Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 131 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,096 of 2237

Thread: General 2018 Blue Jays Discussion Thread

Just Drafted
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Danger View Post
    Still think they should give Jordan Romero a shot over the Biagini experiment... It was his day to pitch yesterday.... I truly feel this team has better players in the minors then on our MLB roster.

If it was really about putting the best talent on the field and not options, contracts, and service time, Morales would be DFAd, VG would be up, as would Romano or Shawn Reid-Foley...Grichuk would be an after thought ad Jansen would be up.. I also think LGJ would do ok if given more playing time in the Show.
    Who do you cut for Jansen? Catcher position is what it is. Russ going nowhere and Luke doing a fine job backing up.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iceman View Post
    Who do you cut for Jansen? Catcher position is what it is. Russ going nowhere and Luke doing a fine job backing up.
    Urena is not needed.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iceman View Post
    The point of my post was that if you do not take into consideration contracts etc, then we do not have the best team available on the field. If Martin had his numbers, even with his game calling and he was making ML minimum and had options, you bet your ass he would be down in AAA and it would be Maile and Jansen. Same concept as Morales..

EDIT: Just checked.. Jansen hitting 311, IF you divide that in half (50%) at the ML level he would be batting .155

Martin is batting .177... below 300 OBP and a 670 OPS, basically the lowest of all stats on the team. EXCEPT for.. Our buddy Kendry Morales..
    Last edited by Carlos Danger; 05-15-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Hi Guys

Jeff Blair on baseball central today discussed the possibility of turning Nate Pearson into a closer with Kevin Barker. The two went on to discuss how that maybe the best role for Pearson.

What do you guys think? I for one would be outraged if we took an ace potentiol arm and turned him into a closer then again I don't argue to have the same expertise as a former big league and A man who has been covering baseball for 3 decades

Thanks
    Thanked 2,720 Times in 1,671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Danger View Post
    EDIT: Just checked.. Jansen hitting 311, IF you divide that in half (50%) at the ML level he would be batting .155
    I don't know if the Jays' analytics department reads this board but if they do I'm sure you can be expecting a call about a potential job any day now.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

Boxcar (05-16-2018),Deadpool (05-15-2018),Eddiek19 (05-17-2018),John_Havok (05-15-2018),Orgfiller (05-15-2018),P2F (05-15-2018),Pendleton (05-15-2018),Spanky99 (05-15-2018),TheHurl (05-15-2018),vdubmvp (05-15-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,734 Times in 1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AledmysDiaz View Post
    Hi Guys

Jeff Blair on baseball central today discussed the possibility of turning Nate Pearson into a closer with Kevin Barker. The two went on to discuss how that maybe the best role for Pearson.

What do you guys think? I for one would be outraged if we took an ace potentiol arm and turned him into a closer then again I don't argue to have the same expertise as a former big league and A man who has been covering baseball for 3 decades
    Lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,014 Posts
    Hi Guys

It is stupid. But isn't that essentially what we did with Fists Osuna?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,826 Times in 6,775 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    I don't know if the Jays' analytics department reads this board but if they do I'm sure you can be expecting a call about a potential job any day now.
    Quote Originally Posted by L54 View Post
    Lol

Thanks
    we having a gdt? or is the game even getting in today

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,530 Times in 1,490 Posts
    Hi Guys

I think listening to anything Blair and Barker say about prospect development is about as smart as jumping into a swimming pool filled with double edged razor blades.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,530 Times in 1,490 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    The difference being.... Osuna had only 129 innings of injury filled minor league ball under his belt over 4 seasosn, including a TJ surgery, so his decision was probably largely based on health rather than a lack of belief in his stuff. His numbers when he pitched as a starter were always pretty good.

There's 0 reason to think Pearson needs to be relegated to a pen arm after 21 innings and a freak line drive injury
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks
    Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,574 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    I don't think Pearson is the guy to do it with but I've come around on converting a prospect to relieving quicker. Bradley went from a two win starter to a 2 win reliever. Relievers are still better cost controlled in arbitration but we've seen what legit value they hold.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 1,042 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    I don't think Pearson is the guy to do it with but I've come around on converting a prospect to relieving quicker. Bradley went from a two win starter to a 2 win reliever. Relievers are still better cost controlled in arbitration but we've seen what legit value they hold.
    I see your point, yet Pearson is one of the last prospects I'd think of to make the conversion - just because he looks like the result of a lab project intended to design a durable starting pitcher.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pendleton For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (05-15-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,574 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendleton View Post
    I see your point, yet Pearson is one of the last prospects I'd think of to make the conversion - just because he looks like the result of a lab project intended to design a durable starting pitcher.
    Yeah I think SRF fits better for that kind of role. Even if it's a 2 inning 6, 7 or 8th guy. Maximize his value. Tougher to do when the team has struggling starters. I'm just saying I've come around to converting prospects to relievers while they still have options rather than after they fully fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 1,805 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aledmysdiaz View Post
    hi guys

jeff blair on baseball central today discussed the possibility of turning nate pearson into a closer with kevin barker. The two went on to discuss how that maybe the best role for pearson.

What do you guys think? I for one would be outraged if we took an ace potentiol arm and turned him into a closer then again i don't argue to have the same expertise as a former big league and a man who has been covering baseball for 3 decades
    TROW HARRD!!! CLOSER!!!!
    /cf
    Deadpool is Right counter: 39
    Follow Blamethrower on Spotify

Thanks
    Thanked 8,826 Times in 6,775 Posts
    Injury updates from Shi Davidi...

Tulowitzki...

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spanky99 For This Useful Post:

Bobthe4th (05-16-2018),bones10 (05-16-2018),jerb (05-16-2018),Pendleton (05-16-2018)