Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
Results 337 to 352 of 353

Thread: GDT: Game 3/3 Reds @ Blue Jays

  1. #337
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    84,155
    Thanks
    81,694
    Thanked 15,452 Times in 11,795 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Hahaha... I am the Dude!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Alright let's all get drunk and disappoint our families tonight

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Spanky99 For This Useful Post:

    Omar (05-22-2022)

  3. #338
    DONOR BigCecil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    7,549
    Thanks
    2,584
    Thanked 4,268 Times in 2,640 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Hahaha... I am the Dude!
    Watched that the other day with son. First time he had seen it. Couple parts with John Goodman we were laughing so hard. Loved it. Big Lebowski is such a classic.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigCecil For This Useful Post:

    Deadpool (05-23-2022),Omar (05-22-2022),Spanky99 (05-22-2022)

  5. #339
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    84,155
    Thanks
    81,694
    Thanked 15,452 Times in 11,795 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCecil View Post
    Watched that the other day with son. First time he had seen it. Couple parts with John Goodman we were laughing so hard. Loved it. Big Lebowski is such a classic.
    It's up there on the list for me. Dazed and Confused was another I truly loved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Alright let's all get drunk and disappoint our families tonight

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spanky99 For This Useful Post:

    BigCecil (05-22-2022),Horses Fart (05-22-2022)

  7. #340
    MVP Stangstag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    13,415
    Thanks
    1,219
    Thanked 3,512 Times in 2,344 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCecil View Post
    Watched that the other day with son. First time he had seen it. Couple parts with John Goodman we were laughing so hard. Loved it. Big Lebowski is such a classic.
    The part with the scattering ashes gets me every time

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stangstag For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (05-23-2022)

  9. #341
    DONOR BigCecil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    7,549
    Thanks
    2,584
    Thanked 4,268 Times in 2,640 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangstag View Post
    The part with the scattering ashes gets me every time
    Me too lol. We laughed hard. Another gut buster every time is "Walter's Plan" for the handoff. The best.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to BigCecil For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (05-23-2022)

  11. #342
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    84,155
    Thanks
    81,694
    Thanked 15,452 Times in 11,795 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCecil View Post
    Me too lol. We laughed hard. Another gut buster every time is "Walter's Plan" for the handoff. The best.
    lol... classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Alright let's all get drunk and disappoint our families tonight

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Spanky99 For This Useful Post:

    BigCecil (05-23-2022)

  13. #343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Oldsmar, FL
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olerud363 View Post
    Stupid Narrative. They played about the same all season, except for a couple of weeks late August where they didn't hit.

    The September "run" just had some of those high scoring games go the Jays way, I remember the Oakland series, the Baltimore series they just lucked out with a hit at the right time...

    Last year was completely different with dumb-ass losses and bullpen woes, and then crazy comeback wins, but bats and starters looked about the same all year.

    This is different shit, a 550 run scoring team, with several guys potentially losing a few hundred million of career earnings by redefining their career arc.

    You think I'm kidding? Sure they won't be as bad as they have been... but after this year can you see Vlad and Bo being the 350 million dollar guys they looked like before the season? Can you see Teoscar being a 125 million guy?
    Yes I can, because there's a sucker born every day. There are 30 teams, one of them will be dumb enough to do it. There will always be at least one guy who looks at 2021 and pays them off of that regardless of this year, hell there always seems to be one guy who remembers a monster season a guy had 5 years ago and still throws money at them for it.

  14. #344
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,256
    Thanks
    1,695
    Thanked 1,378 Times in 775 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniorFelix54 View Post
    Yes I can, because there's a sucker born every day. There are 30 teams, one of them will be dumb enough to do it. There will always be at least one guy who looks at 2021 and pays them off of that regardless of this year, hell there always seems to be one guy who remembers a monster season a guy had 5 years ago and still throws money at them for it.
    I doubt it. Jorge Solar got 3 years 36 million. Better traditional numbers than Hernandez in his big season, but about the same in advanced stats, then fell off. People were predicting 5 100 for Hernandez, however he'll be lucky to get Solar's contract if he doesn't perform the next year and a half.

    People had no idea what to put Guerrero at, but were thinking 10 350 million, or maybe 12 400. However his career numbers are the same as Matt Olson's

    First, Jays aren't going to sign him to a mega contract at the end of this year, if he's had 4 years, 3 of them mediocre, no one will know what to peg his value at.

    If he ends up being a Matt Olson type, he'll get Matt Olson money... 150 million or something, not 400. So yes, if these guys keep imploding they will cost themselves hundreds of millions.

    Good news is the slow starts might have already shaved off significant money for 2023 arb values. They can use it to sign others and hope for bounce backs.
    If we don't win this year we'll win next year, if we don't win next year we'll win the year after that.

  15. #345
    MVP Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,491
    Thanks
    4,254
    Thanked 5,227 Times in 3,025 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olerud363 View Post
    I doubt it. Jorge Solar got 3 years 36 million. Better traditional numbers than Hernandez in his big season, but about the same in advanced stats, then fell off. People were predicting 5 100 for Hernandez, however he'll be lucky to get Solar's contract if he doesn't perform the next year and a half.

    People had no idea what to put Guerrero at, but were thinking 10 350 million, or maybe 12 400. However his career numbers are the same as Matt Olson's

    First, Jays aren't going to sign him to a mega contract at the end of this year, if he's had 4 years, 3 of them mediocre, no one will know what to peg his value at.

    If he ends up being a Matt Olson type, he'll get Matt Olson money... 150 million or something, not 400. So yes, if these guys keep imploding they will cost themselves hundreds of millions.

    Good news is the slow starts might have already shaved off significant money for 2023 arb values. They can use it to sign others and hope for bounce backs.
    Yeah Fangraphs has a Vlad extension at 8 years 174 million right now.

    https://blogs.fangraphs.com/which-yo...ng-term-deals/

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (05-23-2022)

  17. #346
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9,021
    Thanks
    255
    Thanked 1,769 Times in 1,219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olerud363 View Post
    I doubt it. Jorge Solar got 3 years 36 million. Better traditional numbers than Hernandez in his big season, but about the same in advanced stats, then fell off. People were predicting 5 100 for Hernandez, however he'll be lucky to get Solar's contract if he doesn't perform the next year and a half.

    People had no idea what to put Guerrero at, but were thinking 10 350 million, or maybe 12 400. However his career numbers are the same as Matt Olson's

    First, Jays aren't going to sign him to a mega contract at the end of this year, if he's had 4 years, 3 of them mediocre, no one will know what to peg his value at.

    If he ends up being a Matt Olson type, he'll get Matt Olson money... 150 million or something, not 400. So yes, if these guys keep imploding they will cost themselves hundreds of millions.

    Good news is the slow starts might have already shaved off significant money for 2023 arb values. They can use it to sign others and hope for bounce backs.
    Vlad isn't going to end this year with mediocre numbers. He may not have the numbers he had last year, but he will hit a homer again this year and his numbers will be very good!

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saskjayfan For This Useful Post:

    Deadpool (05-23-2022),Spanky99 (05-23-2022)

  19. #347
    All Star JaysAllMighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,758
    Thanks
    1,444
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 816 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Yeah Fangraphs has a Vlad extension at 8 years 174 million right now.

    https://blogs.fangraphs.com/which-yo...ng-term-deals/
    Sign him up quick!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to JaysAllMighty For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (05-23-2022)

  21. #348
    DONOR BigCecil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    7,549
    Thanks
    2,584
    Thanked 4,268 Times in 2,640 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saskjayfan View Post
    Vlad isn't going to end this year with mediocre numbers. He may not have the numbers he had last year, but he will hit a homer again this year and his numbers will be very good!
    3/4 of the season left. At some point odds are he is going to get hot and numbers can change quickly this few PAs in. Look at Trevor Storys'. Sooner rather than later please.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigCecil For This Useful Post:

    Deadpool (05-23-2022),Spanky99 (05-23-2022)

  23. #349
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    84,155
    Thanks
    81,694
    Thanked 15,452 Times in 11,795 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Yeah Fangraphs has a Vlad extension at 8 years 174 million right now.

    https://blogs.fangraphs.com/which-yo...ng-term-deals/
    Interesting, that's reasonable; sign him up!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Alright let's all get drunk and disappoint our families tonight

  24. #350
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    84,155
    Thanks
    81,694
    Thanked 15,452 Times in 11,795 Posts
    Jays pitching matchups against the Cards is Berrios/Mikolas and Gausman/Hicks, I'd give us the edge here but our bats have been woeful, at least the Cards are missing 2/3rds of their OF with Carlson and O'Neill on the IL. A split would be ideal, hopefully we get some decent offense and can take the 2 game set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Alright let's all get drunk and disappoint our families tonight

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Spanky99 For This Useful Post:

    Terminator (05-23-2022)

  26. #351
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,256
    Thanks
    1,695
    Thanked 1,378 Times in 775 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saskjayfan View Post
    Vlad isn't going to end this year with mediocre numbers. He may not have the numbers he had last year, but he will hit a homer again this year and his numbers will be very good!
    Never said he would. I said he will end up being more of a Matt Olson then an Albert Pujols... Which brings the price of a long term contract way down.
    If we don't win this year we'll win next year, if we don't win next year we'll win the year after that.

  27. #352
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,256
    Thanks
    1,695
    Thanked 1,378 Times in 775 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Interesting, that's reasonable; sign him up!!!
    Vlad and his agent probably wouldn't go for that at this point. Him and his agent will still view him as a mega-star. I bet a deal doesn't get done until after next year, when he has more of a track record so each side can feel comfortable they know what he is.
    If we don't win this year we'll win next year, if we don't win next year we'll win the year after that.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •