todd in this space ......now click Okay and enjoy the rest of reading pleasure here on this site!
    Ah, this place suddenly became enjoyable again. Bye, bye, Todd.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Maine Jays For This Useful Post:

Ehjays (01-22-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine Jays View Post
    Ah, this place suddenly became enjoyable again. Bye, bye, Todd.
    Yeah, until someone quotes him and your back to square one... and someone always does.
    Boxcar