ARI 4
    In Progress
    Bottom 7th
  • SD 1
    SEA 3
    In Progress
    Top 8th
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jays single game tickets on sale today - anyone trying?

Just Drafted
    Thanks

Jays single game tickets on sale today - anyone trying?

(Inside Pitch presale - wasn't announced ahead of time)
    Anyone else trying to buy? Anyone else annoyed that its not letting you select your seats yourself? And that it says "online offer only" - i.e. they wont let you call in and order? Anyone know if it will change to letting you pick your seats later today / tomorrow?
    Thanks!

Just Drafted
    Thanks
    FYI you can now select your preferred seats - I was happy with the 500 level selection - got infield first 5 rows for every game I wanted. What's going on - is there not a frenzy to see this World Series-bound team this year? (lol)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,075 Times in 3,463 Posts
    bnnguy = Blue Jay Ticket Broker guy
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    bnnguy = Blue Jay Ticket Broker guy
    Looks that way. Why not just be open about it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,093 Posts
    Got a pair for Opening Day - Sec 235, Row 2 and aisle seats!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,025 Posts
    I'm thinking of getting some tickets vs. the Yanks this year (July 8th weekend and possibly the opening day weekend). Last year I bought single game tickets the day they opened and generally got shit seats for a fair price. I expect attendance will be down this year and thus think I should be able to get better tickets for the same fair price off Stubhub.

My concern is that regardless of how shitty the Jays are this year, the Yanks will always be a hot ticket and thus if I wait and buy off Stubhub, I'll end up paying a lot more.

Thoughts?

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysblue View Post
    Got a pair for Opening Day - Sec 235, Row 2 and aisle seats!
    Has a half decent pair even been available for the Opener during the general "single game tickets" sale in the preceding 5 years?

Just Drafted
    Thanks
    Go through the ticket-buying process and see if you like the available tickets and price, and if you do, buy them. If you don't, then hold off. You're right, waiting for later to buy off Stubhub can be a crapshoot. Chances are the season isnt a writeoff and bandwagon empty by July 8, so likely wont be bargains for good seats for popular games.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bnnguy View Post
    Go through the ticket-buying process and see if you like the available tickets and price, and if you do, buy them. If you don't, then hold off. You're right, waiting for later to buy off Stubhub can be a crapshoot. Chances are the season isnt a writeoff and bandwagon empty by July 8, so likely wont be bargains for good seats for popular games.
    The tickets left are shit. I'm waiting.

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    There still appears to be a shitload of tickets available for the Opener & Canada Day games ... which, I think, have been instant sell outs in the past. Perhaps an ominous sign of a significant drop off in attendance this season which Shapiro publicly admitted plays a role in the path the FO pursues.

Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    There still appears to be a shitload of tickets available for the Opener & Canada Day games ... which, I think, have been instant sell outs in the past. Perhaps an ominous sign of a significant drop off in attendance this season which Shapiro publicly admitted plays a role in the path the FO pursues.
    I wouldn't expect more than 30,000K average at the ball park this year, and rightfully so.

If the Franchise is pretty much staying status quo to last year (Need a lot of things to go right to compete for a playoff spot), why should fans pay more to see the ball games. TV numbers will decline as well. Both Raptors and Leafs could have deep playoff runs, and play playoff games on opposing nights.

2015 and 2016 were unique years in that the Leafs were not that great. Now we are facing a situation where the most loved team in the City, has an elite player and a number of other stars. Matthews, Marner, and Company will be the talk of the town for the next few years. The NBA team might be the best team in its conference.

This could be the correct strategy on baseball terms, I think we can all agree that this was the best strategy baseball wise, but was raising prices in what is likely going to be a down year a good business strategy? I think the business side of things could be way off here,

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AledmysDiaz View Post
    I wouldn't expect more than 30,000K average at the ball park this year, and rightfully so.

If the Franchise is pretty much staying status quo to last year (Need a lot of things to go right to compete for a playoff spot), why should fans pay more to see the ball games. TV numbers will decline as well. Both Raptors and Leafs could have deep playoff runs, and play playoff games on opposing nights.

2015 and 2016 were unique years in that the Leafs were not that great. Now we are facing a situation where the most loved team in the City, has an elite player and a number of other stars. Matthews, Marner, and Company will be the talk of the town for the next few years. The NBA team might be the best team in its conference.

This could be the correct strategy on baseball terms, I think we can all agree that this was the best strategy baseball wise, but was raising prices in what is likely going to be a down year a good business strategy? I think the business side of things could be way off here,
    I agree with you about the Leafs & Raptors likely hurting Jays attendance in the Spring as well as the brutal optics of a 17% (or whatever it is) ticket price increase across the board following a disastrous season.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 1,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AledmysDiaz View Post

I think for the early games in the year there will definitely be people rather watching the Raps and Leafs. But from like June on there is no other sports besides TFC which play like 2 games/month so there really isn't much else to do instead.

I know I have a lot of friends that aren't really even baseball fans but want to go to games during the summer so I can't see attendance dropping too much.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,075 Times in 3,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    They have made it so hard to get those through packages.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    They have made it so hard to get those through packages.
    I'm not sure what you mean by that. If fans wants to buy tickets to just (say) the Opener and/or Canada Day game, aren't they able to proceed with their "single game ticket" purchase right now?

Thanks
    You mean I can still pay money to go sit amongst the frat boys who'll be piss drunk and won't watch a lick of the game? You're saying I still have the opportunity to sit beside some asshole who'll be loudly going on about how stupid Shaktins is for releasing Goins, not trading for Stanton (ya know, because the package they gave up wasn't that good) and for being too cheap to sign JD Martinez to a 7 year, $225M deal because "it's not his money" and this Grichuk guy they got is shit...before he proceeds to get up 12 times during the game to get more beer + piss because he's too impatient to wait for the beer guy to come around. Sounds amazing.

The ONLY reason I'd go to opening day is to see the Doc tribute live. But fuck, crying in public beside that asshole would be the worst. I'll cry on my couch thank you very much.

(I was going to make a comment on how the asshole would complain we didn't sign Ohtani, but let's be honest, he has no idea who that is).

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie19 For This Useful Post:

bnnguy (02-12-2018)