Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Baseball America Farm System rankings. Jays are ranked 7th

Thanks
    Thanked 8,190 Times in 6,298 Posts
    Sooo are Org ranks so far...

BA - 7th
    MLB - 8th
    K-Law - 17th *lulz*
    BP - Likely 10-12 as they're usually Pitcher heavy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    Boxcar
    Bitch on xanax causing ass rashes

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysfan2014 View Post
    Boston at #24 is no surprise--with all the graduations, Boston is going to end up having to make some hard decisions in the next year or two, as much of their core is approaching free agency.

Kimbrel, Kelly, Pomeranz and HanRam are free agents at season's end--and in Kimbrel and Pomeranz's sake, they could be well beyond what Boston can afford--though getting rid of HanRam would actually be a positive, as he's basically useless at this point in his career--eventually, Michael Chavis will likely take over the 1B job (or 3B if Devers does not last at the position due to defense). Losing Pomeranz, Kelly and Kimbrel WILL hurt--as they have little pitching depth in the system, as much of it was dealt away.

2019 is the real cliff--Porcello, Sale and Bogaerts are gone after that season, and Sale could command $30-35M+/year if he stays healthy.. and it's not certain the Red Sox ownership will give that kind of money, even being a tax-paying team, as by the end of 2019, they will once again approach the 50% penalty on the luxury tax.

The only real prospect in the system is Jay Groome.. and he's still a lottery ticket at this point. Most of the rest of the system doesn't project to be MLB regulars at this point.
    My schadenfreude is getting a semi...

Thanks
    Atlanta at #1--well deserved. Especially with Ronald Acuna in the system, who will likely be up by May (likely to be kept down for a few weeks for service time issues.) and all those pitching prospects. Now if they could start winning at the MLB level.. but they're likely looking at 2019 for contention, when the Nats go in a significant decline when Harper leaves via free agency, Mets are still a joke, and who knows about Philly.. and of course, the Marlins are going to be bad for some time..

Thanks
    Thanked 6,072 Times in 3,461 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Really, the Rays ahead of us? I dunno about that. Vlad + Bo + Alford > Honeywell + Adames + whatever else they got.
    Fantasy wise it's 100% true. Real baseball life, having multiple players (some with pretty big ceilings too) is pretty valuable. Especially a team like the Rays who are never going to be able to get their 3+ WAR players in free agency (not that the Jays chase that either). I mean if you think Vlad and Bo are going to be Trout and Altuve, no farm is going to compare even if they have 15 50 grades. Now if they end up Sano and Trea Turner (two very nice assets that probably have not reached their peak) it's a different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    I don't think they are more stacked than us. Bichette is way better than Adames, Alford is equal to Sanchez, Pearson is as good as any pitcher they have behind Honeywell. McKay might be a two-way but only 50 OFP at both, not really that exciting at the moment. Vlad beats them all into pulp tho.
    We don't have Tobias Myers, bro.

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    I hate the fucking Yankees. Young studs everywhere on the MLB roster and they still have an amazing farm system.

I've underrated Cashman and company. After the sell off they did very, very well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SaskJaysFan_2 For This Useful Post:

BlueJayWay (02-03-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,072 Times in 3,461 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaskJaysFan_2 View Post
    I hate the fucking Yankees. Young studs everywhere on the MLB roster and they still have an amazing farm system.

I've underrated Cashman and company. After the sell off they did very, very well.
    I think it's pretty obvious now that Cashman, at points in his career had to deal with a very different ownership style.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SaskJaysFan_2 View Post

Yeah. It sucks that, while the Jays are ranked 7th in all of MLB, two of the six teams in front of them are in their own division...and one of those is the freaking Yankees, who are already good at the major league level. Gah.