Page 443 of 561 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453493543 ... LastLast
Results 7,073 to 7,088 of 8970

Thread: Around Baseball 2022

  1. #7073
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,927
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 1,678 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L54 View Post
    Pretty good offer. I don’t know how much more he can realistically expect to get. Does anyone go add two years and go 10/375? I kinda doubt it.
    There’s always some jerk off

  2. #7074
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,927
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 1,678 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    There’s always some jerk off
    One thing Judge does perceivably have going for him is that he’s one of, if not the most, marketable person in baseball. Definitely would be a nugget for a team negotiating tv contract or something

  3. #7075
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    32,560
    Thanks
    3,156
    Thanked 6,841 Times in 4,395 Posts
    It's probably about legacy now.
    I'll bet SF offers similar
    Taxes are high in both states
    No one else is probably offering this contract except maybe Mets and that doesn't seem like where he would go

    Does be want to be a top 10-20 all time Yankee

    Or does he want to be a legend closer to home

  4. #7076
    Hall of Famer Stangstag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,332
    Thanks
    1,506
    Thanked 4,491 Times in 2,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    It's probably about legacy now.
    I'll bet SF offers similar
    Taxes are high in both states
    No one else is probably offering this contract except maybe Mets and that doesn't seem like where he would go

    Does be want to be a top 10-20 all time Yankee

    Or does he want to be a legend closer to home
    If I had the chance, i’d pick hometown hero no question. Really depends how important the “Yankees legacy” is to him

  5. #7077
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,927
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 1,678 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    It's probably about legacy now.
    I'll bet SF offers similar
    Taxes are high in both states
    No one else is probably offering this contract except maybe Mets and that doesn't seem like where he would go

    Does be want to be a top 10-20 all time Yankee

    Or does he want to be a legend closer to home
    He may get one of those pillow “join the front office” after the contract type deals

  6. #7078
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,927
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 1,678 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Though I think Pujols had something like that and it didn’t work out lol. But if I remember right, LAA parlayed the signing into a monster tv deal

  7. #7079
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    32,560
    Thanks
    3,156
    Thanked 6,841 Times in 4,395 Posts
    Sunday, Dec. 4:

    HOF Contemporary Era ballot results released (Albert Belle, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Don Mattingly, Fred McGriff, Dale Murphy, Rafael Palmeiro, Curt Schilling)

  8. #7080
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    90,162
    Thanks
    86,788
    Thanked 16,991 Times in 12,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Danger View Post
    Assuming all stay healthy, yes. That list also looks like a frequent flier list of the IL
    Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    You are truly the perfect marriage of stupidity and confidence.

  9. #7081
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    90,162
    Thanks
    86,788
    Thanked 16,991 Times in 12,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L54 View Post
    Pretty good offer. I don’t know how much more he can realistically expect to get. Does anyone go add two years and go 10/375? I kinda doubt it.
    SF might whip there dick out, but I see him staying in NY at that dough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    You are truly the perfect marriage of stupidity and confidence.

  10. #7082
    MVP The Cats Ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sable Island
    Posts
    10,561
    Thanks
    2,099
    Thanked 2,964 Times in 2,162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    Yankees have apparently offered Judge 8/300M
    That is gonna be such a bad deal.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Cats Ass For This Useful Post:

    Deadpool (12-01-2022)

  12. #7083
    MVP Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    12,824
    Thanks
    5,561
    Thanked 5,128 Times in 3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    SF might whip there dick out, but I see him staying in NY at that dough.
    I don't understand the appeal of SF myself. They aren't close to winning are they? ML roster isn't amazing, nor is the farm system.

  13. #7084
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,114
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 102 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    Sunday, Dec. 4:

    HOF Contemporary Era ballot results released (Albert Belle, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Don Mattingly, Fred McGriff, Dale Murphy, Rafael Palmeiro, Curt Schilling)
    Hoping for McGriff and schilling

  14. #7085
    Hall of Famer Stangstag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,332
    Thanks
    1,506
    Thanked 4,491 Times in 2,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    I don't understand the appeal of SF myself. They aren't close to winning are they? ML roster isn't amazing, nor is the farm system.
    Its near his family, nice weather, much nicer city than NY

  15. #7086
    MVP Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,210
    Thanks
    3,629
    Thanked 4,357 Times in 2,229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Hoping for McGriff and schilling
    Really hoping McGriff gets in. Schilling, meh.

  16. #7087
    Big Leaguer Ehjays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,267
    Thanks
    2,284
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 669 Posts

  17. #7088
    MVP L54's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    8,061
    Thanks
    1,445
    Thanked 3,648 Times in 2,246 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    I don't understand the appeal of SF myself. They aren't close to winning are they? ML roster isn't amazing, nor is the farm system.
    Terrible place to hit, bad team, tough division. Seems unlikely he’s really that interested

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •