Page 612 of 835 FirstFirst ... 112512562602610611612613614622662712 ... LastLast
Results 9,777 to 9,792 of 13358

Thread: General Blue Jays Discussion Thread (2023)

  1. #9777
    MVP jaysblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Posts
    13,859
    Thanks
    5,711
    Thanked 3,367 Times in 2,480 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    The numbers suggest this isn't really true. It may be true for you, but there are tons of people at the games.
    I bought myself a beautiful new Samsung 77" OLED TV with a soundbar, woofer and rear speakers. Its an awesome setup.

    No need to spend money on expensive tickets and expensive food and drinks at the Rogers Centre unless there is a particular matchup or player I want to see. I'll save my money and plan a weekend trip in October down in the States to see a DS or LS series. Get to experience a better ballpark and better teams at least!
    "6.2 WAR as a 23 year old. Felix Hernandez doesn't suck." - Boxy

  2. #9778
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,342
    Thanks
    1,911
    Thanked 1,674 Times in 986 Posts
    Shapiro - Atkins, why is attendance so low in September?

    Atkins - I don't know sir. The games are cheap. Only a couple of hundred per person with good seats and beer.

    Shapiro - Is it the start time?

    Atkins - Well, if you are like me, and work 10:00 to 4:30 you have plenty of time to get there.

    Shapiro - Yes, I work 11:00 to 3:30 which gives me too much time to get down to the ballpark.

    Atkins - What is cost of living like in Toronto? How much extra money to these Canadians have?

    Shapiro - I'm not sure. Have not been down to Toronto, at least not lately. But they have credit cards and we installed credit card machines. So they can just use their credit cards. They do have credit cards in Toronto right?

    Atkins - I don't know sir. I have not been down to Toronto in a few years either.
    If we don't win this year we'll win next year, if we don't win next year we'll win the year after that.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olerud363 For This Useful Post:

    jaysblue (09-14-2023),Pinkfloid (09-14-2023)

  4. #9779
    MVP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    11,341
    Thanks
    1,110
    Thanked 3,710 Times in 2,285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinThicc View Post
    Yeah the Jays really needed a split with the Rangers at the bare minimum. Losing 3, possibly all 4, is putting them in a very difficult position. Losing today might be the nail in the coffin since the rest of the season is all AL East teams who the Jays have bent over for all season.

    Thankfully I enjoy watching playoff baseball even when the Jays aren’t involved (lord knows I’ve had a lot of practice with that over the last 30 years), and the 2023 Jays team is so boring to watch that missing the playoffs might be doing the fans a favor from an entertainment standpoint.

  5. #9780
    Hall of Famer Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    14,480
    Thanks
    6,655
    Thanked 5,973 Times in 3,763 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysblue View Post
    I bought myself a beautiful new Samsung 77" OLED TV with a soundbar, woofer and rear speakers. Its an awesome setup.

    No need to spend money on expensive tickets and expensive food and drinks at the Rogers Centre unless there is a particular matchup or player I want to see. I'll save my money and plan a weekend trip in October down in the States to see a DS or LS series. Get to experience a better ballpark and better teams at least!
    thumbs up buddy.

  6. #9781
    DONOR BigCecil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    9,745
    Thanks
    3,631
    Thanked 5,823 Times in 3,666 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    I dunno. Toronto is fucked. Seattle probably goes 10-6, Texas probably 10-7.
    Fuckity fuck fuck. 2021 revisited. Lit a candle in my window hoping for a miracle here.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to BigCecil For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (09-14-2023)

  8. #9782
    ECJF Level Jonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Courtice, Ontario
    Posts
    26,620
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5,401 Times in 3,640 Posts
    I donít go nearly as much as I use to. It is nice sometimes but for the most part factory in the hassle of traveling and price isnít worth it. Itís been tough for me to vibe with this team this year despite my love for the team in general.

  9. #9783
    Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 46 Times in 19 Posts
    Vladdy - fat
    Manoah - fat
    Kirk - fat
    Bo - selfishly cares more about his money and refuses to come off SS even though it hurts the team.

    These are the young players who were supposed to take this team to the next level.

    Schneider - keep him away from our young players and hitting coaches. Those are terrible people to follow.

    This team needs major changes to its culture. It's clear there's zero accountability when young players can get away with being fat, lazy and selfish.

  10. #9784
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,342
    Thanks
    1,911
    Thanked 1,674 Times in 986 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    it's a recession, bros
    There is no recession, is there? Like on a serious note what is happening right now is very hard to define.

    There is massive differences in cost of living geographically.
    GDP is kindof OK? Like not gangbusters but not decreasing as in recession.
    Unemployment is low
    Inflation is high, but maybe getting a bit lower
    Cost of housing is crazy high for some people, fine for others.
    Credit was easy to get until a few months ago.
    Interest rates were zero for a long time, now they are 5%.

    I know I joke around too much and am irrational sometimes. Serious question what is happening with the economy. My understanding...

    1. Interest rates up so if you have any loans or debt that are adjustable not good!
    2. Housing prices increasing including rent
    3. Some other inflation

    Between the three if your budget worked out fine in 2021 it is not working out fine now... but not technically a recession.
    If we don't win this year we'll win next year, if we don't win next year we'll win the year after that.

  11. #9785
    Top 100 Prospect harvey16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    328
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 149 Times in 82 Posts
    People really need to come off the ledge. Jays still have a 53% chance of making the playoffs according to BR. Yes it sucks that we've lost 3 in a row to Texas but we can just as easily turn things around and win 4 of the next 5 ect...At the end of the day we just need to get there and anything can happen. We need to likely go 10-6 or even 9-7 to get in. Season is far from over at this point.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to harvey16 For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (09-14-2023)

  13. #9786
    Hall of Famer Stangstag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,095
    Thanks
    2,034
    Thanked 5,840 Times in 3,921 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCecil View Post
    Fuckity fuck fuck. 2021 revisited. Lit a candle in my window hoping for a miracle here.
    You just know weíre gonna miss by like 1 game.

    Extra pain if we end up tied with Texas/Seattle on the last day

  14. #9787
    Hall of Famer Stangstag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,095
    Thanks
    2,034
    Thanked 5,840 Times in 3,921 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey16 View Post
    People really need to come off the ledge. Jays still have a 53% chance of making the playoffs according to BR. Yes it sucks that we've lost 3 in a row to Texas but we can just as easily turn things around and win 4 of the next 5 ect...At the end of the day we just need to get there and anything can happen. We need to likely go 10-6 or even 9-7 to get in. Season is far from over at this point.
    The season might not be over, but im over it

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Stangstag For This Useful Post:

    Krylian (09-14-2023)

  16. #9788
    MVP jaysblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Posts
    13,859
    Thanks
    5,711
    Thanked 3,367 Times in 2,480 Posts
    Season isn't over but yeah no room for error the rest of the way. Just have to take it one game at a time.

    Like some have said, tough to really cheer on and like this group given the way they've played this season. Still want to see Postseason baseball in Toronto. But if it doesn't happen, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Even when the Jays didn't make the Postseason before, I still enjoyed October baseball.
    "6.2 WAR as a 23 year old. Felix Hernandez doesn't suck." - Boxy

  17. #9789
    MVP L54's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    9,690
    Thanks
    1,610
    Thanked 4,459 Times in 2,782 Posts
    Jays best chance at the playoffs is one of Seattle or Texas going at least 5-2. If they go 4-3 itís going to be really tough to gain ground.

    They end the season with a four game series in Seattle

  18. #9790
    Moderator Laika's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie
    Posts
    30,224
    Thanks
    1,841
    Thanked 19,089 Times in 10,362 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olerud363 View Post
    There is no recession, is there? Like on a serious note what is happening right now is very hard to define.

    There is massive differences in cost of living geographically.
    GDP is kindof OK? Like not gangbusters but not decreasing as in recession.
    Unemployment is low
    Inflation is high, but maybe getting a bit lower
    Cost of housing is crazy high for some people, fine for others.
    Credit was easy to get until a few months ago.
    Interest rates were zero for a long time, now they are 5%.

    I know I joke around too much and am irrational sometimes. Serious question what is happening with the economy. My understanding...

    1. Interest rates up so if you have any loans or debt that are adjustable not good!
    2. Housing prices increasing including rent
    3. Some other inflation

    Between the three if your budget worked out fine in 2021 it is not working out fine now... but not technically a recession.
    The definitions are just wrong.

    https://old.reddit.com/r/HighEndEsco...ut_of_nowhere/
    The Mike Wilner of BJMB
    2022 League of Despair Champion

  19. #9791
    Hall of Famer Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    14,480
    Thanks
    6,655
    Thanked 5,973 Times in 3,763 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysblue View Post
    Season isn't over but yeah no room for error the rest of the way. Just have to take it one game at a time.

    Like some have said, tough to really cheer on and like this group given the way they've played this season. Still want to see Postseason baseball in Toronto. But if it doesn't happen, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Even when the Jays didn't make the Postseason before, I still enjoyed October baseball.
    I generally agree with this. If you sneak into the playoffs, there's always a chance of getting hot at the right time and people sure love to say "pitching and defense wins in the playoffs" - which we have. But my expectations are almost non-existent if we do sneak in. In the past, I would have spent some big bucks to go to playoff games and/or take my kids for the experience, but I can't see doing that this year.

    I am excited to watch the playoffs though. Lots of really good, exciting teams to follow.

  20. #9792
    Moderator Laika's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie
    Posts
    30,224
    Thanks
    1,841
    Thanked 19,089 Times in 10,362 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    I generally agree with this. If you sneak into the playoffs, there's always a chance of getting hot at the right time and people sure love to say "pitching and defense wins in the playoffs" - which we have. But my expectations are almost non-existent if we do sneak in. In the past, I would have spent some big bucks to go to playoff games and/or take my kids for the experience, but I can't see doing that this year.

    I am excited to watch the playoffs though. Lots of really good, exciting teams to follow.
    Pitching + Defense strategy still requires a big hit most nights

    Toronto is allergic to the big hit
    The Mike Wilner of BJMB
    2022 League of Despair Champion


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •