• BOS 0
    ATL 3
    In Progress
    Bottom 2nd
  • NYY 0
    LAA 0
    In Progress
    Bottom 1st
  • TB 1
    BAL 3
    In Progress
    Top 2nd
  • DET 1
    CWS 0
    In Progress
    Bottom 2nd
  • CLE 2
    HOU 1
    In Progress
    Middle 2nd
  • MIA 0
    WSH 0
    In Progress
    Bottom 2nd
  • PIT 0
    STL 0
    In Progress
    Top 1st
  • PHI 0
    TOR 0
    Warmup
    1:35 PM ET
  • MIL 0
    NYM 0
    Pre-Game
    2:10 PM ET
  • TEX 0
    KC 0
    Pre-Game
    3:05 PM ET
  • COL
    CIN
    Preview
    3:10 PM ET
  • OAK
    ARI
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • SEA
    MIN
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • LAD
    SD
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • CHC
    SF
    Preview
    8:08 PM ET
Page 42 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 657 to 672 of 2267

Thread: General 2018 Blue Jays Discussion Thread

  1. #657
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,290
    Thanks
    1,802
    Thanked 4,098 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    Jays @ O's March 8th? I'm going to that game. I've never been to Sarasota myself. Looking forward to it
    Yes that's the game

  2. #658
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    6,287
    Thanks
    2,044
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    Yes that's the game
    Nice - if you go to that game, let me know and I'll buy you a beer.

    I've been to Dunedin a few times and (unless they've done a lot of reno's lately) it's not a great park. I'm looking forward to seeing a few different stadiums this year (also going to Bradenton to see the Pirates).

  3. #659
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    444
    Thanks
    1,253
    Thanked 546 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    Nice - if you go to that game, let me know and I'll buy you a beer.

    I've been to Dunedin a few times and (unless they've done a lot of reno's lately) it's not a great park. I'm looking forward to seeing a few different stadiums this year (also going to Bradenton to see the Pirates).
    I don't think the renos will start until after Spring training. Both the Sarasota Park and Bradenton are a step up from Dunedin.... the 2 nicest parks in the area are Phillies in Clearwater and Steinbrenner Park in Tampa.
    I can't wait to get down there in April to watch some A ball. Hopefully Vlad and/or Bichette may be there but I'm not counting on it.

  4. #660
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    6,287
    Thanks
    2,044
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spats View Post
    I don't think the renos will start until after Spring training. Both the Sarasota Park and Bradenton are a step up from Dunedin.... the 2 nicest parks in the area are Phillies in Clearwater and Steinbrenner Park in Tampa.
    I can't wait to get down there in April to watch some A ball. Hopefully Vlad and/or Bichette may be there but I'm not counting on it.
    I went to the Twins stadium in Fort Myers last year. It's been renovated and I thought it was gorgeous FWIW.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie19 For This Useful Post:

    spats (02-13-2018)

  6. #661
    Just Drafted Todd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 13 Times in 5 Posts
    Blue jays still need two starting pitchers and maybe two more bullpen pitchers and back up catcher who can hit.
    Last edited by Todd; 02-13-2018 at 11:25 PM.

  7. #662
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    909
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 62 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Blue jays still need two starting pitchers and maybe two more bullpen pitchers and back up catcher who can hit.
    If we were competing for a division title maybe, In front office's view point this is a .500 team with a small probability of doing better, and as such they want to accumulate pieces that could over perform and potentially be moved for prospects.

  8. #663
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    44,834
    Thanks
    45,929
    Thanked 8,840 Times in 6,782 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AledmysDiaz View Post
    If we were competing for a division title maybe, In front office's view point this is a .500 team with a small probability of doing better, and as such they want to accumulate pieces that could over perform and potentially be moved for prospects.
    lol... you kids should play in a pod!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Spanky99 For This Useful Post:

    Ehjays (02-14-2018)

  10. #664
    Just Drafted
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Blue jays still need two starting pitchers and maybe two more bullpen pitchers and back up catcher who can hit.
    If they acquire a SP then Biagini slots back into a late inning relief role where he is a proven commodity and my preference. One signing fills 2 spots.Jays have their top 4 spots locked in. no reason to acquire 2 SPs that are better than Estrada their 4th pitcher or Estrada would be a bullpen arm. That is not going to happen. So the thought of signing 2 good SPs is just a dream.
    Last edited by The Iceman; 02-14-2018 at 12:31 PM.

  11. #665
    All Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,471
    Thanks
    495
    Thanked 250 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Blue jays still need two starting pitchers and maybe two more bullpen pitchers and back up catcher who can hit.
    Usually a catcher that can hit is a starter.
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastjaysfan View Post
    Do NOT bunt him to 2nd base

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to flafson For This Useful Post:

    Deadpool (02-15-2018)

  13. #666
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,216
    Thanks
    2,377
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 5,444 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flafson View Post
    Usually a catcher that can hit is a starter.
    What are you talking about? Every team in baseball has a David Ross type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Can't wait to meet the new Matt Olson(s)!

  14. #667
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12,778
    Thanks
    999
    Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,574 Posts
    This year’s summer weekend trips suck for the Jays, for those that won’t go west coast. June is Detroit and LA Angels. July is solid with Boston and Chicago but no way would I go to Chicago for a White Sox game (I don’t care who they are playing I’d go to three Wrigley games). August is Yankees and Mariners. Labour Day is the Marlins which I’d consider but then I looked at the prices in Miami that weekend. I’m going to the Rays in May, and the Yankees series doesn’t work for timing so unless I do LA (probably under 5% chance as I’ll be working the FIBA u18s for shit money)
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  15. #668
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    407
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    This year’s summer weekend trips suck for the Jays, for those that won’t go west coast. June is Detroit and LA Angels. July is solid with Boston and Chicago but no way would I go to Chicago for a White Sox game (I don’t care who they are playing I’d go to three Wrigley games). August is Yankees and Mariners. Labour Day is the Marlins which I’d consider but then I looked at the prices in Miami that weekend. I’m going to the Rays in May, and the Yankees series doesn’t work for timing so unless I do LA (probably under 5% chance as I’ll be working the FIBA u18s for shit money)
    Make the trip west and see them in Oakland at the end of July. The Bay Area is awesome!

  16. #669
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    518
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 349 Times in 166 Posts

  17. #670
    MVP Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,339
    Thanks
    2,531
    Thanked 2,720 Times in 1,671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerb View Post
    Tulo is already in mid-season form...

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

    Ehjays (02-14-2018)

  19. #671
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,853
    Thanks
    3,905
    Thanked 4,692 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Tulo is already in mid-season form...
    I'm just impressed he managed to get hurt before spring training even started.

    10/10.

  20. #672
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9,139
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 843 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerb View Post
    And Hoffman poised for a breakout campaign
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •