Preview
    7:20 PM ET
  • SD
    WSH
    Preview
    9:40 PM ET
Page 108 of 337 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,713 to 1,728 of 5390

Thread: General Blue Jays Discussion Thread (2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,842 Times in 12,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    Agreed. I'm not sure we are going to see 2019-20 Biggio again with the dead ball, but he at least has some track record of being good in the past. Tapia has been awful for years. Collins has been awful for years. Zimmer can't hit. The real problem is the team not getting another hitter in the off season when everyone knew it was a glaring hole. Now they have to hope to hold their heads above water until that happens at the deadline.
    Why do you keep bringing up Collins, he's had 10 PA's since May 7th, he was acquired to hold steady while Jano was injured? I agree that El Capitan and Jano should be playing far more over Tapia with a 3rd catcher on the roster. Thing is Lourdes and Teoscar were injured, and LGJ has been nursing said Hammy injury currently, so more Tapia(ughh)... Biggio should be back up soon as our 4th OF option, we need the help. The problem has been the offense so far from Teo/LGJ/Chappy and Vlad's power lately... although Chapman and Vlad are still hitting the ball hard, so I ain't sweating that part yet. Wish we had acquired the extra OF bat, Tapia and Zimmer are awful. Depth wasn't acquired, and it's shining through, lets hope the bats wake up, like yesterday. A few days ago I mentioned signing Upton, but the Mariner's signed him... that bothered me a bit. Ah well... we'll see, shit HAS to turn around. RIGHT???
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Have you considered the possibility that maybe getting married again isnít a great idea for you?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    Lots of positive reactions. Just re-read. I’m not saying Matt Chapman-level fapping but lots of “he’ll fit nice here”.. upgrade from RG”… “unlocked potential” etc
    I did, there's not many... just hopeful dreams bro. Everyone knows Tapia is/was shit.
    Have you considered the possibility that maybe getting married again isnít a great idea for you?

Thanks
    Also, I'm really not liking this damn, ball.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    It's hidden behind a paywall, dude?

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCecil View Post
    My kingdom for an impact LHH (s), and thats probably what it would cost right now. We kind of hoped Teo coming back would help Vlad et al, but so far no bueno. 5/50 and chasing the same pitches off the plate most of the others are. I just think the Leagues have made a big adjustment on how to pitch them, which is made easier they face so many RHH, and then junk from the left side. They should wear the jacket for any ball scorched up the middle or to the right side in the air for awhile, or if they beat the shift.(grasping at straws)
    Lineup construction is overrated if your guys can actually hit. The 2015 lineup absolutely murdered RHP and their best lefty bats were like Ben Revere and Ryan Goins.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keggy For This Useful Post:

Deadpool (05-24-2022),Spanky99 (05-23-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    I don't have access to the full article but based off the headline this is some bullshit. If I worked for the team I would be demanding to know what balls are used for which games and what the process is for determining that.
    Agreed, that's some shady shit... players have complained that the balls that fly(err normal) are being used exclusively to National audiences, IE: the Peacock/Apple games and SNB.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangstag View Post
    Bo has been completely fine since the start of May, his numbers are starting to climb towards career norms.

Springer has been good/as expected.

Teo has been awful.

Gurriel has been awful.

Chapman has been slightly underperforming if you think he’s just the 2020/2021 version going forward.

Vlad has been seriously disappointing. Its looking more and more like like 2021 was the outlier and 2019/2020 is more what he is. Obviously you expect him to regress a bit from 2021, but you also expect him to improve as he ages… however he’s taken a massive step back this season compared to last year.

Vlad has a 98 wRC+ in the month of May and only 3 extra base hits. (1 homer and 2 doubles). That’s like Eric Hosmer level. He’s not hitting for any power whatsoever.

Espinal has been great though so that’s nice to see.
    I was with you until the Vlad comment, c'mon bro. These guys are pressing man, Vlad admitted it the other day in an article I read. It has to turn around.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,460 Times in 3,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Agreed, that's some shady shit... players have complained that the balls that fly(err normal) are being used exclusively to National audiences, IE: the Peacock/Apple games and SNB.
    Put your tinfoil hat on for a second but Romano has looked good pretty much all year except for the game against the Yankees where we all thought he was severely injured.

But it turns out he just couldn't grip the ball? Did other pitchers that game have problems gripping a slippery ball? Or was a slippery ball just used by Romano in the 9th? Because if that's the case that would be absolute bullshit even if it were completely unintentional.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

Deadpool (05-24-2022),Spanky99 (05-23-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,422 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keggy View Post
    Lineup construction is overrated if your guys can actually hit. The 2015 lineup absolutely murdered RHP and their best lefty bats were like Ben Revere and Ryan Goins.
    What were the team splits vs LHP and RHP? I think in the playoffs, that success vs RHP ground came to a halt. We didn't win.

We did pick up RHH bat cause we were struggling vs LHP but they released him over Collabello. Guy was a cancer. Danny Valencia.

1. Pens and pitchers are even better and more specialized than 2015 (nevermind this ball). 94 now is the avg 4S FB and tons of wipe out breaking balls. I think we are seeing the evidence of the impact of this against our bats.

2. #1 gets worse in the playoffs, if you get there.

3. The main current AL East competition Rays and Yanks have plus pens.

4. OTOH in 2016 both Matt Bush and Andrew Miller pretty much owned us. RHP and LHP lol.

I agree the most important element is the quality of the hitters, but I'll never buy that being able force the pitcher to handle both sides of the plate impact bats is not a huge advantage in 2022, especially in the playoffs when you face the best.

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCecil View Post
    What were the team splits vs LHP and RHP? I think in the playoffs, that success vs RHP ground came to a halt. We didn't win.

We did pick up RHH bat cause we were struggling vs LHP but they released him over Collabello. Guy was a cancer. Danny Valencia.

1. Pens and pitchers are even better and more specialized than 2015 (nevermind this ball). 94 now is the avg 4S FB and tons of wipe out breaking balls. I think we are seeing the evidence of the impact of this against our bats.

2. #1 gets worse in the playoffs, if you get there.

3. The main current AL East competition Rays and Yanks have plus pens.

4. OTOH in 2016 both Matt Bush and Andrew Miller pretty much owned us. RHP and LHP lol.

I agree the most important element is the quality of the hitters, but I'll never buy that being able force the pitcher to handle both sides of the plate impact bats is not a huge advantage in 2022, especially in the playoffs when you face the best.
    Jays led MLB in total runs, wRC+ against LHP, wRC+ against RHP. The team that year was just an absolute veiny on-base juggernaut.

Small ball and roster construction can help once you get to playoffs, but a team that gives Tapia 600 PA doesn't even get there.

Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangstag View Post
    Bo has been completely fine since the start of May, his numbers are starting to climb towards career norms.

Springer has been good/as expected.

Teo has been awful.

Gurriel has been awful.

Chapman has been slightly underperforming if you think heís just the 2020/2021 version going forward.

Vlad has been seriously disappointing. Its looking more and more like like 2021 was the outlier and 2019/2020 is more what he is. Obviously you expect him to regress a bit from 2021, but you also expect him to improve as he agesÖ however heís taken a massive step back this season compared to last year.

Vlad has a 98 wRC+ in the month of May and only 3 extra base hits. (1 homer and 2 doubles). Thatís like Eric Hosmer level. Heís not hitting for any power whatsoever.

Espinal has been great though so thatís nice to see.

When you look at his stats thats exactly the sense you get. Maybe not as bad as 2019 Vlad, but very much on par with 2020 Vlad. Incredibly frustrating to watch right now. As you said, he isnt hitting with any power. Getting very tired of watching him hit the ball directly at the 2nd Baseman, and SS everytime he is up.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,480 Times in 1,849 Posts
    Richards facing the top of the line up in a tie game in the eighth. Fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Richards facing the top of the line up in a tie game in the eighth. Fingers crossed.
    yer dumn

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    I think I have a different reaction to this game than most.

I thought the at bats were generally good. Not a lot of swinging outside the zone, a few guys hit the ball hard, nothing found gaps or missed gloves.

Vlad and Teo are worrisome. VladÖ I donít know what he needs to do to raise his launch angle. Teo is rolling over everything.

I didnít hate putting in borucki. I wish our bullpen had more swing and miss and less boruckis, but heís on the roster. Heís supposed to be able to come in and at the very fucking least not walk sosa. Our front office does not prioritize having a really good bullpen. You cannot blame the manager for using the best leftie he has there.

I think Montoyoís clear weakness is not pulling starters soon enough. Berrios should have been out one hitter after the home run.

Thanks
    BLUE JAYS! ~ SAY WHAT - BLUE JAYS! ~ SAY WHO - BLUE JAYS! ~ SAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Solaxys For This Useful Post:

Deadpool (05-24-2022),Spanky99 (05-24-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,480 Times in 1,849 Posts
    Has any team in MLB history who was expected to challenge for a WS title, have a manager as our to lunch as Chuckles is?

This is all on you Shatkins.