Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: GDT: Jays @ Brewers Game 2 of 3

DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,304 Times in 4,067 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    Damn we tried.
    Had a chance against Burnes and Hader....

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Springer had his helmet on to hit for biggio

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M.E. For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (06-25-2022)

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Kind of sick of Bo and his sub par defense, especially true when he's only bringing a barely above league average bat.

If Correa opts out of his contract next off season the Jays need to quit fucking around go hard after him.

If Bo doesn't want to move off short then he can be a trade chip IMO.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eat My Shatkins View Post
    Kind of sick of Bo and his sub par defense, especially true when he's only bringing a barely above league average bat.

If Correa opts out of his contract next off season the Jays need to quit fucking around go hard after him.

I think playing a position that he isnít really good enough to play might be hurting him as well honestly.

I donít know why we donít just play Espinal there now at least a few times a week. Give him a few days at an easier position.

We donít need to appease him and heís not really the kind of player that you want to give an early extension to.

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,696 Times in 2,727 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eat My Shatkins View Post

Since when is Bo’s defense sub-par? It’s not elite sure, but he’s no ham fisted butcher. Yeah, he’s gonna sail a throw or two every once in a while, but he’s still a decent defensive SS. Also, he’ll probably be closer to his career 120 wrc+ by the end of the season than he is to league average with the bat. Horrendous April is behind him.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

7. The Following User Says Thank You to John_Havok For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (06-25-2022)

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Since when is Bo’s defense sub-par? It’s not elite sure, but he’s no ham fisted butcher. Yeah, he’s gonna sail a throw or two every once in a while, but he’s still a decent defensive SS. Also, he’ll probably be closer to his career 120 wrc+ by the end of the season than he is to league average with the bat. Horrendous April is behind him.
    I am not sure how valid the Fangraphs overall defensive value number is but:
    in 50044 PA worth of playing time, Xander Bogaerts has a total of +10.4
    in 1342 PA worth of playing time, Bo Bichette has a total defensive value of +1.2.

I use Bogaerts as a comparison since he is generally regarded to be a mediocre defender at SS (especially being limited in range) and has been able to remain there due to his bat and his overall status as a vetrin presenz on the team.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Yeah, sub par wasn't a good description, my bad.

Very mediocre is more appropriate I guess.

Leaves me wanting more, especially with his unspectacular offense this season.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,968 Times in 1,416 Posts
    Bo and his T-Rex arms are sub par at SS
    See the ball and let it fly, Watch the ball soaring through the sky, Higher like a comet in the night air, Defying gravity is rare, Let the ball fly, Its homerun time!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,841 Times in 12,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Bo and his T-Rex arms are sub par at SS
    There he is, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Have you considered the possibility that maybe getting married again isnít a great idea for you?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    There he is, lol.
    I mean his last 3 or 4 games aside from the last AB today have been extra bad. I mean the loss was directly on his short arm crappy throw and he almost blew it on a shovel to 2nd in the 9th yesterday. Like WTF, these are routine plays, not trying to make hard plays. Thats just crap defense
    See the ball and let it fly, Watch the ball soaring through the sky, Higher like a comet in the night air, Defying gravity is rare, Let the ball fly, Its homerun time!!!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LetTheBallFly For This Useful Post:

JFD (06-25-2022)

Thanks
    Objectively he isnt a good SS. Can he be....yes he can. Dude needs to focus out there i think

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LetTheBallFly For This Useful Post:

JFD (06-25-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    I mean his last 3 or 4 games aside from the last AB today have been extra bad. I mean the loss was directly on his short arm crappy throw and he almost blew it on a shovel to 2nd in the 9th yesterday. Like WTF, these are routine plays, not trying to make hard plays. Thats just crap defense
    Lets just take the GS out while we're at it. He didn't short arm the throw, he got cocky and tried to show off/pimp his arm, there's a difference...
    Have you considered the possibility that maybe getting married again isnít a great idea for you?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Lets just take the GS out while we're at it.
    Yeah that one too lol. Maybe I'm thinking early in the week. Been pretty sick

MVP
    Thanks

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JFD View Post
    That's a pretty brutal, but when they have Bogaerts (who I referred to in my previous post as being historically mediocre) in 3rd place, one wonders about the validity of this ranking....... One thing you have to give Bogey is that he is sure-handed like a Cal Ripken and unlike Bichette.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dokken View Post
    That's a pretty brutal, but when they have Bogaerts (who I referred to in my previous post as being historically mediocre) in 3rd place, one wonders about the validity of this ranking....... One thing you have to give Bogey is that he is sure-handed like a Cal Ripken and unlike Bichette.
    The defensive analytics we plebs get is skeptical at best. I don't like them one iota, especially after seeing their numbers on Alomar.