Preview
    7:08 PM ET
Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,745 to 1,760 of 1764

Thread: Official Fantasy Baseball Advice Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 5,224 Times in 3,023 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedLogic View Post
    I'm kind of in a weird place between being what I consider a generally smart-ish baseball fan and being a total fantasy noob.
    Interesting theory but I'm going to have to disagree here. I'd like to introduce your unbridled affinity for Greg Bird (currently slashing .143/.313/.273 for Scranton) as Exhibit A.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Interesting theory but I'm going to have to disagree here. I'd like to introduce your unbridled affinity for Greg Bird (currently slashing .143/.313/.273 for Scranton) as Exhibit A.
    The guy can rake against ST pitching but gets dominated by minor league pitching

Thanks
    Thanked 6,199 Times in 2,735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    You can trade all day but there no way you should end up with the Top 5 ranked players in Yahoo, 2 of the top 3 pitchers, and a bunch of legit 2nd rounders lol. But it’s great to see the enthusiasm and not trying to rain on your parade
    lmao, I agree. And I doubt anyone's interested in this but it's fun for me to relive my first month in this league so here's how I built the roster:

Draft:

R1: Shohei Ohtani
    R2: Matt Olson
    R3: Wander Franco
    R4: Manny Machado
    R5: George Springer
    R6: Teoscar Hernandez
    R7: Jacob DeGrom
    R8: Frankie Montas
    R9: Adley Rutschman
    R10: Max Muncy
    R11: J.D. Martinez
    R12: Sean Manaea
    R13: Spencer Torkelson
    R14: Chris Taylor
    R15: Sonny Gray
    R16: Blake Treinen
    R17: Kike Hernandez
    R18: Adam Wainwright
    R19: Colin McHugh
    R20: Alejandro Kirk
    R21: Aaron Loup
    R22: Kendall Graveman
    R23: Drew Steckenreider
    R24: Ryan Yarbrough
    R25: Tim Mayza
    R26: Adam Cimber

Transaction Timeline:

- Claim Julio Rodriguez (Drop Kike Hernandez)

- Claim Stephen Strasburg (To IL)

- Claim Kyle Hendricks (Drop Ryan Yarbrough)

- Claim Daulton Jefferies

- Claim Danny Jansen

- Claim Kike Hernandez

- Claim Tylor Megill (Drop Julio Rodriguez)

- Claim J.P. Feiyereisen

- Claim Alex Cobb

- Claim Julio Rodriguez

- Claim Marcell Ozuna

- TRADE #1: Received Marcus Semien in exchange for Julio Rodriguez | This trade turned out to be an L for me. J-Rod still has value in this league while I was recently forced to drop Semien, who is currently one of the worst players in baseball.

- Claim Sean Murphy

- Claim Will Crowe

- Claim Andrew Heaney (Drop Daulton Jefferies)

- Claim Zack Collins (Drop Alejandro Kirk)

- Claim Victor Arano

- TRADE #2: Received Jose Berrios in exchange for Kyle Hendricks | This will most likely be a win down the road for me but we all thought this was a fleece at the time and this has been an L for me so far. Hendricks has 136 points, Berrios is at 77.

- TRADE #3: Received Clayton Kershaw and Jesus Sanchez in exchange for Adam Wainwright, Marcell Ozuna and Sonny Gray. | This trade was considered a bad move by the guys here on BJMB when I made it. Ozuna and Sanchez have both been non-factors so far, and Sonny Gray has been on the IL for most of the season. Kershaw was looking like a big W for me over Wainwright but he just went on the IL so this is still up in the air.

- Claim Tony Gonsolin

- Claim Daulton Jefferies

- Claim Paul Blackburn (Drop Drew Steckenreider)

- TRADE #4: Received Yu Darvish in exchange for Daulton Jefferies. | This was one of the most hilarious fleeces of the season in our league at this point, even though Jefferies had been pitching exceptionally at that point and also had the bonus of bot SP/RP eligibility. I eventually sent this guy Jake Odorizzi for free to make this deal less of an embarassment for him. Looking back now, Darvish has actually struggled while Odorizzi has been lights out lately and Jefferies is still a solid contributor so the guy is actually really happy with his end of the deal at this point. It didn't matter for me whether Darvish struggled or not, however, because he never threw a pitch for me.

- Claim Bruce Zimmermann

- Claim Dillon Peters

- TRADE #5: Received Kevin Gausman and Alek Manoah in exchange for Yu Darvish, Sean Manaea and Alex Cobb. | People at the time actually thought I lost this trade, including the guy I traded with. It did have the potential to look bad but I made the homer trade here and it's paid off in spades so far. Both Gausman and Manoah have been better for points than any of the three guys I gave up. My favorite deal of the season.

- TRADE #6: Received Max Scherzer and Bryce Harper in exchange for Tylor Megill, Stephen Strasburg, J.D. Martinez and Collin McHugh. | Scherzer vs. Megill was a relatively tough choice at the time and has been pretty even since then (besides one bad start from Megill). Harper for J.D. Martinez and the other guys has been exactly as good as it looked, although again, Harper never played a game for me.

- TRADE #7: Received Juan Soto and Raisel Iglesias in exchange for Bryce Harper and Tony Gonsolin. | Phillies fan homer that desperately wanted Harper. Thank you, lol.

- TRADE #8: Received Jordan Romano, Kris Bryant and German Marquez in exchange for Tim Mayza, Bruce Zimmermann, Kike Hernandez and Danny Jansen. | This looked really good for me at the time but Romano has not really separated himself from the pack of relievers and has brutal Statcast peripherals. Marquez and Kike have both been terrible and were each respectively dropped while Zimmermann has been excellent for the guy I traded him to. Jansen and Bryant both have been on IL since the deal (until Jansen coming back today).

- TRADE #9: Received Jhoan Duran in exchange for German Marquez. | The guy who traded me Marquez in the above deal later picked up Duran, who I had eyes on for several days without having a roster spot to pick him up with. I asked him if he wanted Marquez back for his recent claim and he siad sure. Very glad with this one so far.

- Claim Martin Perez

- TRADE #10: Received Bo Bichette for Martin Perez. | Perez had almost perfect-gamed the Astros after my claim so he looked really good. I thought I pillaged this guy in getting Bo after one hot Perez start but Perez has been automatic since then and is now the #2 ranked player in the league with RP eligibility, just 3 points behind Nestor Cortes. I still consider this a win for me but the other guy is really happy with it.

- Claim Jake Odorizzi

- TRADE #11: Received Jose Ramirez for Manny Machado. | These guys were dead even in points at the time with Arenado so this was a tough one for me. I thought I got the best of the three in Ramirez back but this has been a straight L for me so far. Manny is now at 288 points to Ramirez's 243 and looks like a runaway favorite for NL MVP right now.

- TRADE #4B: Sent Jake Odorizzi to complete the Darvish/Jefferies deal.

- Claim Rich Hill

- TRADE #12: Received Travis d'Arnaud in exchange for Rich Hill and Zack Collins. | Everyone thought I lost this deal at the time, lol. I didn't really care because it was the precursor to a second trade:

- TRADE #13: Received Vladimir Guerrero Jr. in exchange for Matt Olson and Travis d'Arnaud. | Everyone thought I lost this deal as well. So far, I have. Vladdy has never had more points than Olson at any point this season and d'Arnaud is the #6 catcher.

- TRADE #14: Received Austin Hays for Jesus Sanchez. | Hays had a godly week after this (for another team) while Sanchez has been putrid.

- TRADE #15: Received Trea Turner and Julio Rodriguez in exchange for Austin Hays and Chris Taylor. | Hilarious deal where the other GM thought he fleeced me for like a week because of how hot Hays was. Turner was playing really bad up until that point but he's started to get going now.

- TRADE #16: Rececived Framber Valdez for Julio Rodriguez and Victor Arano. | I fleeced myself here because I needed a mid-tier pitcher to make my next trade.

- TRADE #17: Received Garrett Whitlock for Framber Valdez. | Whitlock was one of the top RP's at the time. He hasn't been huge for me yet but I'm still happy with the J-Rod/Arano exchange for him. I picked up Tommy Pham in free agency to make up for the bench OF spot I had opened up.

- Claim Tommy Pham

- Claim Tyler Mahle

- TRADE #18: Received Corbin Burnes for Paul Blackburn and Andrew Heaney. Received Kenley Jansen in exchange for Dillon Peters. Received Kyle Tucker and Gabriel Moreno in exchange for Tommy Pham, Tyler Mahle and Riley Greene. | Three-part deal where I sold high on Paul Blackburn (who's been great this season) for Corbin Burnes, lmao. The guy really liked the other two parts to this trade and was a big believer in Andrew Heaney, which helped him make the Black-Burnes part of it.

- TRADE #19: Received Juan Yepez in exchange for Spencer Torkelson. | Got bored of Tork. Wanted a hot bat.

- TRADE #20: Received Seiya Suzuki and Emmanuel Clase in exchange for Kyle Tucker and Aaron Loup. | I was pursuing Yordan Alvarez really heavily at this time and while I knew Tucker for Suzuki was a bad trade for me, the guy who owned Alvarez liked Suzuki slightly more so I took a gamble. It didn't pay off right away because Suzuki+ for Alvarez still gave him cold feet but I was able to eventually flip Suzuki for Stanton, who he really liked.

- Claim Taijuan Walker

- Claim Jean Segura (Drop Marcus Semien)

- TRADE #21: Received A.J. Minter for J.P. Feyereisen. | Feyer was the better pitcher so far but I liked Minter's peripherals more. The Alvarez owner also really liked Minter so I thought grabbing him could potentially give me more options for a deal.

- TRADE #22: Received Giancarlo Stanton for Seiya Suzuki. | Other guy really liked Seiya, lol.

- TRADE #23: Received Yordan Alvarez for Giancarlo Stanton as part of three-team deal. Facilitated the other half of the deal, which was Alvarez owner receiving Mike Clevinger and Eugenio Suarez in exchange for Shane Bieber. | The guy who owned Alvarez is a Statcast worshipper and was extremely concerned about Bieber's peripherals. He was trying badly to dump him for a few days so I asked him if I could get him a trade he liked, would he pull the trigger on Stanton/Alvarez. He said yes so I went around and shopped Bieber until I found him the Clevinger/Suarez package.

- TRADE #24: Received Michael King in exchange for Jordan Romano and Taijuan Walker. | Romano's Statcast page concerns me and I wanted King all season so this was easy for me.

Thanks
    Nobody's going to read the above post but just going through it all myself, I really don't think there were that many deals where I fleeced people. I got lucky on Soto that the guy who owned him was desperate for Harper. I traded Olson/d'Arnaud for Vladdy, which I don't think was a terrible deal for the other guy, and I bought really low on Trea Turner while he had been struggling and had brutal Statcast ratings. I turned my 4th round pick (Machado) into Ramirez, but that doesn't actually look like a good deal right now.

I think the biggest factor in me building the team I have is that I was ahead of the curve on claiming players in free agency. I turned my claims into a lot of really hot performers, who I was able to flip in 2-for-1, 3-for-2 type deals to upgrade my players each time. Like, the Corbin Burnes deal was almost all free agent claims I farmed throughout the first month of the season.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,224 Times in 3,023 Posts
    I'd like to request that the mods change the name of this thread to TwistedLogic's Fantasy Baseball Advice thread and that we create a separate thread for everyone else. It's too hard to sift through his spam posts about his novice redraft leagues and now he's apparently chronicling all of his transactions in book format.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,763 Times in 8,441 Posts
    Nobody's going to read the above post but just going through it all myself, I really don't think there were that many deals where I fleeced people. I got lucky on Soto that the guy who owned him was desperate for Harper. I traded Olson/d'Arnaud for Vladdy, which I don't think was a terrible deal for the other guy, and I bought really low on Trea Turner while he had been struggling and had brutal Statcast ratings. I turned my 4th round pick (Machado) into Ramirez, but that doesn't actually look like a good deal right now.

I think the biggest factor in me building the team I have is that I was ahead of the curve on claiming players in free agency. I turned my claims into a lot of really hot performers, who I was able to flip in 2-for-1, 3-for-2 type deals to upgrade my players each time. Like, the Corbin Burnes deal was almost all free agent claims I farmed throughout the first month of the season.
    There are a few trades in there that simply do not happen in competitive leagues, that's for sure
    The Mike Wilner of BJMB

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    There are a few trades in there that simply do not happen in competitive leagues, that's for sure
    Oh yeah I know haha. And this doesn't even mention any of the deals that other GMs in the league have done, there are several more brutal ones like that.

Some guy just traded Trevor Rogers for William Contreras last night because he "could use a backup catcher when Realmuto isn't playing." And no, he didn't think he was trading for Willson, he knew who he was getting lol.

MVP
    Thanks
    Oh yeah I know haha. And this doesn't even mention any of the deals that other GMs in the league have done, there are several more brutal ones like that.

Some guy just traded Trevor Rogers for William Contreras last night because he "could use a backup catcher when Realmuto isn't playing." And no, he didn't think he was trading for Willson, he knew who he was getting lol.
    Trea Turner #1 overall in most leagues for nothing
    Bo for nothing

Burn that league to the ground man lol
    Last edited by connorp; 05-14-2022 at 11:51 PM.

Thanks
    - TRADE #18: Received Corbin Burnes for Paul Blackburn and Andrew Heaney. Received Kenley Jansen in exchange for Dillon Peters. Received Kyle Tucker and Gabriel Moreno in exchange for Tommy Pham, Tyler Mahle and Riley Greene.

Like wtf

I could play fantasy baseball with my mom and she would reject some of these trades

Burnes for nothing
    Tucker for basically nothing
    A closer for nothing
    The Mike Wilner of BJMB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Laika For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (05-15-2022)

Thanks
    TL you need to just join BORED or something
    The Mike Wilner of BJMB

Thanks
    TL you need to just join BORED or something
    I'm in BORED, lol. I'm just not very good at category leagues. Points leagues dumb things down for me and it's easy for me to work with a single number. My learning-disability ass can't handle much more than that.

And it's even tougher in a league like BORED where I came in as a complete fantasy noob but I inherited a team I had no hand in building and pretty much everyone else in the league had more than a decade of experience.

I've been thinking hard about pulling out of BORED lately for that reason. I don't think it's fair to the other GMs that I've got a dud squad.

I wish we had a redraft league on here. All the dynasty leagues have teams that were meticulously built up over all these years. A redraft keeps things fresh and I'd enjoy that a lot more.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,168 Times in 1,972 Posts
    I'm in BORED, lol. I'm just not very good at category leagues. Points leagues dumb things down for me and it's easy for me to work with a single number. My learning-disability ass can't handle much more than that.

And it's even tougher in a league like BORED where I came in as a complete fantasy noob but I inherited a team I had no hand in building and pretty much everyone else in the league had more than a decade of experience.

I've been thinking hard about pulling out of BORED lately for that reason. I don't think it's fair to the other GMs that I've got a dud squad.

I wish we had a redraft league on here. All the dynasty leagues have teams that were meticulously built up over all these years. A redraft keeps things fresh and I'd enjoy that a lot more.
    Stick it out with your BORED team. You donít have to be good right away, and selling off pieces you donít have attachment to will allow you to rebuild quicker. Itís not as sexy as Kyle Tucker for Jesus Sanchez trades youíve been making but with a little effort you can build a good team over time. The only difference is you need to pay attention to prospects a little bit.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,452 Times in 11,795 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    I'd like to request that the mods change the name of this thread to TwistedLogic's Fantasy Baseball Advice thread and that we create a separate thread for everyone else. It's too hard to sift through his spam posts about his novice redraft leagues and now he's apparently chronicling all of his transactions in book format.
    lol
    Alright let's all get drunk and disappoint our families tonight

Thanks
    Thanked 15,452 Times in 11,795 Posts
    Oh boy...
    Alright let's all get drunk and disappoint our families tonight

Thanks
    Thanked 3,156 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Cron, Will Smith (C), Corbin Carroll for Burnes and Devers

Which side do you prefer?

14 team dynasty with free for all on 30 man prospect farm

Trout, Judge, Stanton are my OF, lol
    Jimcanuck does not endorse or make any warranty, express or implied, of the accuracy of any link in this post.

MVP
    Thanks
    Will Smith is a C and only worth so much. I wouldn’t discuss it further if I was the other person