• PIT 6
    DET 8
    In Progress
    Middle 5th
  • PIT
    DET
    Preview
    3:33 AM ET
  • HOU 5
    LAA 2
    Final
    2:10 PM ET
  • CWS 3
    SEA 4
    Final
    2:10 PM ET
  • COL 5
    SD 1
    In Progress
    Bottom 8th
  • SF 2
    WSH 10
    In Progress
    Top 7th
  • NYY 0
    MIN 0
    Pre-Game
    6:35 PM ET
  • CIN 0
    ATL 0
    Pre-Game
    6:40 PM ET
  • PHI 0
    ARI 0
    Pre-Game
    7:05 PM ET
  • BAL 0
    TB 0
    Pre-Game
    7:05 PM ET
  • TOR 0
    BOS 0
    Pre-Game
    7:07 PM ET
  • CLE 0
    CHC 0
    Pre-Game
    7:10 PM ET
  • LAD
    MIA
    Preview
    7:35 PM ET
  • TEX
    OAK
    Preview
    8:05 PM ET
  • KC
    MIL
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
  • STL
    NYM
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 54

Thread: 2018 Bold Predictions thread

  1. #1
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12,534
    Thanks
    978
    Thanked 6,144 Times in 3,508 Posts

    2018 Bold Predictions thread

    Had some random Bold Predictions Article posted to my social media feeds. Saw there was very little bold in it...
    http://www.sportsbreak.com/mlb/15-bo...18-mlb-season/

    but it sparked my reminder that this thread wasn't up yet. I will post some time later.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  2. #2
    Mod | DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,412
    Thanks
    3,924
    Thanked 13,642 Times in 8,087 Posts
    - Stroman has a season derailed by injury and is worth fewer than 2 fWAR.
    - The bullpen is once again a strength and top-10 in the league.
    - Morales gets 550+ PA and has a wRC+ over 110.
    - One of Solarte/Diaz has a 3+ win season and steals a starting spot going into 2019.
    - Tulo is once again worth fewer than 1 fWAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  3. #3
    Moderator Deadpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Oshawa, Ontario
    Posts
    7,852
    Thanks
    11,448
    Thanked 2,834 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    Had some random Bold Predictions Article posted to my social media feeds. Saw there was very little bold in it...
    http://www.sportsbreak.com/mlb/15-bo...18-mlb-season/

    but it sparked my reminder that this thread wasn't up yet. I will post some time later.
    Why did you make me read this? Fair warning to anyone who may click on this link, it implies that "Quality Starts" is somehow a new-fangled stat, that Eric Hosmer is a "superstar", it is REALLY REALLY enamoured with RBIs. It actually uses the phrase "hit accurately", 'cause y'know, aim those line drives, amirite?

    I mean, if you want to hate-read, this is good, but damn.
    Deadpool is Right counter: 39
    Follow Blamethrower on Spotify

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadpool For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (03-13-2018)

  5. #4
    Top 100 Prospect KevinGregg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 216 Times in 141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    - One of Solarte/Diaz has a 3+ win season and steals a starting spot going into 2019.
    - Tulo is once again worth fewer than 1 fWAR
    Devon Travis finally gets 600 PA and puts up a 6 WAR season, finishing behind only Altuve in 2B WAR

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinGregg For This Useful Post:

    Olerud363 (03-13-2018)

  7. #5
    Mod | DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,412
    Thanks
    3,924
    Thanked 13,642 Times in 8,087 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinGregg View Post
    Devon Travis finally gets 600 PA and puts up a 6 WAR season, finishing behind only Altuve in 2B WAR
    wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  8. #6
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,264
    Thanks
    3,770
    Thanked 4,550 Times in 3,045 Posts
    - Mackenzie Gore is a consensus top 10 prospect when mid season prospect lists come out.
    - Trea Turner steals 60 bags and hits 20 HR's
    - Garrett Cooper get's selected 2nd overall in one of the dynasty waiver drafts
    - Bluejays make the playoffs
    - Devon Travis makes the all star game
    - SF Giants when the world series over the Astros
    - Jon Lester rebounds and puts up a 4+ fWAR season.

  9. #7
    Mod | DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,412
    Thanks
    3,924
    Thanked 13,642 Times in 8,087 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    - Mackenzie Gore is a consensus top 10 prospect when mid season prospect lists come out.
    - Trea Turner steals 60 bags and hits 20 HR's
    - Garrett Cooper get's selected 2nd overall in one of the dynasty waiver drafts
    - Bluejays make the playoffs
    - Devon Travis makes the all star game
    - SF Giants when the world series over the Astros
    - Jon Lester rebounds and puts up a 4+ fWAR season.
    Mods please ban
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

    Abomination (03-13-2018),Dr. Dinger (03-13-2018),intentional wok (03-13-2018),P2F (03-13-2018),SirBJay (03-13-2018),Spanky99 (03-13-2018)

  11. #8
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,264
    Thanks
    3,770
    Thanked 4,550 Times in 3,045 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Mods please ban
    Rude!

  12. #9
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    564
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 42 Times in 28 Posts
    Jays finish with 75-80 wins after a subpar season from Donaldson, Smoak and Morales. The offense is once again bottom 5 in the majors

    Starting pitching is th strenght with bounce back season from Stroman and Sanchez but the team has too many issues scoring runs

    Martin, Tulo, Travis, and Grichuk all struggle with injuries. Shapiro is under pressure from fans to bring up Vlad in September but doesn't do it. Bichette drops off the map a bit but Pearson gains huge. Tellez bounes back huge

    At seasons end all of Alford Hernandez Jansen and Urena are regular contributors.

  13. #10
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    20,859
    Thanks
    3,951
    Thanked 5,175 Times in 3,277 Posts
    -Granderson + Pearce/Teoscar/others platoon puts up a 4+ win season
    -Aledmys Diaz + Solarte put up 3.5 wins covering for Tulo and Travis
    -Aaron Sanchez is healthy but complete garbage, walks for days
    -Tim Mayza establishes himself as the second/third best reliever on the team (depending on matchup). Oh is the other, instant fan favourite

    -All of LoMo/Yonder Alonso/Smoak put up 120+ wRC+ seasons again
    -Aaron Judge regresses to put up a ~115 wRC+ with a K rate hovering or surpassing 35%, his defense will be bad. Put Gary Sanchez along the same lines here. Stanton on the other hand cruises past 60 HR and is awesome again (ugh), Brandon Drury will inexplicably have a 3 win season
    -Matt Chapman is a top 5 third baseman by season's end
    -Ohtani is 2015 Trevor Bauer as a pitcher, ~75 wRC+ as a hitter with good power but ultimately overmatched and hurt by the infrequent plate appearances
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

  14. #11
    Mod | DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,412
    Thanks
    3,924
    Thanked 13,642 Times in 8,087 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    -Granderson + Pearce/Teoscar/others platoon puts up a 4+ win season
    -Aledmys Diaz + Solarte put up 3.5 wins covering for Tulo and Travis
    -Aaron Sanchez is healthy but complete garbage, walks for days
    -Tim Mayza establishes himself as the second/third best reliever on the team (depending on matchup). Oh is the other, instant fan favourite

    -All of LoMo/Yonder Alonso/Smoak put up 120+ wRC+ seasons again
    -Aaron Judge regresses to put up a ~115 wRC+ with a K rate hovering or surpassing 35%, his defense will be bad. Put Gary Sanchez along the same lines here. Stanton on the other hand cruises past 60 HR and is awesome again (ugh), Brandon Drury will inexplicably have a 3 win season
    -Matt Chapman is a top 5 third baseman by season's end
    -Ohtani is 2015 Trevor Bauer as a pitcher, ~75 wRC+ as a hitter with good power but ultimately overmatched and hurt by the infrequent plate appearances
    I think every one of these are unlikely, but plausible. Good predictions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

    Orgfiller (03-13-2018)

  16. #12
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,789
    Thanks
    2,548
    Thanked 7,030 Times in 4,426 Posts
    - Solarte & Diaz are fat and both suck
    - Aaron Judge hits fewer than 30 HR
    - Luis Severino needs TJS
    - Josh Donaldson misses 50+ games and gets less than $100M in free agency; does not re-sign with Jays
    - Vlad Jr "disappoints" in AA with a sub.-800 OPS and eats himself off 3B
    - Jays finish at exactly .500 and make no meaningful trades in either direction at the deadline

  17. #13
    MVP Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,985
    Thanks
    2,456
    Thanked 2,569 Times in 1,591 Posts
    -Teoscar Hernandez starts in the minors but ends the season with 20+ homers for the big league team
    -Diaz shines to the tune of a 3 WAR season and by the time Tulo comes back he finds himself out of a starting job
    -Randall Grichuk hits 30+ homers and provides solid defense, also turns in a 3 WAR season
    -Morales gets less than 50% of the DH ABs as Gibby turns to other options which include Pearce/Grandy/Teoscar/Tulo/Solarte to go along with resting Travis and Donaldson
    -Kevin Pillar has another solid season but gets traded midseason to make way for Anthony Alford as the starting CF
    -The bullpen sucks and is a focus at the trade deadline
    -Marco Estrada bounces back and has a sub 3.75 WAR
    -The Jays host the Wild Card game

  18. #14
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    564
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 42 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    - Solarte & Diaz are fat and both suck
    - Aaron Judge hits fewer than 30 HR
    - Luis Severino needs TJS
    - Josh Donaldson misses 50+ games and gets less than $100M in free agency; does not re-sign with Jays
    - Vlad Jr "disappoints" in AA with a sub.-800 OPS and eats himself off 3B
    - Jays finish at exactly .500 and make no meaningful trades in either direction at the deadline
    Darkest Timeline

  19. #15
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,789
    Thanks
    2,548
    Thanked 7,030 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AledmysDiaz View Post
    Darkest Timeline
    I seen some shit.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

    BTS (03-13-2018),Spanky99 (03-13-2018),TBJ12 (03-13-2018)

  21. #16
    All Star Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    4,449
    Thanks
    1,547
    Thanked 1,682 Times in 971 Posts
    Mile High Kyle is a top 50 prospect by season's end

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •