LAD
    Preview
    7:08 PM ET
Page 109 of 111 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,729 to 1,744 of 1764

Thread: Official Fantasy Baseball Advice Thread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedLogic View Post
    Can't believe it came to this but I dropped Semien today. Guy is absolute trash this year and was actively hurting my team. Aside from all the negative point performances, he was hogging a roster spot. With Franco, Bichette, Turner and Muncy also on my team, I never had playing time for him and with how much I'm min-maxing my team this year (10 claims a weak in a 10-team league means lots of decent starters available to stream), it was a potential loss of 20-30 points on that roster spot on a daily basis.

I kept telling myself he always heats up in May but we're halfway through May and he's still a bum. Despite that, it never even occured to me to drop him until I saw Jean Segura sitting in FA with 150 points (nearly 3x Semien) and elite Statcast ratings this year. Had to do it.

(-) Semien (39.8 points, 1.4 FP/G)
    (+) Segura (149.2 points, 5.7 FP/G)

Highlights a huge difference between Dynasty leagues and others... I don't think anyone in Dynasty would even consider for half a second dropping Semien over Segura on May 12th in a 162 game season... Hence, I like Dynasty and the strategic thinking vs redraft leagues etc which I don't play anymore.. That is just me though...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carlos Danger For This Useful Post:

BTS (05-13-2022),jaysblue (05-12-2022),Spanky99 (05-12-2022),TwistedLogic (05-13-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Can't believe it came to this but I dropped Semien today. Guy is absolute trash this year and was actively hurting my team. Aside from all the negative point performances, he was hogging a roster spot. With Franco, Bichette, Turner and Muncy also on my team, I never had playing time for him and with how much I'm min-maxing my team this year (10 claims a weak in a 10-team league means lots of decent starters available to stream), it was a potential loss of 20-30 points on that roster spot on a daily basis.

I kept telling myself he always heats up in May but we're halfway through May and he's still a bum. Despite that, it never even occured to me to drop him until I saw Jean Segura sitting in FA with 150 points (nearly 3x Semien) and elite Statcast ratings this year. Had to do it.

(-) Semien (39.8 points, 1.4 FP/G)
    (+) Segura (149.2 points, 5.7 FP/G)

If you had a bench spot available, would have held onto Semien, but yes thus far he hasn't been rosterable in a 10-team league. I haven't played in a redraft 10-team league in ages or almost a decade. I stick mostly with dynasty and will do the odd points league on the BJMB here.

Overall, different strategies for sure.
    "6.2 WAR as a 23 year old. Felix Hernandez doesn't suck." - Boxy

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaysblue For This Useful Post:

Carlos Danger (05-12-2022),TwistedLogic (05-13-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,199 Times in 2,735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Danger View Post
    Highlights a huge difference between Dynasty leagues and others... I don't think anyone in Dynasty would even consider for half a second dropping Semien over Segura on May 12th in a 162 game season... Hence, I like Dynasty and the strategic thinking vs redraft leagues etc which I don't play anymore.. That is just me though...
    100%. Would have never dropped him in a dynasty.

I actually like the fast-paced nature of this type of league though. Keeps me a lot more engaged.

Thanks

So I traded Kyle Tucker and Aaron Loup for Seiya Suzuki and Emmanuel Clase.

I then flipped Suzuki for Giancarlo Stanton.

And then I traded Stanton for Yordan Alvarez.

Out: Tucker, Loup
    In: Alvarez, Clase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,763 Times in 8,441 Posts
    Tucker is awesome. Really hate the first leg of that but getting Alvarez in the end makes it fine. But you lose SB.
    The Mike Wilner of BJMB

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Tucker is awesome. Really hate the first leg of that but getting Alvarez in the end makes it fine. But you lose SB.
    Yeah I just had to do it. Alvarez is a statcast god with 7.53 points per game in this league, which is actually better than anyone on my team (which includes Soto and Vladdy lol).

If it was a category league I might have thought twice about it.

Thanks

After weeks of wheeling and dealing in the most fun and fast-paced league I've ever been a part of (I've made 24 trades, lol), my team is officially in a place where I feel it is essentially "complete" and how I want it. Pretty much any movement from now on will be around the fringes to facilitate injured players, etc.

Thanks

So I have Ohtani in this league, who gets 100% of his points credit on both sides of the ball regardless of where he's slotted. Essentially, I can have him sitting in an SP slot all week long and still get full credit for his offensive points.

This has resulted in Ohtani being worth 370 points so far this season despite not even really getting going with the bat yet.

So naturally, everyone wants Ohtani and people have been making godfather offers all season long for him.

Here's the dilemma: A two-for-one trade with another superstar bat and another ace for Ohtani is still almost never worth it for me. Example: Let's say Bryce Harper and Logan Gilbert are at 300 points and Ohtani alone is at 290. In a vacuum, the points say its a fair trade but the extra roster spot I get with Ohtani being a 2-in-1 player makes it so that even a random 100 point FA pickup skews the value heavily in Ohtani's favor.

Now I have a potential trade offer floating around that has tempted me into considering an Ohtani move for the first time.

Out: Ohtani (370 points), Springer (187 points), Lyles (123 points, 17.59 FP/G)
    In: Trout (260 points), Harper (222 points), Gallen (196 points, 39.21 FP/G), Tatis (0 points)

Lyles is a just a streamer and would be dropped if I didn't make the trade so he isn't a factor in the deal.

It's essentially Ohtani and Springer for Trout, Harper, Gallen and Tatis.

The other dilemma is that I have Soto (240 points) and Yordan (220 points) already, so even moving Springer in this deal would give me Soto, Trout, Harper, Yordan, Teoscar and Tatis for 3 OF spots, lmao. You could fit one in the utility spot, but that's still not ideal because I have Segura/Trea Turner at 2B and Bichette/Franco at SS, so my UT spot is pretty busy with superstar players as well.

I have no idea what the hell to do lol. The trade being offered feels like a huge get but the way roster construction works in this league it might be pretty bad for me.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,197 Posts
    After weeks of wheeling and dealing in the most fun and fast-paced league I've ever been a part of (I've made 24 trades, lol), my team is officially in a place where I feel it is essentially "complete" and how I want it. Pretty much any movement from now on will be around the fringes to facilitate injured players, etc.

Depends what your cup of tea is. If you enjoy playing video games on “rookie” and killing the competition, seems like a great league. If you like to put it on all-star mode, prob not the best

12. The Following User Says Thank You to connorp For This Useful Post:

Carlos Danger (05-14-2022)

MVP
    Thanks
    I mean you literally have the first 5 picks of the money league Yahoo draft my kid did that I’m co-managing

Then you have a bunch of legit 2nd round talent that was 2nd talent before the draft

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    Depends what your cup of tea is. If you enjoy playing video games on “rookie” and killing the competition, seems like a great league. If you like to put it on all-star mode, prob not the best
    I'm kind of in a weird place between being what I consider a generally smart-ish baseball fan and being a total fantasy noob. I'm steamrolling this league but have no chance in a league on this forum for example. Like in BORED I have no idea what I'm doing because category leagues are just really confusing to me. A points league is really easy to grasp for me as someone who's never really done fantasy before while building a team from scratch.

Everyone in this league is pretty much just as inexperienced as me, which kind of happened by dumb luck. We just put an open invite to people in our Discord and this was the group that we ended up with haha.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,307 Posts
    I'm kind of in a weird place between being what I consider a generally smart-ish baseball fan and being a total fantasy noob. I'm steamrolling this league but have no chance in a league on this forum for example. Like in BORED I have no idea what I'm doing because category leagues are just really confusing to me. A points league is really easy to grasp for me as someone who's never really done fantasy before while building a team from scratch.

Everyone in this league is pretty much just as inexperienced as me, which kind of happened by dumb luck. We just put an open invite to people in our Discord and this was the group that we ended up with haha.
    Discord? Which one?
    See the ball and let it fly, Watch the ball soaring through the sky, Higher like a comet in the night air, Defying gravity is rare, Let the ball fly, Its homerun time!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,156 Times in 2,367 Posts

As commish, I would veto most of your deals. Like, wft?

I'm in an off board league that's also not too competitive, some guys are trying to get the players on their favourite MLB teams. Makes for some hilarity.
    Jimcanuck does not endorse or make any warranty, express or implied, of the accuracy of any link in this post.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimcanuck For This Useful Post:

TwistedLogic (05-14-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Discord? Which one?
    Those CBA discussion and free agent frenzy megathreads I was making on Reddit created a small community in the comment sections of those threads among people who were regularly visiting and participating in those posts. As the CBA was ending, they didn't want to lose touch so we decided to make a Discord. It's not a huge community, just over 100 people and far fewer than that active, but it's pretty chill and has gotten fairly tight-knit because of the GameDay discussion and fantasy channels.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TwistedLogic For This Useful Post:

LetTheBallFly (05-14-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    As commish, I would veto most of your deals. Like, wft?

I'm in an off board league that's also not too competitive, some guys are trying to get the players on their favourite MLB teams. Makes for some hilarity.
    lmao. That's what makes this league so fun, there are so many trades. Like there have probably been nearly a hundred trades already a month into the season. It's like the MLB trade deadline all the time.

MVP
    Thanks
    lmao. That's what makes this league so fun, there are so many trades. Like there have probably been nearly a hundred trades already a month into the season. It's like the MLB trade deadline all the time.
    You can trade all day but there no way you should end up with the Top 5 ranked players in Yahoo, 2 of the top 3 pitchers, and a bunch of legit 2nd rounders lol. But it’s great to see the enthusiasm and not trying to rain on your parade