• CWS
    SEA
    Preview
    5:10 PM ET
  • CLE
    CHC
    Preview
    6:10 PM ET
  • NYY
    MIN
    Preview
    6:35 PM ET
  • CIN
    ATL
    Preview
    6:40 PM ET
  • PHI
    ARI
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • PIT
    DET
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • BAL
    TB
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    BOS
    Preview
    7:07 PM ET
  • TEX
    OAK
    Preview
    8:05 PM ET
  • HOU
    LAA
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • KC
    MIL
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
  • STL
    NYM
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
  • COL
    SD
    Preview
    8:40 PM ET
  • LAD
    MIA
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
  • SF
    WSH
    Preview
    10:15 PM ET
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 17 to 24 of 24

Thread: Things I havenít seen before

  1. #17
    Just Drafted
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    I taped the Cards/Brewers game and know it was the first time ever that a game began and ended with back 2 back home runs.

    always something new each month....

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to onwego For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (04-07-2018)

  3. #18
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    43,300
    Thanks
    44,710
    Thanked 8,594 Times in 6,604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onwego View Post
    The nuances of this game is one of the best parts of it. Great replies here, I’m still not totally convinced either way.....
    Crew Chief backed up Showalter, should've been a DP.

    Meals concurred with Showalter. "Sanchez should have been out automatically for passing Stanton," he said. "Then, Stanton had the right to come back and touch third before being tagged or be called out for abandoning his effort."

  4. #19
    Just Drafted
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Crew Chief backed up Showalter, should've been a DP.

    Meals concurred with Showalter. "Sanchez should have been out automatically for passing Stanton," he said. "Then, Stanton had the right to come back and touch third before being tagged or be called out for abandoning his effort."
    Now I can lean safely to a botched call on bad baserunning.

    Taping 3 games today, maybe something unique will happen. Yankees and Dodgers and Jays on tap.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to onwego For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (04-07-2018)

  6. #20
    All Star BigBounceyBlueBalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    SASKABUSH
    Posts
    5,053
    Thanks
    757
    Thanked 823 Times in 589 Posts
    I Donít care who said what it is not a DP
    And the running did not pass him unless he was heading too second ! The Runner running into left is out either way as the player was standing at third now had he turned and left the bag you could get him out! As for that though even if he did the runner headed to left would be out for running to far off the base bath ! with the running in third the play was a force at Home !

  7. #21
    All Star Candy Maldonado's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,720
    Thanks
    1,071
    Thanked 1,620 Times in 960 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBounceyBlueBalls View Post
    I Don’t care who said what it is not a DP
    And the running did not pass him unless he was heading too second ! The Runner running into left is out either way as the player was standing at third now had he turned and left the bag you could get him out! As for that though even if he did the runner headed to left would be out for running to far off the base bath ! with the running in third the play was a force at Home !
    Not sure what you said but I agree!!!
    #TeamSmoak
    #TeamSanchez

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Candy Maldonado For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (04-07-2018)

  9. #22
    Just Drafted
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Top of the 4th at Fenway, Adam Jones leads off with a high pop that lands fair just past first, bounces into the crevice of the top of the tarp rolled up against the wall, Jones half-jogs into the tag on the Betts toss to second.

    Eck and the new TV man say theyíve never seen this before....

    Ball disappeared from players view but didnít lodge in the tarp and was still in play.

    Ten minutes later heís confirmed out.
    Last edited by onwego; 04-13-2018 at 11:14 PM.

  10. #23
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    6,112
    Thanks
    1,988
    Thanked 1,700 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Maldonado View Post
    What the fuck is that? No player can block home plate (or any base) can they? If they could. Every fielder should be blocking the bag when the runner comes in head first.

  11. #24
    Just Drafted
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    What the fuck is that? No player can block home plate (or any base) can they? If they could. Every fielder should be blocking the bag when the runner comes in head first.
    Not sure MLB had thought this through.

    That was easily the best block Iíve ever seen apart from a catcher. Givens must practice that move.

    The larger risk is that a pitcher would be exposed to getting righteously trucked by the runner st the plate, the pitcher in an awkward stance and not focused on the runner coming in at full speed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •