• BOS 0
    ATL 0
    Pre-Game
    1:05 PM ET
  • NYY 0
    LAA 0
    Pre-Game
    1:05 PM ET
  • TB
    BAL
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • DET
    CWS
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • CLE
    HOU
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • MIA
    WSH
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • PIT
    STL
    Preview
    1:35 PM ET
  • PHI
    TOR
    Preview
    1:35 PM ET
  • MIL
    NYM
    Preview
    2:10 PM ET
  • TEX
    KC
    Preview
    3:05 PM ET
  • COL
    CIN
    Preview
    3:10 PM ET
  • OAK
    ARI
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • SEA
    MIN
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • LAD
    SD
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • CHC
    SF
    Preview
    8:08 PM ET
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 35

Thread: Rangers sign Russell Martin

  1. #1
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 36 Times in 35 Posts

    Rangers sign Russell Martin

    The famous Glasgow Rangers signed A certain Russell Martin Yesterday.
    Thought that might wake a few of you up.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,258
    Thanks
    4,044
    Thanked 5,334 Times in 3,375 Posts
    Gross, a soccer post from not even one of the more recognized leagues. Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

  3. #3
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,848
    Thanks
    3,904
    Thanked 4,692 Times in 3,158 Posts
    I have a feeling you will be picking a number in the near future.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to jays4life19 For This Useful Post:

    TheHurl (01-17-2018)

  5. #4
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    44,832
    Thanks
    45,929
    Thanked 8,839 Times in 6,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by polar bear View Post
    The famous Glasgow Rangers signed A certain Russell Martin Yesterday.
    Thought that might wake a few of you up.
    Cool story, bro!

  6. #5
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 36 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Cool story, bro!
    I knew I could count on you Sparky.

  7. #6
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    44,832
    Thanks
    45,929
    Thanked 8,839 Times in 6,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by polar bear View Post
    I knew I could count on you Sparky.
    Hnnngghhh...

  8. #7
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12,778
    Thanks
    999
    Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,574 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by polar bear View Post
    I knew I could count on you Sparky.
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    I have a feeling you will be picking a number in the near future.

    mostly because of the title fail of "sign". As Russell Martin was actually loaned to the Glasgow Rangers (as any good Anti-Catholic would know) he could have said "Sent to the Rangers" and it would have been much better clickbait and disappointment. If you are going to troll do it right ... I'm sure that is someone's motto.

    Because of that I'm going to bring back the wheel for this one. You have 2 hours to pick a number between 1 and 40, or I will allow J4L to pick one for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to TheHurl For This Useful Post:

    Pendleton (01-17-2018)

  10. #8
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,216
    Thanks
    2,377
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 5,444 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    mostly because of the title fail of "sign". As Russell Martin was actually loaned to the Glasgow Rangers (as any good Anti-Catholic would know) he could have said "Sent to the Rangers" and it would have been much better clickbait and disappointment. If you are going to troll do it right ... I'm sure that is someone's motto.

    Because of that I'm going to bring back the wheel for this one. You have 2 hours to pick a number between 1 and 40, or I will allow J4L to pick one for you.
    Not only that, but even if this was legit, the Rangers can't sign Martin because he's already under contract. It's shitty wording all around.

    As far as trolls go, 1.5/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Can't wait to meet the new Matt Olson(s)!

  11. #9
    Big Leaguer Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    3,131
    Thanks
    430
    Thanked 852 Times in 594 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    mostly because of the title fail of "sign". As Russell Martin was actually loaned to the Glasgow Rangers (as any good Anti-Catholic would know) he could have said "Sent to the Rangers" and it would have been much better clickbait and disappointment. If you are going to troll do it right ... I'm sure that is someone's motto.

    Because of that I'm going to bring back the wheel for this one. You have 2 hours to pick a number between 1 and 40, or I will allow J4L to pick one for you.
    The title fooled me and no one in the UK would ever say "sent to the Rangers" when referring to the Scottish Russell Martin.

    UK teams are singular i.e. it would be "loaned to Rangers".

  12. #10
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,848
    Thanks
    3,904
    Thanked 4,692 Times in 3,158 Posts
    I'll give polar bear a chance to participate in the banning game and if not, I will post a number within the time frame.

  13. #11
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12,778
    Thanks
    999
    Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,574 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Not only that, but even if this was legit, the Rangers can't sign Martin because he's already under contract. It's shitty wording all around.

    As far as trolls go, 1.5/10.
    Pretty much what I implied with my post but I always appreciate a Boxy clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to TheHurl For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (01-17-2018)

  15. #12
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12,778
    Thanks
    999
    Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,574 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    The title fooled me and no one in the UK would ever say "sent to the Rangers" when referring to the Scottish Russell Martin.

    UK teams are singular i.e. it would be "loaned to Rangers".
    He could have wrote the whole thing Glesga style as well (or Glaswegian to some), it's still a bad troll. Now away an bile yer heid
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to TheHurl For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (01-17-2018)

  17. #13
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    6,287
    Thanks
    2,044
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 1,144 Posts
    This is the 12th unnecessary response guys. Get the key out.

  18. #14
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,848
    Thanks
    3,904
    Thanked 4,692 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    This is the 12th unnecessary response guys. Get the key out.
    We're trying to play the wheel of banning. so STFU.

    _____

    Polar Bear chooses number #13. I cannot wait any longer for him.

  19. #15
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,216
    Thanks
    2,377
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 5,444 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    Pretty much what I implied with my post but I always appreciate a Boxy clarification
    I will confess that I only ever read the first sentence of any of your posts. I am like the Jimcanuck to your news story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Can't wait to meet the new Matt Olson(s)!

  20. #16
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12,778
    Thanks
    999
    Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,574 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    We're trying to play the wheel of banning. so STFU.

    _____

    Polar Bear chooses number #13. I cannot wait any longer for him.
    And the 13th number is 1. Polar Bear will have a 1 day ban. Thank you for playing the Wheel of Mods

    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.



  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheHurl For This Useful Post:

    Gen.Disarray (01-17-2018),jays4life19 (01-17-2018),o2cui2i (01-18-2018),Pendleton (01-17-2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •