CLE
    Preview
    8:08 PM ET
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Teoscar Hernandez is a mirage

Thanks
    Thanked 8,801 Times in 6,754 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tercet View Post
    Do you enjoy being in your mid 40s trolling people? Jealous of me maybe? Don't get to travel and see many baseball games outside Toronto maybe?
    I've been to near ten stadiums, son. Been across Europe, I'm good, did it while I was young.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,168 Times in 1,551 Posts
    Teoscar Hernandez is top 10 in xwOBA in MLB coming into today's game, but lets talk about how he's going to turn into a pumpkin?

Tercet is toast.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to burlingtonbandit For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (05-16-2018)

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    I've been to near ten stadiums, son. Been across Europe, I'm good, did it while I was young.
    Does acting like a 13 year old make you feel better?

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    Teoscar Hernandez is top 10 in xwOBA in MLB coming into today's game, but lets talk about how he's going to turn into a pumpkin?

Tercet is toast.
    People like you are the type that keep me going, pop up once a week to troll and don't seem to understand baseball much.

Listen, I don't doubt, ignore his ability to hit baseballs hard, and beat up bad pitchers/mistake pitches.

But Teoscar is a flawed hitter, he is a free swinger that more then likely wont succeed long term.

The problem is with stats like his bb, k, swinging strike. Tons of hitters have come up and had short-term success like him. Major league pitchers adjust and simply won't give him mistake pitches to hit (omg look at the last 3 weeks). In the history of baseball, hitters similiar to Teoscar pretty much all end up the same way. Sure Teoscar could take giant leaps, improve his bb, cut his k and swstr, but the odds are against that.

Teoscar has been a pretty bad hitter over the last 3 weeks. I don't think he will be that bad and he isn't as good as his 2018 stats line. He will probably end up somewhere in the middle as I stated earlier in this thread with some help from BTS (Adam Duvall, Hunter Renfroe, etc).

I've been wrong plenty of times (arencibia,mills,snider,ruiz,sanchez) and right plenty of times over the last 10 years on this forum & djf. If you want to bash me sure, np, but just have a valid argument plz which you don't have right now.
    Last edited by tercet; 05-16-2018 at 06:55 PM. Reason: EDITZ

Thanks
    Thanked 1,104 Times in 837 Posts
    People like you are the type that keep me going, pop up once a week to troll and don't seem to understand baseball much.

Listen, I don't doubt, ignore his ability to hit baseballs hard, and beat up bad pitchers/mistake pitches.

But Teoscar is a flawed hitter, he is a free swinger that more then likely wont succeed long term.

The problem is with stats like his bb, k, swinging strike. Tons of hitters have come up and had short-term success like him. Major league pitchers adjust and simply won't give him mistake pitches to hit (omg look at the last 3 weeks). In the history of baseball, hitters similiar to Teoscar pretty much all end up the same way. Sure Teoscar could take giant leaps, improve his bb, cut his k and swstr, but the odds are against that.

Teoscar has been a pretty bad hitter over the last 3 weeks. I don't think he will be that bad and he isn't as good as his 2018 stats line. He will probably end up somewhere in the middle as I stated earlier in this thread with some help from BTS (Adam Duvall, Hunter Renfroe, etc).

I've been wrong plenty of times (arencibia,mills,snider,ruiz,sanchez) and right plenty of times over the last 10 years on this forum & djf. If you want to bash me sure, np, but just have a valid argument plz which you don't have right now.
    Teoscar has plenty of upside. Dumn to make a prediction on a guy who still has a range of outcomes from bust to boom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,655 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Don't you live in LA or Denver or something?
    Well I need to meet up with you assholes eventually. I spend more time with you all then my own girlfriend it seems.

Thanks
    Does acting like a 13 year old make you feel better?
    Wat?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Well I need to meet up with you assholes eventually. I spend more time with you all then my own girlfriend it seems.
    Same GF? She was gorgeous, along with your sister(no offence)?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,168 Times in 1,551 Posts

How do I not have a valid arguement? The only better hitters by expected wOBA are:

Betts
    Freeman
    Harper
    Trout
    Votto
    JDM

JD Martinez is a player who doesn't walk much and strikes out over 25% of the time. Now I'm not saying he's JDM or even a top 15 Hitter but he's not some crap hitter you make him out to be. The "only hits bad pitching" is a terrible take. Every good hitter beats up on bad pitching... He's homered off Severino, Gray and Faria this year hardly AAA pitchers.

Lots of guys strike out but when you hit the ball as hard as he does and do it to all fields, that'll play.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to burlingtonbandit For This Useful Post:

bones10 (05-16-2018),P2F (05-16-2018),Spanky99 (05-16-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Same GF? She was gorgeous, along with your sister(no offence)?
    None taken! Get it all the time haha. New gf these days. Next time I come up I'll hit you and a few other up and maybe we can catch a game.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (05-17-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,749 Times in 1,139 Posts
    1.4 WAR in 231 PA's as a Blue Jay. That's something I can support in-spite of his obvious flaws.

I'm probably most disappointed in his defense. I thought he'd become above average when moved to the corner, but he looks lost at times.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie19 For This Useful Post:

tercet (05-17-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    1.4 WAR in 231 PA's as a Blue Jay. That's something I can support in-spite of his obvious flaws.

I'm probably most disappointed in his defense. I thought he'd become above average when moved to the corner, but he looks lost at times.
    Yeah some of the scouting reports said he could play a passable CF and a good corner. Doesn't seem to be the case.

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    How do I not have a valid arguement? The only better hitters by expected wOBA are:

Betts
    Freeman
    Harper
    Trout
    Votto
    JDM

JD Martinez is a player who doesn't walk much and strikes out over 25% of the time. Now I'm not saying he's JDM or even a top 15 Hitter but he's not some crap hitter you make him out to be. The "only hits bad pitching" is a terrible take. Every good hitter beats up on bad pitching... He's homered off Severino, Gray and Faria this year hardly AAA pitchers.

Lots of guys strike out but when you hit the ball as hard as he does and do it to all fields, that'll play.
    You have a semi valid argument, but your sticking your head in the sand and avoiding the major red flags bb/k/swstr. Just assuming someone will overcome these stats because he is "young" is what you and many people are guilty of. I was too back 10 yrs ago.. (Ruiz, Arencibia, Emaus, Mills, Rzep, Snider, etc)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,869 Times in 1,787 Posts
    The condescension in here is palpable.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to P2F For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (05-17-2018)

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    Lol the condescension is real.
    Do you take pride in trolling me every single post and being a moron?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to tercet For This Useful Post:

P2F (05-17-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,794 Times in 8,178 Posts
    Fuck
    P2F
    jays4life19 ban counter: 3

23. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

P2F (05-17-2018)