• LAD
    SD
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: FIFA World Cup - Russia 2018 - 14th June to 15th July

Prospect
    Thanks
    Luis Figo played with the utmost skill and class.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to onwego For This Useful Post:

KingKat (05-15-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 5,444 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemoon View Post
    Reminds me 2004. We went to the final, had the toughest teams and didn't win. Oh well! Then we gave France the same treatment hahaha brilliant.
    The toughest team? Ronaldo had the waterworks on full blast at the end of the match.

Figo, Ronaldo, Deco, Couto, Vitor Baia?(unsure if he was there in 2004) Rui Costa and still couldn't beat Greece while on home turf, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Can't wait to meet the new Matt Olson(s)!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,332 Times in 3,373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    The toughest team? Ronaldo had the waterworks on full blast at the end of the match.

Figo, Ronaldo, Deco, Couto, Vitor Baia?(unsure if he was there in 2004) Rui Costa and still couldn't beat Greece while on home turf, lol
    In Ronaldo's defense he was 19. Also why do you hate the Portuguese so much lol?
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 5,444 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    In Ronaldo's defense he was 19. Also why do you hate the Portuguese so much lol?
    I'm glad you asked.

#1: I have a Portuguese uncle and he is every bit that greasy Portuguese stereotype. I don't know what he does for money, all I know is that he has a big white van.

#2: as someone who used to care a lot more, I hated the way they played. No country outside of Brazil, maybe, or Italy, dives as much as Portugal. Pretty sure back in those days, Scolari encouraged it. The game was so slow because as soon as a Portuguese lost the ball, someone must have shot him with a bean bag sniper rifle. He got instantly healed upon the ref busting out the Yellow. Pussies.

#3: they cheated and scummed their way into beating England in extra time on too many occassions especially that time Ronaldo acted like a little asshole and got Rooney red carded.

#4: Portuguese fans are so obnoxious. I'm convinced that underneath their stupid little Ronaldo jerseys is a Neymar jersey as, inevitably, Portugal will get bounced due to being trash and then Portugueses don their Brazil colours and pretend to be Brazilian since them speaking generally the same language is important for some odd reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Can't wait to meet the new Matt Olson(s)!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

jays4life19 (05-15-2018),Orgfiller (05-15-2018),P2F (05-15-2018),Spanky99 (05-15-2018),vdubmvp (05-15-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,345 Posts
    LOL #1 is killing me.

Thanks
    Holy shit! Boxy is an Asian dude with a Portuguese relative. Damn we Portuguese are literally everywhere.
    - Biology is the only science in which multiplication is the same thing as division.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,836 Times in 6,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    #4: Portuguese fans are so obnoxious. I'm convinced that underneath their stupid little Ronaldo jerseys is a Neymar jersey as, inevitably, Portugal will get bounced due to being trash and then Portugueses don their Brazil colours and pretend to be Brazilian since them speaking generally the same language is important for some odd reason.
    Hahaha... truth bomb. #1 He's a tiler, duh!

Thanks
    Squads are starting to be confirmed and England have just announced theirs. It's a young inexperienced squad with an average age of 25 and only one player with more than 40 caps.

For once the lack of expectation may help us, and we have a lot of promise, but this is likely a tournament too early for us to do anything.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobthe4th For This Useful Post:

onwego (05-16-2018)

Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    Squads are starting to be confirmed and England have just announced theirs. It's a young inexperienced squad with an average age of 25 and only one player with more than 40 caps.

For once the lack of expectation may help us, and we have a lot of promise, but this is likely a tournament too early for us to do anything.

Losing Oxlade-Chamberlain hurts somewhat. Still expect a weak exit in the round of 16 or 8.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to onwego For This Useful Post:

Bobthe4th (05-16-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by onwego View Post
    Losing Oxlade-Chamberlain hurts somewhat. Still expect a weak exit in the round of 16 or 8.
    Yeah Ox was vital for his ability to play in midfield or on the wing. A midfield built around the average Jordan Henderson is not going to get it done at this level.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,574 Posts
    Have you been to Mississauga?
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,836 Times in 6,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    Have you been to Mississauga?
    Bunch of uptight Bikes like Boxy?

Prospect
    Thanks
    Payet injured in the Europa League final today, that hurts France. National coaches must hate watching their stars play these May games.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,332 Times in 3,373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onwego View Post
    Payet injured in the Europa League final today, that hurts France. National coaches must hate watching their stars play these May games.
    It was the Europa League final was it not? It's not just some random league game lol, and France has 5 others who are younger and have more potential to replace him.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

Prospect
    Thanks
    It was the Europa League final was it not? It's not just some random league game lol, and France has 5 others who are younger and have more potential to replace him.

that's not how France is viewing it this morning, but i defer to a baseball fan in Toronto...

The game mattered not a bit to Atletico, they were already in group stage, many world teams are grateful nobody else was mangled in this game. probably didn't matter to Marseille after this weekend either.

Thanks
    A pretty good FA Cup final just ended the English season, next weekend is the highly anticipated Champions League final of Liverpool vs Real Madrid (two attack focused sides). After that there's a few friendlies for all the nations, then it's game on!