Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 176 of 293

Thread: General 2018 Blue Jays Discussion Thread

  1. #161
    MVP LetTheBallFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9,730
    Thanks
    6,644
    Thanked 700 Times in 600 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    Lmao. I love when this happens.
    That just popped into my head and I had to use it lol
    See the ball and let it fly, Watch the ball soaring through the sky, Higher like a comet in the night air, Defying gravity is rare, Let the ball fly, Its homerun time!!!!!

  2. #162
    Top 100 Prospect Key22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    323
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 63 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    I feel that there is almost no chance of trading either Vlad or Bo. Especially for Yelich. I think our team knows their value and where we are overall and that type of trade just isn't worth it at the moment. Any trades we make will be using lesser prospects 7-15 range and possibly moving a MLB piece with it
    You raise an interesting point about the major league piece. Assuming Yellich is coming and the Jays could sign Lorenzo Cain then Pillar, a cheap (the Marlins like cheap) center fielder can also be included. And perhaps Devon Travis and or one of the better bullpen arms.

    It depends on what value a guy like Pillar is deemed to have as different GMs all seem to view cf a bit differently but many do view it more as a defense first position and don't care as much about big offensive numbers. In terms of WAR Kevin Pillar was a 2.8 player and he does have 4 more years of control. (free agent at the end of 2021).

    But it would kind of only make sense if we land Cain. I don't know how good Yellich is in center. I just don't want to see Pillar in the lead off spot. He's a nine hole hitter.

  3. #163
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    40,083
    Thanks
    41,770
    Thanked 8,068 Times in 6,203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Key22 View Post
    You raise an interesting point about the major league piece. Assuming Yellich is coming and the Jays could sign Lorenzo Cain then Pillar, a cheap (the Marlins like cheap) center fielder can also be included. And perhaps Devon Travis and or one of the better bullpen arms.

    It depends on what value a guy like Pillar is deemed to have as different GMs all seem to view cf a bit differently but many do view it more as a defense first position and don't care as much about big offensive numbers. In terms of WAR Kevin Pillar was a 2.8 player and he does have 4 more years of control. (free agent at the end of 2021).

    But it would kind of only make sense if we land Cain. I don't know how good Yellich is in center. I just don't want to see Pillar in the lead off spot. He's a nine hole hitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    Boxcar
    Bitch on xanax causing ass rashes

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Spanky99 For This Useful Post:

    P2F (01-13-2018)

  5. #164
    DONOR Angrioter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    D_R
    Posts
    24,500
    Thanks
    1,763
    Thanked 5,471 Times in 3,276 Posts
    My first son is finally here. It's a great feeling

  6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Angrioter For This Useful Post:

    Abomination (01-13-2018),Brownie19 (01-13-2018),Deadpool (01-14-2018),Ehjays (01-15-2018),intentional wok (01-13-2018),jays4life19 (01-13-2018),jerb (01-13-2018),JG34 (01-13-2018),Jimcanuck (01-13-2018),Krylian (01-13-2018),LetTheBallFly (01-13-2018),o2cui2i (01-13-2018),Orgfiller (01-13-2018),P2F (01-13-2018),Pendleton (01-13-2018),SirBJay (01-13-2018),Spanky99 (01-13-2018),z3r0s (01-13-2018)

  7. #165
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    40,083
    Thanks
    41,770
    Thanked 8,068 Times in 6,203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrioter View Post
    My first son is finally here. It's a great feeling
    Congratulations, Ang, proud papa!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    Boxcar
    Bitch on xanax causing ass rashes

  8. #166
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    5,779
    Thanks
    3,336
    Thanked 2,154 Times in 1,373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrioter View Post
    My first son is finally here. It's a great feeling
    Congrats, Ang!

  9. #167
    MVP LetTheBallFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9,730
    Thanks
    6,644
    Thanked 700 Times in 600 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrioter View Post
    My first son is finally here. It's a great feeling
    Congrats!!!!!!
    See the ball and let it fly, Watch the ball soaring through the sky, Higher like a comet in the night air, Defying gravity is rare, Let the ball fly, Its homerun time!!!!!

  10. #168
    All Star L54's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    4,798
    Thanks
    678
    Thanked 1,613 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrioter View Post
    My first son is finally here. It's a great feeling
    Congrats Ang!

  11. #169
    Just Drafted
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
    Congrats from Scotland.

  12. #170
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,909
    Thanks
    360
    Thanked 996 Times in 756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrioter View Post
    My first son is finally here. It's a great feeling
    Congratulations, good man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

  13. #171
    DONOR JG34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Stratford, ON
    Posts
    1,036
    Thanks
    283
    Thanked 299 Times in 238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrioter View Post
    My first son is finally here. It's a great feeling
    Congrats!

  14. #172
    All Star Krylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,907
    Thanks
    641
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 900 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrioter View Post
    My first son is finally here. It's a great feeling
    This should have its own thread. It's not Blue Jays discussion

    Congrats!!

  15. #173
    All Star THANOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Bowmanville, ON
    Posts
    4,810
    Thanks
    3,806
    Thanked 529 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrioter View Post
    My first son is finally here. It's a great feeling
    Congrats!

  16. #174
    Blue Chip Prospect SAAviour's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,033
    Thanks
    471
    Thanked 257 Times in 157 Posts
    Id include pillar in a Yelich trade in a heart beat, then let Pompey, Alford and Teoscar fight it out for centre field.

  17. #175
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Congrats Ang!

  18. #176
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,909
    Thanks
    360
    Thanked 996 Times in 756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAAviour View Post
    I’d include pillar in a Yelich trade in a heart beat, then let Pompey, Alford and Teoscar fight it out for centre field.
    for sure, but as we all know, the Marlins will see little value in Pillar. They want prospects and players with more control than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •