Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    ban
    Those who scream the loudest

2. The Following User Says Thank You to L54 For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (07-09-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    Attention and money. Itís not really a phenomenon limited to rape victims. When thereís big money involved in other kinds of lawsuitsÖ heck, even when a large reward is announced for something, thousands of people call with bogus information. Thatís a fact. Humans are just shitty people, the worst of them at the very least
    Stats show it is rare for it to be false accusations. Unless you have proof it happens a lot you are a part of the problem.
    SPANKY is a hypocrite counter: 707

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DigitalRock For This Useful Post:

vaff (07-09-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    The only ones that really get scrutinized are the ones that acted weirdly. Like with that movie producer Weinstein everyone knew he was a slimy pig and didnít dismiss the kind of stuff he did but you didnít feel for the girls that added their name in there but repeatedly kept coming back for more trying to still get movie parts. Thatís called after-the-fact regret
    I fail to believe you are this naive/ignorant..... If you accuse anyone famous your entire dirty laundry will be out and twisted...
    SPANKY is a hypocrite counter: 707

Prospect
    Thanks
    Mookie Betts and several of his teammates have stopped following him on Instagram. I know that sounds like an “oooh, big deal” type of thing. But I think in this situation it’s pretty notable.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,839 Times in 10,946 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vaff View Post
    Mookie Betts and several of his teammates have stopped following him on Instagram. I know that sounds like an “oooh, big deal” type of thing. But I think in this situation it’s pretty notable.
    Dodgers reddit says that most of those guys never followed him in the first place. Not sure which of them and the guy who tweeted about them unfollowing him is wrong.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (07-09-2021)

Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Dodgers reddit says that most of those guys never followed him in the first place. Not sure which of them and the guy who tweeted about them unfollowing him is wrong.
    Who knows. Weird situation. Just glad we’re not the ones having to deal with it.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,234 Times in 951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalRock View Post
    Stats show it is rare for it to be false accusations. Unless you have proof it happens a lot you are a part of the problem.
    What stats? Iím not big on stats that are flawed. How would you know how rare it is for false accusations? If you say 5-10%, thatís because itís 10% that are proven false, right? What about all the acquittals or convictions that were false and you donít know? Are you only using a sample size of cases where there is irrefutable third-person evidence, if so Iíd listen to that stat.

Anyways, I believe a whole lot of rapes happen that donít get reported and those are all rapes that happened. I believe it takes a ton of courage for girls to come forward, I genuinely do. I wouldnít even object to calling it a societal problem.

However, I could also say that in cases with 9 figure bank accounts ans celebrity status, I would think the whole line becomes a lot more blurred as I understand human nature. Every case needs to be judged on its merits and nobody should be presumed innocent or guilty by anything other than the facts of THEIR case, nobody elses

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,234 Times in 951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalRock View Post
    I fail to believe you are this naive/ignorant..... If you accuse anyone famous your entire dirty laundry will be out and twisted...
    Yeah your entire dirty laundry gets aired but not every girl continued to hang out with their rapist, flirt with them, and had sex with them again, etc

That’s the kind of stuff regular people have a hard time with

Thanks
    Thanked 4,518 Times in 2,649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Yeah and on top of it how many of those guys even run their own Instagram account. Clearly Bauer is a big instagramer bc thatís where he macks on chicks but a lot of them are run by marketing teams.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,643 Times in 7,826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Yeah and on top of it how many of those guys even run their own Instagram account. Clearly Bauer is a big instagramer bc that’s where he macks on chicks but a lot of them are run by marketing teams.
    Or like, their wife
    The Mike Wilner of BJMB

Thanks
    Bauer's pretty much exonerated after these new details broke.

A main factor of criminology boils down to whether there was premeditation or not and the fact that the girl was openly plotting against Bauer in a malicious manner (even going so far as to imply that there was a monetary angle) pretty much fucks over any chance she had at being portrayed as the victim.

Seems like a clear cut case at this point. Any move from the Dodgers to keep Bauer off the field will be for optical purposes rather than punishment for wrongdoing. I hope the team does the right thing and lets him back on the field. At worst, the sexual physicality was clearly consensual. What more can they possibly hold against the guy? Bauer's the victim in this case.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 5ToolPhenom For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (07-11-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,761 Times in 10,544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ToolPhenom View Post
    Bauer's pretty much exonerated after these new details broke.

A main factor of criminology boils down to whether there was premeditation or not and the fact that the girl was openly plotting against Bauer in a malicious manner (even going so far as to imply that there was a monetary angle) pretty much fucks over any chance she had at being portrayed as the victim.

Seems like a clear cut case at this point. Any move from the Dodgers to keep Bauer off the field will be for optical purposes rather than punishment for wrongdoing. I hope the team does the right thing and lets him back on the field. At worst, the sexual physicality was clearly consensual. What more can they possibly hold against the guy? Bauer's the victim in this case.
    If what her friend says, which seems true, aren't true is like how, lol... it's her own incriminating tweets. It's gotten a lot better for Bauer, recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Alright let's all get drunk and disappoint our families tonight

Thanks
    Yeah buddy, seems like the friend provided the goods and it was verified.

Whole thing seemed like a bit of a nothing burger once we saw the text messages released from Bauer's legal team. I sorta feel bad for the guy. Going to be tough to come back in the eyes of the public in this crazy culture. His own fault for being such a dumbass tho!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 5ToolPhenom For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (07-11-2021),Virgil_Hiltz (07-13-2021),wilko (07-12-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ToolPhenom View Post
    Yeah buddy, seems like the friend provided the goods and it was verified.

Whole thing seemed like a bit of a nothing burger once we saw the text messages released from Bauer's legal team. I sorta feel bad for the guy. Going to be tough to come back in the eyes of the public in this crazy culture. His own fault for being such a dumbass tho!
    He still assaulted an unconscious woman and admitted to as much over the phone in a recorded conversation. The source for these latest details is also a bit questionable to say the least.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,518 Times in 2,649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Or like, their wife
    When the news broke, 53 year old Albert Pujols immediately logged into his Instagram account and unfollowed Bauer.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

5ToolPhenom (07-16-2021),BTS (07-13-2021),Spanky99 (07-13-2021),wilko (07-13-2021)

Thanks
    Radar Online is owned by the National Enquirer. Everyone should really think on that for a minute. I'd love to find out Bauer didn't do some disgusting shit to an unconscious woman. That isn't the reality of the situation though.