Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 40 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: General 2018 Blue Jays Discussion Thread

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    That WC ship has already sailed.
    It's just easy being negative isn't it. The Twins won a wild card spot with 85 wins and we have no shot. Tulo's going to post an .OPS south of .650, Travis will be gone for the season by May, Grichuk will strike out 200 times, Sanchez will hit the DL at least twice, Smoak will look like the 2016 version. It's over!

Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saskjayfan View Post
    It's just easy being negative isn't it. The Twins won a wild card spot with 85 wins and we have no shot. Tulo's going to post an .OPS south of .650, Travis will be gone for the season by May, Grichuk will strike out 200 times, Sanchez will hit the DL at least twice, Smoak will look like the 2016 version. It's over!
    Good chance at least three of these things happen

Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,771 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigG View Post
    lol

All Star
    Thanks
    fire shatkins now then if 3 or more of those are probable.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to saskjayfan For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (02-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,808 Times in 1,039 Posts
    Which ones ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Why? You've been so Debbie-Downer, why would this team not be in contention/conversaton for a WC spot?
    Weíre a middle of the pack team this year with a chance of above or below .500, depending on injuries and form. Weíve certainly got a chance of making the playoffs, but weíre not one of the favourites.

If Sanchez is fit then thatís the equivalent of signing a top of the rotation starter too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    We’re a middle of the pack team this year with a chance of above or below .500, depending on injuries and form. We’ve certainly got a chance of making the playoffs, but we’re not one of the favourites.

If Sanchez is fit then that’s the equivalent of signing a top of the rotation starter too.
    So you agree with him? Or are you going to continue talking out, two sides of your mouth?

Thanks
    So you agree with him? Or are you going to continue talking out, two sides of your mouth?
    Iíve been pretty consistent this offseason, a wildcard is a bonus this year, but IMO weíre in a lot better shape that a lot of people here think.

The season lives and dies on some prospects succeeding and the injury status of the starters, JD and the middle infield.

Thanks
    I’ve been pretty consistent this offseason, a wildcard is a bonus this year, but IMO we’re in a lot better shape that a lot of people here think.

The season lives and dies on some prospects succeeding and the injury status of the starters, JD and the middle infield.
    I've and many others, have said this all a long... spinning the other side is being safe, no?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saskjayfan View Post
    It's not easy because I want my team to do well. But I'm not going to pretend that I see what some others see on this team. I don't see the talent. Could everything come together and they win 100 games? Sure. Lighting could strike. But I don't think that will happen.

Yes. I know they don't need to win 100 games...I think they'll be hard pressed to even play .500

Thanks
    I've and many others, have said this all a long... spinning the other side is being safe, no?
    I think itís unrealistic to expect to win >85 or <75 games with this roster, so anticipating a middle of the pack team is just being sensible.

However, one of the things that makes sport exciting is you donít know what can happen. So finding out how many things go wrong or right this year is going to be interesting, with the added bonus of determining the future of the franchise for the next 3-5 years (i.e. rebuild or no rebuild).

Thanks
    I think it’s unrealistic to expect to win >85 or <75 games with this roster, so anticipating a middle of the pack team is just being sensible.

However, one of the things that makes sport exciting is you don’t know what can happen. So finding out how many things go wrong or right this year is going to be interesting, with the added bonus of determining the future of the franchise for the next 3-5 years (i.e. rebuild or no rebuild).
    But this team isn't finalized, that's unfair. What IF shit goes right? You don't know... Our team is better, then you all expect.

Thanks
    Itís clear to me we are rebuilding without tanking, and the beauty so far of Atkins and Shapiro is that while we rebuild we have an outside shot at the wild card!
    And the best part about baseball is everyone has a chance on opening day (unless your team full on tanks).
    And hey, IF Alford hits .320, and if Borucki wins a spot in the rotation and is successful, and if Sanchez is an ace again, and if Grichuk is Smoak II, and if Smoak is for real etc etc we can have a playoff team...and even if some of that doesnít happen or possibly if something else unforeseen happens we have a playoff run.

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,152 Times in 764 Posts
    I think the Jays are probably a .500 team in '18, but I want them to make the playoffs now if only to shut Krylian up.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to glory For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (02-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    I think the Jays are probably a .500 team in '18, but I want them to make the playoffs now if only to shut Krylian up.
    I will graciously shut the fuck up if the Jays make the postseason. Something tells me I won't need to.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    I will graciously shut the fuck up if the Jays make the postseason. Something tells me I won't need to.
    Do you want us to sacrifice the future or accelerate our win curve to make the playoffs in 2018?