• CIN
    ATL
    Preview
    12:35 PM ET
  • PIT
    DET
    Preview
    12:35 PM ET
  • PHI
    ARI
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • NYY
    MIN
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • STL
    NYM
    Preview
    1:15 PM ET
  • CLE
    SEA
    Preview
    6:10 PM ET
  • BAL
    TB
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    BOS
    Preview
    7:07 PM ET
  • CHC
    MIL
    Preview
    8:05 PM ET
  • KC
    CWS
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 17 to 32 of 37

Thread: MILB Recap April 9, 2018

  1. #17
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,182
    Thanks
    1,797
    Thanked 4,077 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Bo and Vlad trying their best to keep their stay in AA short

  2. #18
    All Star Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    4,452
    Thanks
    1,547
    Thanked 1,682 Times in 971 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    Bo and Vlad trying their best to keep their stay in AA short
    I'm considering a trip down to see a game or two when NH heads to Binghamton in a couple weeks, but at this rate maybe they'll have outgrown AA by then :P

  3. #19
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    6,131
    Thanks
    1,994
    Thanked 1,709 Times in 1,109 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdyment View Post
    Alford says hello...
    Nice to see Alford's back already. But why's he in Dunedin? Just because it's warm I assume?

  4. #20
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    43,435
    Thanks
    44,822
    Thanked 8,606 Times in 6,614 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    Nice to see Alford's back already. But why's he in Dunedin? Just because it's warm I assume?
    It's just a rehab assignment, NBD. Bison's finally got their first game in last night.

  5. #21
    All Star THANOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Bowmanville, ON
    Posts
    4,886
    Thanks
    3,871
    Thanked 553 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    Bo and Vlad trying their best to keep their stay in AA short
    They're just as killer in AA as I expected they'd be . So awesome to watch.

    I'm curious how long you guys think Shapkins will keep them in AA if they continue scorching the ball like this?

  6. #22
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    7,838
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,392 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THANOS View Post
    They're just as killer in AA as I expected they'd be . So awesome to watch.

    I'm curious how long you guys think Shapkins will keep them in AA if they continue scorching the ball like this?
    Mid to late June would be the absolute earliest, and even then there would have to be roster room opened for both of them.

    Morales would be 1 obvious punt, but the MIF situation is more complicated.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  7. #23
    All Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,129
    Thanks
    394
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THANOS View Post
    They're just as killer in AA as I expected they'd be . So awesome to watch.

    I'm curious how long you guys think Shapkins will keep them in AA if they continue scorching the ball like this?
    There's no rush to promote them so I think they will take their time.

    But man, I could see both of them starting 2019 in the bigs at the rate they are going. Not good for service time reasons but they'd probably be ready for it.

  8. #24
    All Star Sammy225's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,924
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THANOS View Post
    They're just as killer in AA as I expected they'd be . So awesome to watch.

    I'm curious how long you guys think Shapkins will keep them in AA if they continue scorching the ball like this?
    Hard to say.... If the jays keep doing well it will be a nice problem to have. Vlad could DH if Morales is struggling but since Defense is the one part of his game that they are wanting to work on they are going to want him to get his reps a third, hard to do that with Donaldson kicking around. Bo is the same thing, Diaz has been a nice welcome early into the year so they don't need to rush him either, but if Travis continues to struggle after a couple months they may try his hand over there.

  9. #25
    All Star z3r0s's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,750
    Thanks
    985
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 1,074 Posts
    my favorite part is that Vlad has struck out once this season. You see lots of prospects put up big numbers while striking out a little bit as well and worry they will get exposed by pitching at the MLB level. This guy know the strike zone.

  10. #26
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,182
    Thanks
    1,797
    Thanked 4,077 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendleton View Post
    I'm considering a trip down to see a game or two when NH heads to Binghamton in a couple weeks, but at this rate maybe they'll have outgrown AA by then :P
    Same!

    Was going to go to New Hampshire in July

    Might be too late...

  11. #27
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    575
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 42 Times in 28 Posts
    Any idea when Pearsons first start is

  12. #28
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    43,435
    Thanks
    44,822
    Thanked 8,606 Times in 6,614 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AledmysDiaz View Post
    Any idea when Pearsons first start is
    This week, last I heard.

  13. #29
    Just Drafted
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    Same!

    Was going to go to New Hampshire in July

    Might be too late...
    The way he looks so far I cannot imagine he's still down in AA by July. He has struck out once in 25 plate appearances while hitting for a lot of power. Even in the small sample size that's ridiculous. Honestly I don't know if there's been many prospects with the combination of plate discipline and hitting ability he's shown so far.

  14. #30
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,789
    Thanks
    2,548
    Thanked 7,030 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaddeus Malice View Post
    The way he looks so far I cannot imagine he's still down in AA by July. He has struck out once in 25 plate appearances while hitting for a lot of power. Even in the small sample size that's ridiculous. Honestly I don't know if there's been many prospects with the combination of plate discipline and hitting ability he's shown so far.
    It's interesting looking at the Fangraphs projections on his page that peg him as an above average MLB hitter right now.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

    SpeedyGose (04-10-2018)

  16. #31
    Blue Chip Prospect LGBJ29's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,596
    Thanks
    202
    Thanked 497 Times in 279 Posts
    SSS goes without saying but he's hitting .333 with a .235 BABIP right now lmao

  17. #32
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    7,838
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,392 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LGBJ29 View Post
    SSS goes without saying but he's hitting .333 with a .235 BABIP right now lmao
    He's also has 5 extra base hits out of 6 hits overall. Singles are for chumps.
    ****FREE SPANKY****


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •