Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: General 2018 Blue Jays Discussion Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,506 Times in 987 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    Expect plenty of mouth breathers and neckbeards. They will be ready to go with pitchforks and bring back AA signs if Atkins/Shapiro don't sign Lorenzo Cain or trade for Christian Yellich by that event.
    Wife phoned and only 15,000 tickets sold. Spread over the field and the 100 level - that actually shouldn't be too bad really.

Big Leaguer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    85 seems optimistic for an old team that lacks depth everywhere but middle infield

The other advantage of a clearly sub .500 season is the unloading before the deadline will take place. A .500 team would be the worst outcome.
    Fangraphs has them at 83, only one spot out of the playoffs.

The projections take into account age and depth...

Or do you think fangraphs forgot to put in aging curves and depth charts?? If so let them know, so they can correct the mistake. They have some really good programmers and if you can point them to the right aging curve and depth chart they can improve their projections.
    If we don't win this year we'll win next year, if we don't win next year we'll win the year after that.

Big Leaguer
    Thanks
    85 seems optimistic for an old team that lacks depth everywhere but middle infield

The other advantage of a clearly sub .500 season is the unloading before the deadline will take place. A .500 team would be the worst outcome.
    The offseason isn't over yet. This is the type of team where adding 5 wins has huge value... easier said then done, but if they can get to an 88 projection that would put them right in the wild card, and AL east fight.
    If we don't win this year we'll win next year, if we don't win next year we'll win the year after that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,506 Times in 987 Posts
    Olerud363 - you're trying to talk sense into Todd and Jim. You'd probably have more success trying to solve who the Zodiak killer is.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,125 Times in 1,525 Posts

They have depth in the OF and C. Problem is they don't have much impact talent on the position player side. And the pen outside Osuna is horrible.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Olerud363 View Post
    Fangraphs has them at 83, only one spot out of the playoffs.

The projections take into account age and depth...

Or do you think fangraphs forgot to put in aging curves and depth charts?? If so let them know, so they can correct the mistake. They have some really good programmers and if you can point them to the right aging curve and depth chart they can improve their projections.
    I know they do that, and I know there will be other additions made. Regardless of the relatively minor additions to come, still of the opinion this team is middle of the road or worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,637 Times in 2,944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    They have depth in the OF and C. Problem is they don't have much impact talent on the position player side. And the pen outside Osuna is horrible.
    I disagree on the bullpen. It's not elite but it's not horrible either.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 704 Posts
    The Jays have pretty good depth across the board from the position player side. A major difference over the past two seasons is that a lot of the depth are actual prospects, which at least adds a bit of upside, to go along with the more established performance of someone like Solarte. A lot will depend on how good their starting position players are.

Where they lack depth is in the rotation, and that's going to hurt a lot if they insist on starting the season with Biagini as the 5th starter. They need to add at least one SP option, even if it's Brett Anderson or some rec project like Chris Tillman. Build up as much depth as possible.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,978 Times in 3,815 Posts
    So I missed that Orgfiller had accepted my trade yesterday before I accepted Nafro's trade today so I most definitely have enough 2018 picks now.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    So I missed that Orgfiller had accepted my trade yesterday before I accepted Nafro's trade today so I most definitely have enough 2018 picks now.
    I don't think this was supposed to go here

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendleton View Post
    I don't think this was supposed to go here
    Nope, and I don't think you have responded to my BORED trade offers. Or did you just laugh and hit delete?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.