BOS 0
    In Progress
    Bottom 3rd
Page 182 of 183 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183 LastLast
Results 2,897 to 2,912 of 2927

Thread: Vidya Games Chat

Thanks
    Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,661 Posts
    Started playing "The Quarry" on Xbox Series X. Pretty fun game so far, reminds me a lot like the Heavy Rain gameplay with a Friday the 13th theme. It's cool the characters are CGI of actual actors/actresses which makes it feel like a movie.
    "6.2 WAR as a 23 year old. Felix Hernandez doesn't suck." - Boxy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 824 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dineke View Post
    You guys playing on series s or x? I just got 3 years of gamepass for cheap and trying to decide which console to buy
    Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    I got the Series X.
    Ended up not getting an Xbox since streaming from the xcloud works surprisingly well. I just really wanted to play MLB the show for the most part.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,203 Times in 4,624 Posts
    Doom 64 is available free on EPIC this week (just released the other day, and is designed for modern computers).
    LOD: Kansas City Royals | DDL: Abomination | BORED: Abomination | BBDL: Abomination | WTPDL: Abomination

Thanks
    Thanked 3,992 Times in 2,661 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dineke View Post
    You guys playing on series s or x? I just got 3 years of gamepass for cheap and trying to decide which console to buy
    Series S works fine for what it is, a cheaper version of the series X.

Series S
    Pros:
    - cheaper
    - smaller
    Cons:
    - Worse graphical capability
    - smaller hard drive
    - NO DISC DRIVE

If you can afford the X i’d suggest that, if not then the S still works well.

I personally have a series S and a PS5. Love the compact size of the S. The PS5 is fucking massive in comparison.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangstag View Post
    Series S works fine for what it is, a cheaper version of the series X.

Series S
    Pros:
    - cheaper
    - smaller
    Cons:
    - Worse graphical capability
    - smaller hard drive
    - NO DISC DRIVE

If you can afford the X i’d suggest that, if not then the S still works well.

I personally have a series S and a PS5. Love the compact size of the S. The PS5 is fucking massive in comparison.
    Always best to buy a system with a disc drive. Downloads for digital copies can take a while and better to have a hardcopy of the game since you get a case and could always sell it down the road if you want. Plus Best Buy and Amazon always have sales on video games.

I would also say, video games over time appreciate or hold their value. Keep your original boxes for your system and game cases because in 20 years or so you can probably get your money back or more. Look at Nintendo 64 games for example. If you have the game with the original box and manual, some games are worth more now than they were in the late 90s. There is a huge market in retro video games.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysblue View Post
    Always best to buy a system with a disc drive. Downloads for digital copies can take a while and better to have a hardcopy of the game since you get a case and could always sell it down the road if you want. Plus Best Buy and Amazon always have sales on video games.

I would also say, video games over time appreciate or hold their value. Keep your original boxes for your system and game cases because in 20 years or so you can probably get your money back or more. Look at Nintendo 64 games for example. If you have the game with the original box and manual, some games are worth more now than they were in the late 90s. There is a huge market in retro video games.
    I agree. Only reason I got the S is because I got gamepass super cheap (like 50$ for 2 full years) so I didn’t even plan to buy any games for it.

Also technically when you “buy” digital, you don’t own shit. Your access to the game can be revoked at any time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stangstag For This Useful Post:

jaysblue (08-21-2022)

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 2,841 Posts
    Horizon Zero Dawn / Forbidden West being made into a series by Netflix, apparently going to be shot in Toronto as well.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks
    Thanked 2,955 Times in 1,723 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Horizon Zero Dawn / Forbidden West being made into a series by Netflix, apparently going to be shot in Toronto as well.
    Sounds like another video game series that Netflix will try to fuck up (aside from Witcher)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I was wrong.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Interesting…. Im not really hopeful though.

Will The Last of Us be one of the first truly good video game adaptations? We shall see

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adama View Post
    Sounds like another video game series that Netflix will try to fuck up (aside from Witcher)
    The Witcher series is based on the books FYI and has nothing to do with the games

Thanks
    The Witcher series is based on the books FYI and has nothing to do with the games
    Well, the Netflix show doesn't have much to do with the books either. Haha.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Slot Machine For This Useful Post:

Captain Adama (08-21-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    Well, the Netflix show doesn't have much to do with the books either. Haha.
    Lol yeah guess not

Thanks
    I really like my Series S but I also have a really good PC for a lot of games that the Series S would struggle with. My partner and I have a little one now so my gaming time is more minimal and I'm enjoying playing games from the couch instead of the desk.

I intentionally wanted a no disk drive system (I frankly don't have the space to store games) and wanted something to basically play GamePass games lol.

That being said in the last four months I've basically just been playing GoW on the PS5 or Switch games.

DONOR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    I really like my Series S but I also have a really good PC for a lot of games that the Series S would struggle with. My partner and I have a little one now so my gaming time is more minimal and I'm enjoying playing games from the couch instead of the desk.

I intentionally wanted a no disk drive system (I frankly don't have the space to store games) and wanted something to basically play GamePass games lol.

That being said in the last four months I've basically just been playing GoW on the PS5 or Switch games.
    God of War also has a series in development with Amazon Prime.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks
    Interesting…. Im not really hopeful though.

Will The Last of Us be one of the first truly good video game adaptations? We shall see
    I was watching Uncharted the other night, and it was entertaining. Nothing epic or legendary but a good popcorn flick.

I would say Sonic the Hedgehog is the best video game adaptation thus far.

Other films like Max Payne, Hitman, Assassin's Creed (which I had high hopes for with Michael Fassbender in it), Resident Evil, Silent Hill and Tomb Raider (somewhat entertaining back in the day), have been big let downs.

Wouldn't shock me if see more video game adaptations in the near future since Hollywood is running out of original ideas. It's either sequels, comic-book films, or remakes. Next will be video games. You'll see films like The Last of Us, Metal Gear Solid, Just Cause, another Uncharted, etc.this decade.

DONOR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysblue View Post
    I was watching Uncharted the other night, and it was entertaining. Nothing epic or legendary but a good popcorn flick.

I would say Sonic the Hedgehog is the best video game adaptation thus far.

Other films like Max Payne, Hitman, Assassin's Creed (which I had high hopes for with Michael Fassbender in it), Resident Evil, Silent Hill and Tomb Raider (somewhat entertaining back in the day), have been big let downs.

Wouldn't shock me if see more video game adaptations in the near future since Hollywood is running out of original ideas. It's either sequels, comic-book films, or remakes. Next will be video games. You'll see films like The Last of Us, Metal Gear Solid, Just Cause, another Uncharted, etc.this decade.
    I think certain games though lend themselves to series rather than movies. The Last of Us being the perfect example. Had a buddy get on as an extra while they were shooting in Calgary, I couldn’t get the day off work….would have been cool to be dead body #2
    ****FREE SPANKY****