Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Jays Trade for Yangervis Solarte

Thanks
    Thanked 1,867 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    I don't care what many of you think, we're a WC threat like other clubs, save for injuries, we're not as bad as you folks entail. It's depressing folk think otherwise. The industry call us a contender, why can't you? AS OF NOW... of course.

Edit: What exactly is wrong with being a contender for a PO position?
    I disagree Spanky. I think we will pitch well and the bullpen will be solid. But as is this team will continue to struggle to score runs without an impact bat. This team doesn't get on base enough. We have way to many low on base guys in our lineup.

Thanks
    This season is important as it determines whether a rebuild happens or not.

For me itís all about whether some prospects can establish themselves, and ensuring we have a strong core for Bo and Vlad to join. A wildcard would be a bonus for this year, but not a necessity IMO.

Depending on whether the team is sold or not, we could be in a great position to add one or two expensive free agents from the 2019 gold mine free agency to quickly be a top club again. Rogers has shown in the last few years that the money is there to improve the team if competing is a realistic goal.

However, if people like Hernandez, Alford and Gurriel have bad years, and people like Travis, Sanchez, Stroman and Osuna miss significant time with injuries, we have a losing season and end up in a full rebuild.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 901 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    This season is important as it determines whether a rebuild happens or not.

For me it’s all about whether some prospects can establish themselves, and ensuring we have a strong core for Bo and Vlad to join. A wildcard would be a bonus for this year, but not a necessity IMO.

Depending on whether the team is sold or not, we could be in a great position to add one or two expensive free agents from the 2019 gold mine free agency to quickly be a top club again. Rogers has shown in the last few years that the money is there to improve the team if competing is a realistic goal.

However, if people like Hernandez, Alford and Gurriel have bad years, and people like Travis, Sanchez, Stroman and Osuna miss significant time with injuries, we have a losing season and end up in a full rebuild.
    I guess I differ in that I think it's clear that a rebuild is already necessary.

But if it takes one more season to be really sure then so be it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Krylian For This Useful Post:

Bobthe4th (01-08-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    I guess I differ in that I think it's clear that a rebuild is already necessary.

But if it takes one more season to be really sure then so be it.
    Yeah, I'm optimistic that at least a few prospects will make it. If this season is OK and Vlad and Bo are ready at some point in 2019 we could be very good again in less than 2 years with sensible additions.

I can't see any way that happens if we started a rebuild now, and if a rebuild starts in 6-12 months, I don't really think it'll significantly delay the length of a rebuild. Although some players will be worth less in trades (noticeably JD) I think it's worth the risk waiting rather than starting a rebuild right now when there is still a reasonable chance it will be unnecessary.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,512 Times in 991 Posts
    Last edited by Brownie19; 01-08-2018 at 05:34 PM.