• SF
    LAD
    Preview
    10:15 PM ET
Page 1 of 113 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: General 2018 Blue Jays Discussion Thread

Thanks

General 2018 Blue Jays Discussion Thread

The big question for this year - how long will JD be a Blue Jay in 2018?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobthe4th For This Useful Post:

KingKat (01-02-2018)

Thanks
    Also will any of the prospects on the verge of the team establish themselves? It'll make an enormous difference to the future of the team if players like Hernandez, Alford, and Gurriel can make meaningful contributions.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobthe4th For This Useful Post:

P2F (01-01-2018),Spanky99 (01-01-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 682 Posts
    Stroman dropped by Nike because of his HDMH hustling lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 43211234 For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (01-01-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 43211234 View Post

Just looked at his Twitter feed, 90% of his tweets are shilling his apparel. I assumed the board was exaggerating, but Iím starting to come round to the idea that Stroman is a tool.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 43211234 View Post

Finally, a shoe that not only advertises the brand, but a beverage as well. That's what the world has been clamoring for.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,711 Times in 1,111 Posts
    I'm actually kind of happy there are consequences for being an attention seeking douche bag.

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    I'm actually kind of happy there are consequences for being an attention seeking douche bag.
    yeah, because Stroman is so much different than every other celebrity marketing crap on-line. Every celebrity my wife follows constantly posts about the clothes and crap they are getting paid to promote. That's how people make money.

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 747 Posts
    Stroman is a douche for what he said after Goins was non tendered.

Shilling his own brand makes him a good business man. Who wouldn't try to sell their own shit on their social media page? That's just common sense. Of course, Nike has the right to do what they did because of it as well. That's the risk Stro was willing to take, I guess.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to glory For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (01-01-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,611 Times in 6,617 Posts
    Jays are in on Choi amongst 20 other teams, to sign him to a MILB contract, those are never a bad idea.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Spanky99 For This Useful Post:

Bobthe4th (01-01-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,102 Times in 1,867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    Stroman is a douche for what he said after Goins was non tendered.

Shilling his own brand makes him a good business man. Who wouldn't try to sell their own shit on their social media page? That's just common sense. Of course, Nike has the right to do what they did because of it as well. That's the risk Stro was willing to take, I guess.
    Nobody is going to want his HDMH stuff after he's retired, or even if his career goes sideways. I could be wrong, but I bet Nike are throwing a lot more steady money at him than his brand will ever pull in. Or he could have dialed back his brand a bit and still accepted Nike's cash. The goal here is to make as much money is possible, so all his chest beating just makes him look astronomically stupid.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to intentional wok For This Useful Post:

Bobthe4th (01-01-2018),Dick_Pole (01-01-2018),KingKat (01-02-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Jays are in on Choi amongst 20 other teams, to sign him to a MILB contract, those are never a bad idea.
    Yep, minimal risk. If nothing else they can have an FBI themed day at AAA when Ji-Man Choi is signed!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobthe4th For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (01-01-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,467 Times in 892 Posts
    Another thing I wish I didn't know about Stroman, but makes me even more irritated with him once I found out.

Height doesn't measure heart...???? Who is going to buy this shit? How many Theron Fleurys and Muggsy Bogues are there left out there that this will appeal to? Is this for short guys to help them with their online dating profiles when they are caught lying about their height? The only smart thing is he probably saves on material costs since the only sizes he can offer are S, XS and XXS.

I can already see how this went down. His friends, family, agent, whoever else is close to him said that this was a stupid idea. Doubly stupid in light of losing the Nike contract, leaving guaranteed money on the table. Stroman's response? "I'll show them" or something where he can portray himself once again as a fighting underdog who is going to overcome all obstacles. Stroman is neither a businessman nor an experienced fashion designer. He throws baseballs really fast and with good movement. Pretty easy to overcome being 5'9 when you can throw baseballs better than 99.9999993% of the population out there and that is a well-paid skill in this society.

This guy is destined to be penniless and walking the streets of Toronto two years after he retires. What a fucking moron.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick_Pole For This Useful Post:

Brownie19 (01-01-2018)

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    Yep, minimal risk. If nothing else they can have an FBI themed day at AAA when Ji-Man Choi is signed!
    what's the harm in offer 1.5 mil on a guaranteed deal. Seems like he might be worth a flyer.

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Another thing I wish I didn't know about Stroman, but makes me even more irritated with him once I found out.

Height doesn't measure heart...???? Who is going to buy this shit? How many Theron Fleurys and Muggsy Bogues are there left out there that this will appeal to? Is this for short guys to help them with their online dating profiles when they are caught lying about their height? The only smart thing is he probably saves on material costs since the only sizes he can offer are S, XS and XXS.

I can already see how this went down. His friends, family, agent, whoever else is close to him said that this was a stupid idea. Doubly stupid in light of losing the Nike contract, leaving guaranteed money on the table. Stroman's response? "I'll show them" or something where he can portray himself once again as a fighting underdog who is going to overcome all obstacles. Stroman is neither a businessman nor an experienced fashion designer. He throws baseballs really fast and with good movement. Pretty easy to overcome being 5'9 when you can throw baseballs better than 99.9999993% of the population out there and that is a well-paid skill in this society.

This guy is destined to be penniless and walking the streets of Toronto two years after he retires. What a fucking moron.
    you're so much better than stro..lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,467 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saskjayfan View Post
    you're so much better than stro..lol
    Thanks for the useful contribution. Good to see that your 2018 is off to a shining start like your 2017, 2016 etc.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick_Pole For This Useful Post:

KingKat (01-02-2018)

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 747 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intentional wok View Post
    Nobody is going to want his HDMH stuff after he's retired, or even if his career goes sideways. I could be wrong, but I bet Nike are throwing a lot more steady money at him than his brand will ever pull in. Or he could have dialed back his brand a bit and still accepted Nike's cash. The goal here is to make as much money is possible, so all his chest beating just makes him look astronomically stupid.
    But HDMH is his own brand so I'm sure there is a level of attachment he has to that over Nike. Whether he was smart to fuck with his Nike deal in order to push his own stuff is a different story, but can't knock the guy for trying to make a side hustle when he knows people will buy his shit if he promotes it. The fact that his career and "brand" has a shelf life is probably more reason to go all in while the money is available to him, at least in his mind.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to glory For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (01-01-2018)