Page 112 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,777 to 1,792 of 2886

Thread: Jays 2021/22 General Off-Season Discussion

  1. #1777
    Hall of Famer Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,148
    Thanks
    1,087
    Thanked 3,156 Times in 2,367 Posts
    I seem to recall LGJ getting pre game or spring training reps at 3B last season?

    He'd be below average, but not as bad as Fat Vlad, I say.
    Jimcanuck does not endorse or make any warranty, express or implied, of the accuracy of any link in this post.

  2. #1778
    MVP Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,491
    Thanks
    4,254
    Thanked 5,227 Times in 3,025 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangstag View Post
    Baseless garbage take
    Lol you guys are dumbasses. If Gurriel is such a great option at 3B then why was he a dumpster fire in the infield by every metric (SSS but everything on Fangraphs and Statcast says he sucked) and then banished to the outfield in the middle of the 2019 season?

    He couldn't even throw the ball to 1B and now after a 3 year break he's supposed to be viable at 3B?

  3. #1779
    Big Leaguer Ehjays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,675
    Thanks
    1,744
    Thanked 724 Times in 405 Posts

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ehjays For This Useful Post:

    Deadpool (12-24-2021),Jimcanuck (12-24-2021),LetTheBallFly (12-24-2021),NZ_jayfan (12-25-2021),Spanky99 (12-24-2021)

  5. #1780
    MVP TwistedLogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    7,503
    Thanks
    1,415
    Thanked 6,199 Times in 2,735 Posts

  6. #1781
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    10,918
    Thanks
    321
    Thanked 4,489 Times in 2,596 Posts
    Jeff McNeil from the Mets reportedly to be on the block when the lockout is over.

    Option for the IF situation for the Jays? Can play 2b, 3b and OF, hits lefty. Coming off a down year after 3 pretty solid ones. Projected for 2.5 million in Arb for the upcoming season, with Arb2 and Arb3 in '23 and '24.

    Not a ton of HR pop but decidedly more power than Espinal, takes some walks and doesn't strike out a ton. Worth a look?
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  7. #1782
    Blue Chip Prospect The_DH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    958
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 61 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Jeff McNeil from the Mets reportedly to be on the block when the lockout is over.

    Option for the IF situation for the Jays? Can play 2b, 3b and OF, hits lefty. Coming off a down year after 3 pretty solid ones. Projected for 2.5 million in Arb for the upcoming season, with Arb2 and Arb3 in '23 and '24.

    Not a ton of HR pop but decidedly more power than Espinal, takes some walks and doesn't strike out a ton. Worth a look?
    he wouldn't be replacing Espinal, rather it would be Biggio. Is he really that much of an upgrade to pay the cost?

  8. #1783
    Hall of Famer Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,148
    Thanks
    1,087
    Thanked 3,156 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Jeff McNeil from the Mets reportedly to be on the block when the lockout is over.

    Option for the IF situation for the Jays? Can play 2b, 3b and OF, hits lefty. Coming off a down year after 3 pretty solid ones. Projected for 2.5 million in Arb for the upcoming season, with Arb2 and Arb3 in '23 and '24.

    Not a ton of HR pop but decidedly more power than Espinal, takes some walks and doesn't strike out a ton. Worth a look?
    Definitely worth a look. That guy is a talented hitter, defense is meh though, like most of the Mets.
    Jimcanuck does not endorse or make any warranty, express or implied, of the accuracy of any link in this post.

  9. #1784
    Hall of Famer Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,148
    Thanks
    1,087
    Thanked 3,156 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The_DH View Post
    he wouldn't be replacing Espinal, rather it would be Biggio. Is he really that much of an upgrade to pay the cost?
    Biggio >> Espinal
    Jimcanuck does not endorse or make any warranty, express or implied, of the accuracy of any link in this post.

  10. #1785
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,658
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Biggio >> Espinal
    As a 3b, I’d say it’s <

  11. #1786
    Hall of Famer Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,148
    Thanks
    1,087
    Thanked 3,156 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    As a 3b, I’d say it’s <
    Possibly. Espinal will likely be worse, and Biggio better, than 2021. How it shakes out TBD but I wouldn't be surprised if a healthy Biggio is the better 3B option.
    Jimcanuck does not endorse or make any warranty, express or implied, of the accuracy of any link in this post.

  12. #1787
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
    What would it cost to get McNeil though? Would it be him straight up for Kirk? More? Less?

  13. #1788
    Blue Chip Prospect The_DH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    958
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 61 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Possibly. Espinal will likely be worse, and Biggio better, than 2021. How it shakes out TBD but I wouldn't be surprised if a healthy Biggio is the better 3B option.
    If Biggio and McNeil are about the same then why give up assets for McNeil? You wouldn’t really want both of them, would you?

  14. #1789
    Hall of Famer Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,148
    Thanks
    1,087
    Thanked 3,156 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The_DH View Post
    If Biggio and McNeil are about the same then why give up assets for McNeil? You wouldn’t really want both of them, would you?
    Biggo and McNeil are above average. Before last season both were looked at as 3-4 WAR players. Biggio battled injuries, McNeil got babiped to some degree.

    McNeil makes the team better and fills the 3B void.

    Espinal is best deployed as a super utility off the bench.
    Jimcanuck does not endorse or make any warranty, express or implied, of the accuracy of any link in this post.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimcanuck For This Useful Post:

    Brownie19 (12-28-2021)

  16. #1790
    Blue Chip Prospect The_DH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    958
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 61 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Biggo and McNeil are above average. Before last season both were looked at as 3-4 WAR players. Biggio battled injuries, McNeil got babiped to some degree.

    McNeil makes the team better and fills the 3B void.

    Espinal is best deployed as a super utility off the bench.
    So would you play McNeil at 3b and Biggio at 2b with Espinal as sub? Personally I was hoping for at least one BAT for the infield, not just a bat. But if Morena is going to play 3b then it might make sense.

  17. #1791
    Hall of Famer Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,148
    Thanks
    1,087
    Thanked 3,156 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The_DH View Post
    So would you play McNeil at 3b and Biggio at 2b with Espinal as sub? Personally I was hoping for at least one BAT for the infield, not just a bat. But if Morena is going to play 3b then it might make sense.
    3 years of control on McNeil. Take the money saved by not signing a Bryant and invest in PITCHING.
    Jimcanuck does not endorse or make any warranty, express or implied, of the accuracy of any link in this post.

  18. #1792
    MVP L54's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    7,178
    Thanks
    1,339
    Thanked 3,168 Times in 1,972 Posts
    Pretty sure the Mets are looking at pitching in return for McNeil. Not a great fit.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to L54 For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (12-28-2021)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •