Page 389 of 389 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389
Results 6,209 to 6,212 of 6212

Thread: NFL Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 12,108 Times in 7,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysblue View Post
    NFL Schedule is out.

Jay want to go down to Buffalo and see the Packers :P
    SNF makes that a lot less appealing. Hopefully it isn't too chilly because the cold in Buffalo feels different.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Wow, Albert Almora career MLB wRC+ = 105 and Jesse Winker has a 94 wRC+ in AAA this year.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,108 Times in 7,606 Posts
    Oh yeah, the LA Chargers won the internet for all time last night with this masterpiece. The Urban Meyer part made me piss myself.

Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Wow, Albert Almora career MLB wRC+ = 105 and Jesse Winker has a 94 wRC+ in AAA this year.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

P2F (05-14-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,131 Times in 11,574 Posts
    These numbers are silly... holy cow!

Tom Brady did what everyone’s parents tell them to do: Don’t quit your job until you have another one lined up.

FOX announced Monday that Brady will be its lead NFL broadcast analyst whenever he decides to retire. The New York Post reported the deal is for 10 years and $375 million — stunning numbers for one of the game’s greatest players.

We don’t know the full details of the contract, but let’s say he retires after this upcoming season. His $37.5 million average annual value for 2023 would be:

Fourth among NFL player salaries. Only Aaron Rodgers, Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes are set to make more.

The highest salary of Brady’s career. His highest annual salary is $25 million, which he’ll make this season.

By far the highest salary of any color commentator. The number dwarfs what Troy Aikman and Tony Romo make, and Brady hasn’t called a game yet.
    I’m sure Brady will be great, despite his complete lack of broadcasting experience. His wit and personality have been on display in his social media presence over the last couple of years. The cynic in me wonders if Brady can replicate that charm on live TV when there isn’t a social media team behind him strategizing.

In the long term: Brady’s gargantuan deal is a sign of the TV bidding wars to come. Amazon just signed an exclusive 11-year media rights deal that could be worth over $100 billion to show Thursday games. FOX, CBS and NBC are all paying over $1 billion per year for NFL TV rights. ESPN pays $2.7 billion a year for Monday Night Football.

In the near term: FOX doesn’t have a lead analyst yet for 2022 with Aikman gone. Imagine taking a job where your assured replacement can cast you aside on a whim. Our Richard Deitsch writes it’ll probably be Greg Olsen. No pressure, bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Alright let's all get drunk and disappoint our families tonight

Thanks
    Thanked 7,489 Times in 4,399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Oh yeah, the LA Chargers won the internet for all time last night with this masterpiece. The Urban Meyer part made me piss myself.

Man, this is amazing. The Chargers Twitter account is gold.