• BOS 0
    ATL 3
    In Progress
    Bottom 2nd
  • NYY 0
    LAA 0
    In Progress
    Bottom 1st
  • TB 1
    BAL 3
    In Progress
    Top 2nd
  • DET 1
    CWS 0
    In Progress
    Bottom 2nd
  • CLE 2
    HOU 1
    In Progress
    Middle 2nd
  • MIA 0
    WSH 0
    In Progress
    Bottom 2nd
  • PIT 0
    STL 0
    In Progress
    Top 1st
  • PHI 0
    TOR 0
    Warmup
    1:35 PM ET
  • MIL 0
    NYM 0
    Pre-Game
    2:10 PM ET
  • TEX 0
    KC 0
    Pre-Game
    3:05 PM ET
  • COL
    CIN
    Preview
    3:10 PM ET
  • OAK
    ARI
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • SEA
    MIN
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • LAD
    SD
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • CHC
    SF
    Preview
    8:08 PM ET
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 33 to 48 of 734

Thread: 2018 Spring Training Thread

  1. #33
    MVP Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,339
    Thanks
    2,531
    Thanked 2,720 Times in 1,671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by art_vandelay275 View Post
    Biagini has slimmed down quite a bit
    Best shape of his life. Primed for a big season.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

    Deadpool (02-15-2018)

  3. #34
    Just Drafted
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Looking at those pics and the first thing that bugs me is Stro wearing a Dukes hat. Put on a damn Jays hat like everyone else

  4. #35
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    13,277
    Thanks
    852
    Thanked 3,118 Times in 2,313 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AGL_91 View Post
    Looking at those pics and the first thing that bugs me is Stro wearing a Dukes hat. Put on a damn Jays hat like everyone else
    He's not in uniform at all there. That picture probably wasn't taken during an official workout.

  5. #36
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,038
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 1,492 Times in 906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    So what's everyone's early pen prediction?
    Osuna
    Biagini
    Loup
    Tepera
    Barnes
    Liriano
    Hutchison
    (or equivalent type of players not yet on the roster for those last two)

  6. #37
    Just Drafted
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    He's not in uniform at all there. That picture probably wasn't taken during an official workout.
    Every workout is a official workout once you report to spring training, esp when your at the Jays facility. It would be different if he was wearing a jays warm up jacket and maybe was wearing a eagles hat, or if he was wearing his duke hate because it was March madness already. Im not saying that he is going to run town, but it does say something about the guy

  7. #38
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,038
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 1,492 Times in 906 Posts
    I like how in two different threads members are complaining about two completely unrelated aspects of Stroman's douchiness shown through his wardrobe choices...on day one of Spring Training.

    Fuck the Tulo injury meme, this is going to be the meme of the year. Either Stroman has been really stepping it up a notch, or I have just been noticing it more.

  8. #39
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,015
    Thanks
    252
    Thanked 191 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AGL_91 View Post
    Every workout is a official workout once you report to spring training, esp when your at the Jays facility. It would be different if he was wearing a jays warm up jacket and maybe was wearing a eagles hat, or if he was wearing his duke hate because it was March madness already. I’m not saying that he is going to run town, but it does say something about the guy
    Who gives a shit lol

  9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to baseballsss For This Useful Post:

    Deadpool (02-15-2018),LetTheBallFly (02-15-2018),Orgfiller (02-15-2018),SirBJay (02-15-2018),Spanky99 (02-15-2018)

  10. #40
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9,139
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 843 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Osuna
    Biagini
    Loup
    Tepera
    Barnes
    Liriano
    Hutchison
    (or equivalent type of players not yet on the roster for those last two)
    i suspect the jays would rather a young promising guy like ramirez or mayza get big league reps than liriano.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

  11. #41
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,038
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 1,492 Times in 906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    i suspect the jays would rather a young promising guy like ramirez or mayza get big league reps than liriano.
    I dunno, is there such a thing as "young and promising" when we speak about relievers? If we're talking about guys who have already been relegated to the pen from the minors, unless they are at Osuna level, I'm assuming they are all pretty much replaceable cogs in the eyes of the organization. Unless you're coming from the angle that not one penny above the minimum should be spent on pen arms.

  12. #42
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9,139
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 843 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    I dunno, is there such a thing as "young and promising" when we speak about relievers? If we're talking about guys who have already been relegated to the pen from the minors, unless they are at Osuna level, I'm assuming they are all pretty much replaceable cogs in the eyes of the organization. Unless you're coming from the angle that not one penny above the minimum should be spent on pen arms.
    i believe the FO moves indicate a plan to build the team to contend ~2020. And use the next few seasons to give in-house options the opportunity to get MLB experience and show what they are capable of. Ramirez for example with additional MLB experience may prove himself a solid MLB BP piece, that 2017 was no fluke - that he is someone to be relied on when Bo and Vlad join the show. A guy like Liriano reduces the opportunities available for these guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

  13. #43
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    13,277
    Thanks
    852
    Thanked 3,118 Times in 2,313 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Osuna
    Biagini
    Loup
    Tepera
    Barnes
    Liriano
    Hutchison
    (or equivalent type of players not yet on the roster for those last two)
    I kinda feel like if we sign Liriano, it would be as a starter rather than in the pen. I wouldn't be opposed to either though.

  14. #44
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,038
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 1,492 Times in 906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    i believe the FO moves indicate a plan to build the team to contend ~2020. And use the next few seasons to give in-house options the opportunity to get MLB experience and show what they are capable of. Ramirez for example with additional MLB experience may prove himself a solid MLB BP piece, that 2017 was no fluke - that he is someone to be relied on when Bo and Vlad join the show. A guy like Liriano reduces the opportunities available for these guys.
    A rebuttal to that could be that if the Jays have excess payroll available, they might as well spend it on someone like Liriano to hopefully build up his value. And if the team is out of it in July, trade him and try to extract some reasonable prospects in exchange for eating his salary like they have done twice already.

  15. #45
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9,139
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 843 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    A rebuttal to that could be that if the Jays have excess payroll available, they might as well spend it on someone like Liriano to hopefully build up his value. And if the team is out of it in July, trade him and try to extract some reasonable prospects in exchange for eating his salary like they have done twice already.
    Sure, thats another option. It may be why they signed Grandy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

  16. #46
    All Star Krylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5,595
    Thanks
    692
    Thanked 1,488 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballsss View Post
    Who gives a shit lol
    I thought it was pretty clear that he does.

  17. #47
    All Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,220
    Thanks
    409
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 765 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    So what's everyone's early pen prediction?

    I'm feeling:

    Osuna
    Biagini
    Loup
    Tepera
    Barnes
    Petricka
    Breslow

    Pretty gross
    If Guerrieri is going to be used primarily as a reliever instead of a starter, then I think he makes the team assuming his arm is still attached to his body. I think the Jays add a starter and put Biagini in the Bisons rotation to start the year.

    Osuna
    Tepera
    Barnes
    Loup
    ----------
    Petricka
    Guerrieri
    Dermody/Mayza (to get a 2nd lefty in there)

  18. #48
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,258
    Thanks
    4,045
    Thanked 5,334 Times in 3,375 Posts
    Tim Mayza is definitely making the team out of ST. That guy is going to be elite.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •